PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Joe, for a great Oyster Run!

Radthorne
09-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks for leading a great ride today, Joe! Radgirl had a great time, and met some new friends too. Looking forward to more rides with the WA Spyder troop!

Here's a few of the pix we snapped today:

Stopping for breakfast in LaConner:

Spyder lineup on the main drag in Anacortes:

Our RT poking his nose out among all the other bikes:

Check it out! Reverse-trike Harley with lean!

wa3wheels
09-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Sorry we missed the Run, but last minute project issues poped up. :banghead:

wukka
09-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks for leading a great ride today, Joe! Radgirl had a great time, and met some new friends too. Looking forward to more rides with the WA Spyder troop!

No problem, and thanks for joining the ryde. 14 Spyders in this ryde makes it the biggest Washington Spyder event yet, which was a big deal given the awful rain in the morning and the incredible winds in the afternoon. My RT was stable on the road, but had to hang on to those handlebars to keep from being blown off!

Thanks to everyone that joined in on this ryde...I'll post pictures later today as I filter through them...

lil rabbit
09-26-2011, 11:08 AM
I second the thanks. It was wet and windy but in all a good ride. It was nice meeting you all and getting some ideas for my RS. :ohyea:

Neez
09-26-2011, 11:42 AM
It was nice to see some familiar faces and a bunch of new ryders, too. Thought I was going to get blown sideways off the road over the canal coming from Anacortes! I met Chillicp ( Bruce) and Rose by chance on the road home and we rode together to the Canadian border, which is where the serious rain really started. Another great Oyster Run ( Rain Festival) !

chillicpl
09-26-2011, 08:45 PM
We'd also like to express our thanks to Joe for organizing the ride. This was our first opportunity to ride in a Spyder group. The Washington Spyder riders are definitely a class group. Special thanks to Pat and Brad for the dinner invite and great company Sat night. We really enjoyed meeting most of you and making a few new friends.

Our ride home was "fun" to say the least. We were carefully watching the clouds as we got closer to the border. I thought if i could clear the border quick enough we'd be able to stay in front of the rain but that didn't pan out well. The heavens opened up and poured as soon as we crossed. This was the first time I've ridden the Spyder in the rain and i have to say Wow!! Not a shimmy or wobble through torrential rains and i was able to keep my speed over 100km/hr. No issues from my new Falken rear tire at all.

We are looking forward to riding w/ our new Washington friends again!

take care and ride safe
Bruce & Rose

spyderdan
09-26-2011, 10:37 PM
It was great joining you all for breakfast and our ride into Anacortes for the 30th annual Oyster Run. And seeing riders from the North Bend meet & eat and Spyder in the Redwoods Rally. Looking forward to future rides and to next year's Oyster Run. Thanks Joe for getting us all together this year. With the 14 of us and the other single Spyder rides that came in was a good representation over last year showing. Let's see what we can have next year. Ride safe and see you all soon I hope.

Dan

Seattle
09-27-2011, 05:00 AM
Hello everyone,

I've finally finish editing the GoPro video of our pilgrimage to Anacortes from LaConner and hope you will enjoy this keepsake. The video runtime is 13:38. I thought about speeding up the video to shorten the runtime length, but opted against that for those who wanted to pause the video to look at particular details. I also left the raw audio format as is as well. Any feedback would be welcomed so that I can improve overall viewing quality.

Joe - many thanks for being my "excellent driver" again this year. :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOxBniEK1W8

Seattle
09-27-2011, 01:44 PM
My apologies. The video for some reason failed to load - "technical difficulties". Will repost to let everyone know it's up once I've figured out why it isn't working.

UPDATE (5:28PM): Video has finished processing, however it cannot be viewed in HD until sometime tomorrow, for whatever reason.

hotglue
09-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I second the thanks. It was wet and windy but in all a good ride. It was nice meeting you all and getting some ideas for my RS. :ohyea:
SWEET!!!!! Looks like Y'all had a great time!!!!!! way ta go Bro!!!!!!:ohyea::spyder::2thumbs:

Radthorne
09-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Terrific work, Cindy! And of course, since our bike was the one behind you for most of the trip, we're the ones with the most screen time! :D And I noted the very gracious editing, where you ended the video about a minute before I nearly rear-ended you and Joe. :yikes: But hey, no harm no foul... :opps: (I'm sure the look of sheer terror on my face must have been amusing, though...)

Extra points to you as well for doing the first half of the trip turned 180 degrees on your seat to do the filming - hopefully you did your yoga exercises that morning!

Seattle
09-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks Kevin!

You mean that Spyder Yoga was supposed to be done BEFORE making the video! :p

I must've looked away before your near miss because I didn't spot that on video; bummer... a missed video op!!! :banghead:

Terrific work, Cindy! And of course, since our bike was the one behind you for most of the trip, we're the ones with the most screen time! :D And I noted the very gracious editing, where you ended the video about a minute before I nearly rear-ended you and Joe. :yikes: But hey, no harm no foul... :opps: (I'm sure the look of sheer terror on my face must have been amusing, though...)

Extra points to you as well for doing the first half of the trip turned 180 degrees on your seat to do the filming - hopefully you did your yoga exercises that morning!

Seattle
09-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Group ride to Anacortes. Caption this photo.

Radthorne
09-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Group ride to Anacortes. Caption this photo.

Step on it, Joe! They're gaining on us! :shocked:

wukka
09-28-2011, 07:15 AM
My apologies. The video for some reason failed to load - "technical difficulties". Will repost to let everyone know it's up once I've figured out why it isn't working.

UPDATE (5:28PM): Video has finished processing, however it cannot be viewed in HD until sometime tomorrow, for whatever reason.

Excellent video, and very well edited. Amazing work, Cindy.

You should bump the link to the "General Discussion" page, and post to the GoPro manufacturer's web page as a candidate for "video of the day."

The movie gives a great perspective of just how big the Oyster Run really is...

flamingobabe
09-28-2011, 07:47 AM
GREAT video!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree...this video needs to be shared with all Spyderlovers....

lil rabbit
09-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Good video!!!! I hope we all can get together again. And once again it was great meeting all of you. :spyder2::doorag:

flamingobabe
09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Good video!!!! I hope we all can get together again. And once again it was great meeting all of you. :spyder2::doorag:

Hey Bro....really glad you went on the ride...wish we could of been there too...Texas is a little far....maybe we can set-up a ride when we come out next summer....would love to meet the Washington SpyderLovers......

Radthorne
09-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Hey Bro....really glad you went on the ride...wish we could of been there too...Texas is a little far....maybe we can set-up a ride when we come out next summer....would love to meet the Washington SpyderLovers......

Lil Rabbit told us he was related to the famous Flamingobabe, just before his nifty Can Am hat blew off his head in the montrous winds we had up there. So we didn't get to hear more of the story. Are you the one who got him on board the Spyder train? Or did you both arrive at the idea independently?

flamingobabe
09-28-2011, 04:18 PM
well lil rabbit came for a visit in July and I let him ride my Spyder...he went home and purchased one.....good for him...the Spyder is more fun than anything else you can do with your hat on.........

Next summer we, hotglue and I will be traveling to Washington state for lil rabbitt's son's wedding and from there I think the 3 of us will travel to Alaska...hope to have a get together with the Washington SpyderLovers.......

Seattle
09-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Thanks Joe! Not sure how to "bump the link" to the General Discussion area. You're welcome to post on my behalf if that's easier. I thought about sharing this with GoPro as well... just haven't gotten around to it just yet.

Excellent video, and very well edited. Amazing work, Cindy.

You should bump the link to the "General Discussion" page, and post to the GoPro manufacturer's web page as a candidate for "video of the day."

The movie gives a great perspective of just how big the Oyster Run really is...

Lamonster
09-29-2011, 03:30 AM
Hello everyone,

I've finally finish editing the GoPro video of our pilgrimage to Anacortes from LaConner and hope you will enjoy this keepsake. The video runtime is 13:38. I thought about speeding up the video to shorten the runtime length, but opted against that for those who wanted to pause the video to look at particular details. I also left the raw audio format as is as well. Any feedback would be welcomed so that I can improve overall viewing quality.

Joe - many thanks for being my "excellent driver" again this year. :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOxBniEK1W8
Great job on the video, thanks for sharing. Looks like a great showing of Spyders too. :thumbup:

ricardoorozco
09-30-2011, 01:13 PM
So finally created my spyderlovers account, ricardoorozco, and I want to use my first post to thank all of you, and of course Joe for a great ride, Lety and I really enjoyed the ride and the company, we had to opportunity to meet great people and to ride in a fantastic weather, not a single drop of rain!, I was awesome.

I posted a few pics on facebook and I will get them in the gallery as well as soon as I can.

Thanks again to all of the Spyder group.

Ricardo Orozco
riorve@gmail.com

draboo
10-11-2011, 07:16 PM
*ahem*..Leave it to me to be almost 2 weeks late!

Yes, we did have a wonderful time. I completely forgot aboot meeting Flamingo's brother..AND the "hat flying" incident. Unfortunately,Kiddo had school that day, so she and Pat couldn't attend,but she did get to protect her RT from the wrath of Riot! :yikes:

Radthorne
10-11-2011, 09:00 PM
*ahem*..Leave it to me to be almost 2 weeks late!

Yes, we did have a wonderful time. I completely forgot aboot meeting Flamingo's brother..AND the "hat flying" incident. Unfortunately,Kiddo had school that day, so she and Pat couldn't attend,but she did get to protect her RT from the wrath of Riot! :yikes:

Kiddo is not a pooch to be trifled with... :D