PDA

View Full Version : Red Corbin Seat

paintedlady
09-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I have a black 2010 RTs, and the threads are breaking on the seat. I would like to get a Corbin, How do ya'll think a red one, and red back rest would look??? Also my right grip is wearing through and you can see the sliver through it, should this happen at 6800 miles???:f_spider:

SDM
09-10-2011, 04:43 PM
That would look very snazzy!!!:clap::clap:

Lamonster
09-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Can't really picture a red seat in my mind but if you like it that's all that matters. :thumbup:

No your grip should not wear out that fast unless you have hands like sandpaper. ;)

retiredsquid
09-10-2011, 05:11 PM
I have a black 2010 RTs, and the threads are breaking on the seat. I would like to get a Corbin, How do ya'll think a red one, and red back rest would look??? Also my right grip is wearing through and you can see the sliver through it, should this happen at 6800 miles???:f_spider:

Give the folks at Corbin a call and talk about your options. Be sure to have them use a spyder web pattern on the sewing. They can do about anything you want and you can personalize it. We absolutely love our Corbin seat, back rest and arm rests. I just wish I had spoken directly with them and customized ours a bit more than just the black spyder web threading.

Bob Denman
09-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Red on black... :thumbup: That could be made to work very well... PLease let us know what you decide to get! :2thumbs:

SteveMac
09-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Red on black... :thumbup: That could be made to work very well... PLease let us know what you decide to get! :2thumbs:

Yes. Let us know and post pics! I love my Corbin. Good luck on your choice!

Bob, when are you gonna pull some cash out of the mattress and order a Corbin for that blue RT?

CyncySpyder
09-10-2011, 09:33 PM
:2thumbs:Teddy thinks Red on Black really stands out & looks good:2thumbs:

johnnyg
09-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Personally, I would say no, That being said I would think that all you would see is the red seat and not the pretty black :spyder2: But its your ride and everyone has there own opinion if that is what you like you should go for it. Look at the new RT pictures and the brown RT It has a light brown seat and you see that before you see the :spyder2: This is what I'm talking about. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1516&pictureid=16712

MouthPiece
09-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Personally, I would say no, That being said I would think that all you would see is the red seat and not the pretty black :spyder2: But its your ride and everyone has there own opinion if that is what you like you should go for it. Look at the new RT pictures and the brown RT It has a light brown seat and you see that before you see the :spyder2: This is what I'm talking about. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1516&pictureid=16712

John, you're absolutely right unless you're a Georgia Bulldog fan. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Go Gators!!!!!!!!!

Chris

TicketBait
09-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I think it would look awesome,sorry I don't have a better picture, jackets and helmets are covering his up. Looked great in person, think it would even look better on a black bike.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER RTS/P1050640-1.jpg

Bob Denman
09-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Bob, when are you gonna pull some cash out of the mattress and order a Corbin for that blue RT?

:opps: I'm working on it as best I can... I might have to sell a couple of firearms to pull the deal off! :yikes:
I AM seriously unsure as to what I'd want for a color scheme... Some part of me keeps looking at a Blue seat with red welting on the seams, and then I just get all dreamy-eyed and forget what I was thinking about...:shocked:
...And then the backrest issue rears its head again...

napper39
09-11-2011, 10:54 AM
i love the way that white rt looks and the seat is sure a stand out.so do the red and black itl look grate,then when you sell the rt to me ill be happy.:thumbup:;)

ARtraveler
09-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Corbin is an excellant choice for an aftermarket seat. I think you will find it an improvement on the stock seat. All red might be a little overkill on the black--but that two-tone red/grey might really look great with the black. I would suggest a darker grey than shown.

Very hard decision. Do they have a computer program that would let you see what that combo would look like?

You wont be disappointed in a Corbin--I have over 40,000 Corbin seat miles now. 350 more this weekend.

Oldmanzues
09-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Another idea. Take a digitial print of the bike, then use photo shop or even paint program on the computer to check it out. Paint program may not givce a real nice photo ( blurs, oprm dpots or whatever, but give a good idea.
I have not seen that light brown seat in person, but does have the look, i want in the photos.

paintedlady
09-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Another idea. Take a digitial print of the bike, then use photo shop or even paint program on the computer to check it out. Paint program may not givce a real nice photo ( blurs, oprm dpots or whatever, but give a good idea.
I have not seen that light brown seat in person, but does have the look, i want in the photos.
Good idea, Im gonna try it..... tks

paintedlady
09-12-2011, 07:02 PM
That would look very snazzy!!!:clap::clap: I have taken a picture of my bike, colored the seat and I have decided that the red seat with the black spider stitching would look great!!! ;)

FrankPa
09-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Now that looks cool...

As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are."

SpyderDen
09-13-2011, 07:23 PM
:roflblack::agree::shemademe_smilie::roflblack:
Now that looks cool...

As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are."