PDA

View Full Version : Lake Superior senic ride

ijon1
09-09-2011, 02:00 PM
I just finished the second half of the Lake Superior senic ride. I rode with my son and a coworker of his. Started in Gaines rode to Canada, Mn, Wi, and back home. 2000 thousand miles. One day of some mist, the rest beauiful weather. Love the Spyder. All is well in the universe.

ARtraveler
09-09-2011, 02:04 PM
That is truly a beautiful ride. I completed the Circle Tour one time--but had lots of Lake Superior time. I had the pleasure of living on the North Shore Drive of Lake Superior for a couple years (French River). Also lived on Chequemegon Bay, in Ashland WI for 4 years. Your posting brings back the sights, sounds, and memories of days gone by.

ijon1
09-09-2011, 07:58 PM
That is truly a beautiful ride. I completed the Circle Tour one time--but had lots of Lake Superior time. I had the pleasure of living on the North Shore Drive of Lake Superior for a couple years (French River). Also lived on Chequemegon Bay, in Ashland WI for 4 years. Your posting brings back the sights, sounds, and memories of days gone by.Thank-you.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-09-2011, 08:03 PM
That is truly a beautiful ride. I completed the Circle Tour one time--but had lots of Lake Superior time. I had the pleasure of living on the North Shore Drive of Lake Superior for a couple years (French River). Also lived on Chequemegon Bay, in Ashland WI for 4 years. Your posting brings back the sights, sounds, and memories of days gone by.

Maybe you should come on up for our Fall Color Ride on September 24!!! We're planning on driving thru J.Cooke State Park on Hwy 210!
--Paula

ARtraveler
09-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Really wish I could come back. When I lived in West Duluth, I used to drive through Jay Cooke Park about 3 times a week. Those were the days of my 1984 Yamaha Venture. I liked it a lot driving just about dusk when the deer were out in large numbers. Fall of course, was my favorite season.

DocRags
09-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Sounds like a great ride. :thumbup: Erags and I will have to try it sometime...maybe next summer? We're waiting to see where Owner's Event will be to plan our next long trip.