PDA

View Full Version : cold weather again

SethO
09-22-2011, 11:24 PM
rode home in a balmy 36F tonight gave my winter gloves to a buddy who is going to New Mexico and only had my track gloves, man, 122 on the speedo is cold at that speed, just a sweat shirt and my Aerostich (made in AmeRICA). Just a quick 23 mile ride home but its winterish up here right now, never a dull moment and the deer are out.

C3517C
09-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Still over 100 degrees here in the day. Just took a night ride. 1130 pm, 92 degrees. Its almost riding season. :D

Bob Denman
09-23-2011, 06:44 AM
I prefer riding in the Autumn also. You get such a nice range of temperatures; from the 30s up to the 80s. :thumbup: I can always throw and extra layer of clothing on or drink more hot chocolate, but Summer just completely outdistances my abilities to deal with it... (Only 1 sweating speed and it ain't enough!:shocked:)

SpyderAnn01
09-23-2011, 07:14 AM
I've got to take my Spyder in for a service appointment this morning and it is only 45 but at least it isn't raining. Last Saturday we were on a group ride with HOG and a guy on an Ultra Classic hit a 8 point buck. He is scheduled for his second surgery today on his leg which was pretty mangled. That happened about 11:00 am so don't think they are only out at night.

Bob Denman
09-23-2011, 07:41 AM
An Ultra Classic is too-heavy of a caliber to try and use effectively on deer-sized game.
I hope that the guy will be okay...

MouthPiece
09-23-2011, 08:03 AM
rode home in a balmy 36F tonight gave my winter gloves to a buddy who is going to New Mexico and only had my track gloves, man, 122 on the speedo is cold at that speed, just a sweat shirt and my Aerostich (made in AmeRICA). Just a quick 23 mile ride home but its winterish up here right now, never a dull moment and the deer are out.

ROFLMAOPMP!!!! When you said "122 on the speedo", I thought you meant that you were doing 122 mph wearing a "speedo"(bathing suit that is). My thoughts were that's one helluva man wearing a speedo in that temperature.

Chris

NancysToy
09-23-2011, 08:09 AM
ROFLMAOPMP!!!! When you said "122 on the speedo", I thought you meant that you were doing 122 mph wearing a "speedo"(bathing suit that is). My thoughts were that's one helluva man wearing a speedo in that temperature.

Chris
Chris, you're beginning to worry me! :D

daveinva
09-23-2011, 08:21 AM
This thread vexes me, I'm terribly vexed.

http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/52/4.gif?12122006
T-Storms
High
72°F

Precip
90%

:gaah:

Bob Denman
09-23-2011, 09:55 AM

Chris

And why not???

flamingobabe
09-23-2011, 10:19 AM
woke up to 80 degrees....but it will reach low 90's today...we want a summer place in Michigan and stay in Texas for winter......

Bob Denman
09-23-2011, 10:22 AM
If you can stand a duplex, my Missus and I are just about looking for the same thing... :thumbup:

SethO
09-23-2011, 10:48 AM
it got down to 30 this morning and I a think the speedo outfit would be funny as hell, One of brothers wears one which the first time I thought was a joke and now not so much.

I agree this is the best time of year but there are deer out during the day, I have neighbors that feed them so they are on the roads (down from where I hit mine) Ann I hope you buddy gets better that hit that deer.

Off to make friends on the highway in between here and Mora, Gene should run into a few people that have seen the death machine on the way up/.

Bob Denman
09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
but there are deer out during the day, .

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_16.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_19.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_12.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif

groundeffect
09-23-2011, 11:08 AM

Hi, Seth!!

I'm further north, but we don't have any cold weather that is staying around, just YET. However, the early mornings, after the air had a chance to really cool off in the night, are chilly and we've had a frost warming last week. Close to the freezing point, but not the norm, YET. However, same as you, I have an extra layer with me all the time now, and my warm gloves close! Extra layers are on for the morning commutes, but off on the commute home. The mornings are usually 40F and afternoons about 55-60.

All the best and stay warm as the seasons starts to change Seth(and careful round those dear), and everyone! Ryde Safe!
Cheer from Newfoundland, my friend! :)
Dean