PDA

View Full Version : Redneck Weekend !!!

arntufun
09-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Holly and I spent the weekend Spyder camping near Lake George (home of Americade) and the campground was a Nascar themed campground. Both races were broadcast live on a huge screen in the middle of campground and everyone attended. People were going crazy rooting for thier favorite driver. What a good time we had with these folks. They were very friendly and welcomed us with open arms. The Spyder was a huge hit with them. We rode our Spyder around the campground like others do on a golf cart. :roflblack:

While we were there we saw a bunch of classic cars and hot rods. I asked one of them why they there were so many here and he said this was the Americade gathering for cars. (I forgot the actual name of the event.) WOW was he right !!! :yikes: We went into Lake George on the Spyder and saw thousands of classic and hot rod cars. Can anyone guess what all these cars are ??? I know I couldn't. Some of these cars were made before I was born. Maybe Bob Denman could name them all. Photos below. :thumbup:

http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z418/Arntufun/Redneck Weekend/?start=all

CyncySpyder
09-11-2011, 06:54 PM
& there you go again, cap'n on Bob :lecturef_smilie:

Will you ever learn :dontknow:

j/k keep it up, its good entertainment, so says Teddy :roflblack:

mowin
09-11-2011, 09:16 PM
many of those were made b4 i was born(64), but i can name most of um... some of those customes were awesome:thumbup::thumbup: thanks 4 postin

ARtraveler
09-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Very nice pictures. I like classic cars a lot. I really liked the car with the rumble seat and the chopped down Merc. No Nash's, Hudsons, Packards, Studebakers, or DeSoto's?

If anyone is going through South Dakota, the Motor Museum at Murdo S. D. (on the freeway about 60 miles East of the Badlands) is an interesting place. Lots of cars and motorcycles--every flavor.

Bob Denman
09-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Had you CALLED me I woulda come North to drool over all of those beauties with you... :gaah: Nice pictures of some very nice iron! :2thumbs:
...And it was a good race too!