PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend!! or My butt is sore

bruiser
09-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Over 500 miles put on the :spyder2: yesterday and today. Yesterday we did a ride to raise funds for the local USO. There were well over 150 bikes of all makes, even a Ural. We left Ray Price HD in Raleigh NC, went to the Harnett County Veterans Park were a wreath was laid for those from the county who gave all in the war on terror. Then returned to the dealer for BBQ and entertainment. A circuitous ride on some of the prettiest roads in Eastern NC. I must say that this was the best organized ride I've been on. There was law enforcement at most intersections and when they weren't there were road captains blocking. In all I think there were 10 captains. There was a comm bike in front, in the middle and at the rear. Unfortunately there was one mishap. One rider went down and was transported to the hospital with non life threatening injuries. All in all a great day for a great cause. I don't know how much money was raised, but I'm sure it was well into the thousands.

Today was the 91.1 mile ride for the Hope for the Warriors. Although not near as many rode this year as last, it was still a beautiful day for a ride for a great cause. But now blue :spyder2: needs to catch her breath, and my butt needs a rest (ouch). Hope everyone had a great weekend on the the 10th anniversary of "the day the angels cried".

GloryRyders
09-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Sounds like a good ryde for several good causes :2thumbs:.