PDA

View Full Version : Enabled Interest in London, England

G-Man
09-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Ryders;

I have met a man (Tim Jones) fron London England, who is paralyzed from the waist down.

He is interested in purchasing a Spyder and modifying it to suit his needs (floorboards, hand brake, wheelchair rack).

Would anyone be interested in contacting him and helping out with advice? I can provide his contact info if interested.

eddieshep999
09-24-2011, 01:11 PM
I suggest you pass on this link on to TIM This should help point him in the right direction

http://www.nabd.org.uk/

This is a Registered Charity NABD

National Association for Bikers with a Disability

They can even assist with Grants to get Bikes, Trikes adapted for all disabilities

As yet I have not seen A Spyder adapted - I am disabled (Left Leg only) So my Spyder RT -S SES 2010 Model did not need to be
modified

Since I've had my Spyder Dec 2010 I have covered over 3,000 miles having just come back from a trip to Germany from the UK

See my album Germany Trip 2011

If Tim wants to get in touch - No problems

Hope this is helpful

Eddie Sheppard
Reading UK

Spyder – RT-S SES (AUTO 2010 Model)

List of Mods :-
Added Zuno 660 -Garmin kit as supplied on the Spyder RT Limited
Digital Voltmeter and Digital Clock to replace Fuel and Temp gauge – Fuel and Temp now
displayed in Cluster Display
LED Bulbs Reversing Lights,Front position lights
HMT - Brake Light
LED – Running lights
LED - Mud Flap lights
Rear extended Mud Flap
Sport Tall Wide Clear Windshield
Utopia Backrest
S/S Grills both sides matching
Bottom Panel S/S Protection
S/S stronger Funk Lid brackets
S/S Bracket for RBNS Hood for Zumo 660 GPS + TourTech Lockable Mount
Rubber Tank protector on glove box
Grip Puppies
Power Socket in Switch Cluster and at Rear passenger Handrail
Rear Speaker Switch for passenger On/OFF
Upgraded Front Marine Speakers
Bluetooth On board Radio to Sena SMH10 Headsets

markjperry
09-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Ryders;

I have met a man (Tim Jones) fron London England, who is paralyzed from the waist down.

He is interested in purchasing a Spyder and modifying it to suit his needs (floorboards, hand brake, wheelchair rack).

Would anyone be interested in contacting him and helping out with advice? I can provide his contact info if interested.

Hi: My name is Mark Perry and last June I bought a 2011 RS SE-5 and modified it completely for a paraplegic. Some of the advice and info I got right here from other Spyder owners. I also worked with a machine shop that specializes in motorcycles to build a mount that easily and securely holds a folding wheelchair. My main WC is rigid frame but I thought it would be a better design to hold and take my folder with me to give me total independence. Please forward my email address to your friend and I will send pictures and suggestions to be considered. Please listen to all the advice that anyone will give you to formulate what you think works best for you. markjperry@comcast.net