PDA

View Full Version : 600 Mile Check

ornerydog7
09-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Fast approaching 600 mile check up. Contacted the dealership and was quoted $335.00 plus tax, Hmmm, question to my fellow SpYder owners in Arkansas, is that the going rate? Please let me know if your dealership is charging less. Thank You and be safe out there.

ARtraveler
09-22-2011, 12:17 PM
That is the going rate for basic work. Dont let them do valve check at 12,000 miles--$800 to $1000 for that. Not needed.

Most fall between $275-$350 My last service (20,000) was $279.

ArkTerry
09-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I paid $234.87 (including tax) at FRS Powersports in Memphis on mine in July. I bought it there, so don't know if they might of discounted it to me or not?

retiredsquid
09-22-2011, 01:17 PM
I paid $252 at Bradford Marine in Springdale back in May for the 600 mile service.

Y Rider
09-22-2011, 01:21 PM
If you're not too far from Cowtown USA in Cuba, MO you may want to give them a call. They do quality service for a fair price.

GloryRyders
09-22-2011, 02:09 PM
If you're not too far from Cowtown USA in Cuba, MO you may want to give them a call. They do quality service for a fair price.

I agree with Y Rider.............you can probably get a better price at Cowtown if you are reasonably close to them.:2thumbs:

ornerydog7
09-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Well, as expected, great response and information to my question regarding price of the 600 mile service. Funny thing happened today, while out and about, the missues informs me that the dealership contacted her informing her that the $335.00 quote was not correct. The actual cost is $206.00 plus tax, now sounds much better. Thanks Spyderlovers !!!!

D&J's#2
09-23-2011, 08:22 PM
:ohyea: That's more reasonable.

suenmikez
02-25-2012, 09:45 PM
[
Hi, my wife and I purchased new 2012 RTS-SE5 in Kissimmee, Fl. two weeks ago. We live in Orlando and the quote from our dealer "Central Fla Power Sports" for this is $492.00 plus tax. We have a home in HSV and were planning on buying our Spyder when we retire, but we payed a visit to Bradford Marine to check out the prices. We did not care very much for the attitude there so we bought here in Florida. :yes: Guess repair rates are much better there!!

QUOTE=ornerydog7;375472] Well, as expected, great response and information to my question regarding price of the 600 mile service. Funny thing happened today, while out and about, the missues informs me that the dealership contacted her informing her that the $335.00 quote was not correct. The actual cost is $206.00 plus tax, now sounds much better. Thanks Spyderlovers !!!![/QUOTE]

suenmikez
02-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Hi there! My wife and I plan on retiring to the village asap, unfortuneatly the housing market here in Florida stinks! We already have a home in the village but for now we use it for vacations... The 600 mile checkup down here is $500.00 plus... Ouch!! :banghead:

Maybe we can get in touch when we are there, we will be there in April but not with our Spyder... Looking forward to traveling around the state parks once we move..

Mike Z

=ornerydog7;375359] Fast approaching 600 mile check up. Contacted the dealership and was quoted $335.00 plus tax, Hmmm, question to my fellow SpYder owners in Arkansas, is that the going rate? Please let me know if your dealership is charging less. Thank You and be safe out there.[/QUOTE]

CycleChamp
03-11-2012, 06:51 PM
After reading the Posts on this subject and even more on another on Spyderlovers, regarding the 600 mile "Break-in Inspection" I am wondering what seems to be wrong with the prices many Dealers are charging for that. I am aware that we owners need to have a Dealer do this, so as not to void our "Limited Warranty". but because of that, I feel many Dealers are taking advantage by ripping we owners off. Some Dealers are even asking for a "Inspection" or such at 300 miles! The Operator's Manual makes no mention of this. IMHO, in the short time I have owned my 2011 Spyder I seem to have discovered that I have joined an elite group of folks who don't have much worry about how much they spend. I'd like to show what the Operator's Guide shows for the 600 mile "Break-in Inspection"
For instance, Spark plugs – Inspect...

Drive Belt-Inspect & Adjust...

Front suspension arms – Inspect...
Parking Brake – Inspect...
Storage compartment latches, key barrels and hinges- Inspect
The "main" thing called for is an oil & oil filter change. Now that might take an hour, if the mechanic doesn't know what he is doing or is either taking his sweet time. There should not be over an hour for this. Add the "Super" price for the filter, etc. and in my mind that still comes far below the $300-$299+ prices every Dealer seems to be charging. I wonder if BRP knows and condones these charges?
Now, I realize that a couple of these things may need removal of some body panels, but if a mechanic knows the Spyder, that should just amount to a few minutes. If he doesn't know how those panels come off, then he is not a Spyder “certified” Service person.

It seems that the "Labor" charges are way out of line. Add to this the shortage of Dealerships in a lot of areas and it would seem that many Dealers are taking advantage of having a corner on the Market. Am I looking forward to my 600 mile date? No... I am dreading it!

suenmikez
03-12-2012, 06:26 PM
:banghead: Hi, I just had my 600 mile inspection @ Central Florida Power Sports, I paid $398.09! I asked for and got a price listing for future services, crazy as it may seem is the 3000 mile check up is almost exactly the same as the 600 mile. Only difference being "inspect plugs/wires and belt". Price for this is $313.09 but what choice do we have? Have to keep up the warranty so basiclly they have us by the "short hairs".. I also asked if BRP stipulates what gets done at every dealer and was told they follow all per BRP..So why the big $$$ difference! guess it could be the $80.00 per hour labor charge..

After reading the Posts on this subject and even more on another on Spyderlovers, regarding the 600 mile "Break-in Inspection" I am wondering what seems to be wrong with the prices many Dealers are charging for that. I am aware that we owners need to have a Dealer do this, so as not to void our "Limited Warranty". but because of that, I feel many Dealers are taking advantage by ripping we owners off. Some Dealers are even asking for a "Inspection" or such at 300 miles! The Operator's Manual makes no mention of this. IMHO, in the short time I have owned my 2011 Spyder I seem to have discovered that I have joined an elite group of folks who don't have much worry about how much they spend. I'd like to show what the Operator's Guide shows for the 600 mile "Break-in Inspection"
For instance, Spark plugs – Inspect...

Drive Belt-Inspect & Adjust...

Front suspension arms – Inspect...
Parking Brake – Inspect...
Storage compartment latches, key barrels and hinges- Inspect
The "main" thing called for is an oil & oil filter change. Now that might take an hour, if the mechanic doesn't know what he is doing or is either taking his sweet time. There should not be over an hour for this. Add the "Super" price for the filter, etc. and in my mind that still comes far below the $300-$299+ prices every Dealer seems to be charging. I wonder if BRP knows and condones these charges?
Now, I realize that a couple of these things may need removal of some body panels, but if a mechanic knows the Spyder, that should just amount to a few minutes. If he doesn't know how those panels come off, then he is not a Spyder “certified” Service person.

It seems that the "Labor" charges are way out of line. Add to this the shortage of Dealerships in a lot of areas and it would seem that many Dealers are taking advantage of having a corner on the Market. Am I looking forward to my 600 mile date? No... I am dreading it!

dave01
03-12-2012, 08:34 PM
The maintenance prices are asinine. I realize dealers have to make a profit but .......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

CJ/johnnyg
03-13-2012, 05:54 AM
:banghead: Hi, I just had my 600 mile inspection @ Central Florida Power Sports, I paid $398.09! I asked for and got a price listing for future services, crazy as it may seem is the 3000 mile check up is almost exactly the same as the 600 mile. Only difference being "inspect plugs/wires and belt". Price for this is $313.09 but what choice do we have? Have to keep up the warranty so basiclly they have us by the "short hairs".. I also asked if BRP stipulates what gets done at every dealer and was told they follow all per BRP..So why the big $$$ difference! guess it could be the $80.00 per hour labor charge..

We bought our spyders at Ocala Ridenow Powersports gave us an option for a service maintance plan for $1500 and this includes 6 services. and it is well worth the money. You might want to check with them if they will start that with you. I know their 12,000 check is about $1100 without the plan. So figure it out if you average it out you are only paying $250 for each service. The first service is 600 then the remaining 5 services are at 3000 miles intervals, Hope this helps

smporter420
04-08-2012, 07:00 PM
I just took my RSS in for 600 mi check. they estimated $350, what exactly do they do at 600 mi checkup?

Sarge707
04-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I just took my RSS in for 600 mi check. they estimated $350, what exactly do they do at 600 mi checkup?

Not really anything YOU could not do for the price of Filters and oil- About $70? And a little of your time!nojoke