PDA

View Full Version : Picking up my 2011 RT SM5 on Wednesday...

Wanderer
09-18-2011, 07:42 PM
What recall/ tech bulletins do I need to be certain that the dealer has completed? So far I have found the Reverse recall for the SM5, the grommets on the oil cover, throttle body re-flash, brake pedal pulley spring replacement, .... anything else???

The dealer is 75 miles away so I want any known problems corrected before I pick it up or have it done at the 600 mi. service.

He had a 2011 RTS and the RT.... I really liked the "goodies" on the RTS but I did not need them all and for a difference of $5,000 I can add the Fog lights, radio and rear speakers and iPod connection, rear hand grip warmers, and a little chrome bling and save $$$$ ;)..

He also had a 2010 RS SM5 with ~20 miles on it; red/black; floorboards; heal/toe shifter; over sized windshield; lift blocks for the handlebar; Corbin seat w/backrest; I'm not sure what else but he was asking around $15,000 for it. It was tempting but the RT has a better ride position for my old body and my wife would feel safer with the RT's backrest. An elderly (i.e. older than me :roflblack:) gentleman bought the RS to have a little fun during time away from his Alzheimer afflicted wife but discovered health problems of his own....he never really rode it. His experience was what really tipped the scale in favor of my buying a :spyder:. Life is too short to not
have some fun.

Thank you in advance for you answers. I've learned a lot here.

Greg

NancysToy
09-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Looks like you have them with 2011-7, 8, & 9. (#8 is the grommets and is included on the #7 bulletin.) The reverse recall will probably not affect you, it only applied to a handful of very early 2011 RTs. Also be sure that the rear suspension works properly and does not revert to manual when you push the button. On some 2011s the high and low limits were programmed the same. I'm sorry, I forget the number of that service bulletin...maybe 2011-3? Some dealers do not perform the service bulletins until the 600 mile service, but the throttle body update can prevent damage to the throttle body, and should be performed ASAP.

Wanderer
09-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks Scotty. I thought I had them all but was not sure.

Mine is not a RTS so no auto rear suspension. I suspected that the re-flash for the throttle body needed to be done before I picked it up. Thanks for the confirmation.

CAN'T WAIT:yes:

Greg