PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Rememberance ride from Athens to Hiawassee Trout Farm Resort

GASpyderLady
09-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Just FYI
There is a ride from Athens, Ga to Hiawassee Trout Farm on Sunday 9 11 == lunch is sponsored by the dealership from what I can tell. In the past is has been pork barbeque and hotdogs.
I am going with a group of two wheelers. Would love a Spyder or two to join us.

If the link below does not work google cycleworld of athens and it is on their main page. Reg at 9 am with kickstands up at 11 am -- I don't have a kickstand???

http://cdn-8.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/cycleworldathens/RTR2011570.jpg

Hawk
09-12-2011, 05:08 PM
How was the ride? We thought about trying to make it. We were just too exhausted. We got back from a 2200 mile trip on Sat night.

GASpyderLady
09-12-2011, 09:30 PM
How was the ride? We thought about trying to make it. We were just too exhausted. We got back from a 2200 mile trip on Sat night.

This is from a note I sent to a friend who rides - in New Orleans...

Sept 11 2011. Wonder and meaningful riding day. Went on a group ride - 700+ bikes, to remember those who lost their lives 10 years ago. My riding group had eight bikes participate. All along the 100 mile ride out, cars everywhere pulled over to wave, salute and remember. It must have taken 15 to 20 minutes for the group to pass - even with the blocked streets for the first 50 miles.

Did my first set of twisted turns. My Harley buddy's were impressed with the newbie. On a couple of them I was wondering what the hexx I was doing there......
70 MPH down the main highway was scarier!
I am beat.....will send a couple of other photos...
Corey, you are right - it is a Love Affair like no other.

My Spyder and the 'others' -- somehow all the Harley's look alike....

Ok, someone have a suggestion on how to save photos so that they are small enough to post? What is the max size they can be?

file:///C:/Users/DellM6500/Downloads/My spyder and the others sm.gif