PDA

View Full Version : Rear wheel bearings

J W Miller
09-11-2011, 07:18 PM
I have noticed a vibartion on our 2010 RTS with 5200 miles. Checked out bike today and found a slight wobble in rear pulley with bike off the ground. When running in 1st gear on jack stands there is a horrible sound from rear wheel bearing. Hope my RPM- insurance (Ex-warranty) will pick up towing or maybe Progressive might to. Have to check on this. Its 25 miles to dealer and I am not comfortable riding it that far. Because of pulley and wheel wobble drive belt was just touching the pulley flanges front and back. Lucky for me bike still under BP warrranty. This was a dealer demo bike S no. 00189

boborgera
09-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I have noticed a vibartion on our 2010 RTS with 5200 miles. Checked out bike today and found a slight wobble in rear pulley with bike off the ground. When running in 1st gear on jack stands there is a horrible sound from rear wheel bearing. Hope my RPM- insurance (Ex-warranty) will pick up towing or maybe Progressive might to. Have to check on this. Its 25 miles to dealer and I am not comfortable riding it that far. Because of pulley and wheel wobble drive belt was just touching the pulley flanges front and back. Lucky for me bike still under BP warrranty. This was a dealer demo bike S no. 00189

The factory BRP warranty should cover the bearings, Especially with only 52 hundred miles And yes trailer [have it towed] it to the dealer.