PDA

View Full Version : Biker Parade Honoring the 39th and Festival in Arkansas - September 24

FaranH
09-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Hey, MOGANG! SteveMac (while he's not out destroying defenseless helmets) suggested I post this in case any of you south Missouri SpyderLovers might want to make a trip to Arkansas for a good cause (any excuse to ryde, right?!)

On Saturday, September 24 there is an all-day event called the Foster Friends Festival (http://www.fosterfriendsfestival.com) being sponsored by a group I'm a part of (Bikers 4 Foster Kids) to raise awareness of the needs of foster kids.

The day starts off at 9:30am with a parade routing through Searcy, Arkansas starting at the National Guard Armory (http://g.co/maps/eb77w) on Main Street and then ending up at the Searcy Event Center (http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=1209+Queensway+Searcy,+AR+72143&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x87d3a9af93246b79:0xe5889d72ede13ffb,1209+Q ueensway+St,+Searcy,+AR+72143&gl=us&ei=WVlWTt-BDMzgsQLR8qWXDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA). We'll then have a flag raising and tribute to the 39th Brigade, who are being re-deployed. There's also a Car and Bike Show, Poker Run, kids activities, live bands, and FREE BBQ and with the fixin's :thumbup:

More information on the parade and bike activities can be found at www.fosterfriendsfestival.com (http://www.fosterfriendsfestival.com/Car___Biker_Activities.html).

You could either hang out with us for a while or make a run to Drasco or Heber Springs, both nice rides on a what we hope is a beautiful September day.

I won't get to take part in any rides other than the parade because I'm helping project manage the event. But we're hoping to have at least 150 bikes and I'd love a good showing of Spyders! :ohyea:

Check out the website and let me know if you can be there!

Faran

SteveMac
09-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Interesting Faran!
I told you my mom grew up in that area. We took care of her the last few years of her life, and I'd like to make a pilgrimage down that way in memory of her. Been a long time since I have been down there, but that is close to Clinton AR?

Also Wolverton Mountain (from the song by the same name) is pretty close by I think?

And for anyone interested, the overlook views in the Mountain Home area are breathtaking.

Faran, are any of the crew you brought to Poplar Bluff going to be there?

I'll see What the schedule allows,,,
See ya!

FaranH
09-12-2011, 08:50 AM
It would make for a full day (and maybe even worthy of an overnight stay if you really wanted to see the area). Clinton is on Hwy 65 about 60 miles (sweepers, 2-lane hwy) northwest of Searcy. From Clinton you could continue NW to Mt. Home or head back to the NE through Mt. View-Hardy, AR and back to SE MO. Either direction there are some beautiful roads!

Wolverton Mt is I think by Morrilton, AR which is about 70 miles W/SW of Searcy. It's actually Woolverton and is supposed to be the mountain in the song, even though it's not by Clinton, AR. (Thank you, Google!)

Hope to see you guys!

Interesting Faran!
I told you my mom grew up in that area. We took care of her the last few years of her life, and I'd like to make a pilgrimage down that way in memory of her. Been a long time since I have been down there, but that is close to Clinton AR?

Also Wolverton Mountain (from the song by the same name) is pretty close by I think?

And for anyone interested, the overlook views in the Mountain Home area are breathtaking.

I'll see What the schedule allows,,,
See ya!

Lamonster
09-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Looks like a great reason to go for a putt and help some kids at the same time :doorag::thumbup:

SteveMac
09-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Faran
Are any of the crew that came to Poplar Bluff gonna be there with you? They were really some great folks!

GloryRyders
09-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Sounds like a great time but unfortunately Linda and I have a prior committment :(..............maybe some other time.....sorry!

pitbull
09-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Fran, we can trade, we will cone and play with you if you come and play with us on the October ride to Branson mo.....lol be a good trade. Either way great event you posted!

FaranH
09-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Faran
Are any of the crew that came to Poplar Bluff gonna be there with you? They were really some great folks!

Yep - they should all be there and then some more. They are great folks and we loved meeting you guys!

FaranH
09-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Fran, we can trade, we will cone and play with you if you come and play with us on the October ride to Branson mo.....lol be a good trade. Either way great event you posted!

I would love to come to the Branson ride in October. My challenge is that would make 3 weekends in a row with major events I'm hauling my kids to or farming them off on grandparents. I'll have to seriously sweet talk my husband ;). Not counting it out completely, but just not sure I can pull it off. I'll keep you posted. Let me know if you're able to head south on the 24th!