PDA

View Full Version : Scala Q2 multiset pro headset

ijon1
09-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Is this headset reliable? On my trip with my son, there was times I could have used something like this.

Firefly
09-10-2011, 09:40 AM
I'd take a look at the Sena SMH10 units-----

wyliec
09-10-2011, 01:41 PM
If you can get a good price on it since the Scala G4 is out, I'd go for it. The only problem I had with Q2 was cleared up by using an eraser on the contacts. I've had mine for 3 riding seasons. That being said, when my Q2's crap out, I'll probably go with SENA.

fastfraser
09-10-2011, 01:44 PM
I've had the Scala Q2 and G4 both work well as long as they don't get to wet .

ARtraveler
09-10-2011, 01:45 PM
This is my brand of choice. I have used them the last couple years. Allows for helmet to helmet communication up to 3 1/2 blocks away--straight line. Also has am/fm radio which I do not use. I can get in a full day of riding without a re-charge.

jvicker
09-10-2011, 02:56 PM
I have it and love it. Helmet to helmet sound is excellent. I have a ipod shuffle attached to the inside of my full face helmet and sounds really good. Phone calls are perfect. Well, with my blackberry is was perfect. My lg ok. The sound quality is the same, it's the volume of the sound prompts and the phones ability to understand my voice that went south with the current phone. i am only able to get one radio station. Which sucks when the ipod dies or I want to listen to a game. Don't have a bluetooth gps so I can't help there. Can't beat the price. Hope this helps.

kytten
09-10-2011, 03:39 PM
I have a Scala and it's been very good. I occasionally have problems with it not connecting properly to my phone, but no telling if that's the phone or the Scala. It charges pretty quickly and lasts a long time as long as you turn it off when not in use.

Jesse
09-10-2011, 04:04 PM
I just purchased a Sena and it works great, very good sound quality, easy to use and very clear on both end of a phone call with Iphone 4. Also loud enough for good music quality from Iphone.

mowin
09-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I got my Q2 pro's about a month ago..Love em. Fm radio works great if within 20 miles or so of the station.
Wife doesnt have to slap the back of my helmet to tell me to slow down now...

Dtryke
09-10-2011, 05:04 PM
May be thats a good enough reason NOT to have helmet to helmet communication!!

Firefly
09-10-2011, 08:25 PM
I had Scala -- -now have Sena. No comparison-- Sena just works better. Pairing is simple and stays- programming is easy--- and the various options for mounting, earbuds, speakers, mics, etc... are awesome.

WackyDan
09-10-2011, 10:10 PM
I had Scala -- -now have Sena. No comparison-- Sena just works better. Pairing is simple and stays- programming is easy--- and the various options for mounting, earbuds, speakers, mics, etc... are awesome.

Ditto - Even the SENA standard mount is louder than the Scala... and if you want to wear plugs at that same time, the Sena will be better. I have the ear bud mount and love it.

MrBill1963
09-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Big +1 for the Sena SMH 10