PDA

View Full Version : Spyderfest 2012

Blue Star
09-12-2011, 09:53 PM
How many of us Californians are going to Spyderfest 2012, what date are you leaving, returning, and what part of Calif are you from? Maybe we can get a (large) group ryde together there.

1: Southern Ca. (Redlands), leaving to get there on 4/22, but not set on when I will come home. Trip canceled for me.

SpyderGirl
10-11-2011, 10:34 PM
A group of SRA San Francisco and San Diego folks are making plans to attend Spyderfest 2012. :)

Blue Star
10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
A group of SRA San Francisco and San Diego folks are making plans to attend Spyderfest 2012. :)

I will be ryding with with Desert Spyder, and probably the San Diego SRA chapter too. It should be fun ryding with a large group. Looking forward to meeting all you CA ryders.

Pincushion
11-15-2011, 06:18 PM
My wife and I will be there, made reservations and requested the time off!
We will be sure to bring several people from California with us too....

SpydherLuv
11-22-2011, 03:58 PM
I would love to go and can find out how many of my members are interested in going. How long does it take to get there? I also heard that most hotels were sold out, but I have no clue where the nearest town is, so right now my plans are up in the air.

Blue Star
11-22-2011, 10:23 PM
I would love to go and can find out how many of my members are interested in going. How long does it take to get there? I also heard that most hotels were sold out, but I have no clue where the nearest town is, so right now my plans are up in the air.

According to Map Quest it takes 24.5 hours from Redlands CA, and it is a bit over 1700 miles. Sadly, I won't be able to go. My cage needs a major engine repair, so I won't be able to go. I have a room reserved in St. James for April 24 to April 28 if anyone is interested before I cancel it.

Desert Spyder
11-23-2011, 07:34 PM
According to Map Quest it takes 24.5 hours from Redlands CA, and it is a bit over 1700 miles. Sadly, I won't be able to go. My cage needs a major engine repair, so I won't be able to go. I have a room reserved in St. James for April 24 to April 28 if anyone is interested before I cancel it.

What? Spyderfest w/o my buddy? I understand.

Blue Star
11-23-2011, 07:50 PM
What? Spyderfest w/o my buddy? I understand.

While the decision took me along time (a month) it did make my wife happy since her birthday is on the 14th. The good news is I can now make it to SITR in August instead :yes:

Desert Spyder
11-23-2011, 07:56 PM
While the decision took me along time (a month) it did make my wife happy since her birthday is on the 14th. The good news is I can now make it to SITR in August instead :yes:

Now ya talkin!

SpyderGirl
11-24-2011, 03:26 AM

I'm interested. Details? Send me an e-mail at spydergirl47@gmail.com

SpyderGirl
11-24-2011, 03:27 AM

Great news!!! We'll look forward to seeing you there! :)

SpyderGirl
11-24-2011, 03:28 AM

Anita, a small group of us from the SF chapter will be heading out.... at least 5 or 6 of us. I also know another couple I met in Lodi from your chapter said that they are going.

SpyderGirl
11-24-2011, 03:30 AM
My wife and I will be there, made reservations and requested the time off!
We will be sure to bring several people from California with us too....

George, I am hoping that we can meet up with your group in Kingman. We'll be riding from here to Kingman on Day 1... no further.

rogerb
11-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Sounds like California will be well represented in 2012. :thumbup:

Blue Star
11-24-2011, 11:54 AM

Now ya talkin!

To be honest. I would rather go to SITR as my first long distance trip on my spyder anyway. Maybe by then I will be able to get my wife to ryde with me, as she won't ryde in the cold.

stevedfive
11-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Same here, I think I will make STIR my first long distance trip.

joet82
12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
I plan on being there. I plan on meeting up with Katlyn and the rest of SRA between Albequerque, NM, and Amarillo, TX. Haven't decided how far I want to push it yet. Maybe even meeting up with the Conroe, Houston and Denver Chapters along the way. The greatest site would be to have SRA, who was represented by just 5 people at last years rally, roll in with 7 different chapters JUST on the west coast. That's if we can get the Columbia River Chapter to roll with us on the Southern route as well.

SpyderGirl
12-02-2011, 02:19 AM
It's gonna be awesome!! Which reminds me, I need to get my reservations made for our stay. Looking forward to it.

I plan on being there. I plan on meeting up with Katlyn and the rest of SRA between Albequerque, NM, and Amarillo, TX. Haven't decided how far I want to push it yet. Maybe even meeting up with the Conroe, Houston and Denver Chapters along the way. The greatest site would be to have SRA, who was represented by just 5 people at last years rally, roll in with 7 different chapters JUST on the west coast. That's if we can get the Columbia River Chapter to roll with us on the Southern route as well.

2 Stricklands
12-26-2011, 06:49 PM
We are from South West Virginia and plan to go through Charleston, WV in order to attend. If there is anyone from Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia who want to join this cross country trip. Contact us and we will arrange communication and a meeting place.:yes:

joet82
02-18-2012, 03:22 PM
I went ahead last night and made ALL my reservations for all my stops. I know, a no-no according to Fred Rau, but it's better, imo, to have my money already set aside for hotels. Best Western will definitly be making money off of me on this trip as every stop except 1 will be at a BW.

On the way, I will be taking on the Saddlesore 1000 between San Diego and Amarillo, stoping in at Tulsa for my second stop, and Rolla for SpyderFest.

On the return, Salina, KS, Denver and Durango, CO, and Flagstaff, AZ. Taking on the HAM (High Altitude Member) Patch (minimum of 5 passes over 10,000 feet in a calendar year - I'm doing 6 in 1 day). As well as the Million Dollar Hwy and the Moki Dugway, which were both featured on Discovery Channel's Death Roads.

I'll also have my GoPro with me, hopefully able to cover at least 75% of the trip. :D I have 3 batteries, and a seperate charger, I will just need to get a couple extra memroy cards, just incase. I will DEFINITLY have it on the Million Dollar Hwy, the HAM Patch Challenge, and the Moki Dugway.

I CAN'T WAIT!:yes: