PDA

View Full Version : Naked Spyder

spyder-dude
09-09-2011, 11:50 AM
This is from my buddy who got into an accident when at the Spyders in the Adirondacks. He ended getting passed by a truck that was towing a boat and then all of a sudden the guy swirved over into his lane and almost took him out...well then in the middle of the road was a big boulder. He hit it straight on as he couldnt go to the right because of a big mountain....and oncoming traffic to the left. He drove it hope to VA after inspecting and didnt see any damage. Found out the frame was bent. It is going to be a 55 hour job for his dealer to replace....not good. Hopefully the spyder will still run when it is done.

retiredsquid
09-09-2011, 12:41 PM
The Spyder can be replaced. Your buddy can't. Glad he was not hurt.

ARtraveler
09-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Glad the outcome was all right. The :spyder2: can be fixed or replaced.

Firefly
09-09-2011, 01:29 PM
This is from my buddy who got into an accident when at the Spyders in the Adirondacks. He ended getting passed by a truck that was towing a boat and then all of a sudden the guy swirved over into his lane and almost took him out...well then in the middle of the road was a big boulder. He hit it straight on as he couldnt go to the right because of a big mountain....and oncoming traffic to the left. He drove it hope to VA after inspecting and didnt see any damage. Found out the frame was bent. It is going to be a 55 hour job for his dealer to replace....not good. Hopefully the spyder will still run when it is done.

Looks like the Amish version of a Spyder..... :roflblack:

kentuckyguy
09-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Glad your buddy is ok..

I would hate to be the one that had to put it all back together......

Lamonster
09-09-2011, 04:03 PM
:yikes:
Glad he's okay.

Firefly
09-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Glad your buddy is ok..

I would hate to be the one that had to put it all back together......

I for one would LOVE to put her back together...... :thumbup:

Yazz
09-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Glad your buddy is all right.

On another note...

Thats the neckedest Spyder I ever done seen. :shocked:

vampyregirl
09-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Looks like the Amish version of a Spyder..... :roflblack:

I think it's the Flinstone's version!!! :roflblack:

Glad your friend is alright!!

effgjamis
09-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Glad your buddy is all right.

On another note...

Thats the neckedest Spyder I ever done seen. :shocked:

Ya mean that you don't look at your pic's of you and the spyder ??????:roflblack::popcorn:

Bob Denman
09-10-2011, 07:48 AM
:shocked: Nekkid Spyders! WOO-HOO! Too bad that the resason for the nekkidness stinks... It should have been for some awesome engine/ transmission build-up! :thumbup:
Glad that your buddy is okay too!

3whlLefty
09-10-2011, 01:03 PM
This might be the first case of trying to straighten a frame. I'll be very curious to hear if it gets done successfully. I'd think that the Spyder might not tolerate any variation in the frame alignment. :popcorn:

spyder-dude
09-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the comments about my friend being safe.

They are replacing the frame....not straightening it.

Bob Denman
09-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I've seen some Outlanders and Renegades that use the same "SST" frame design after they've met with trees... :shocked: Not very pretty! I'd prefer a boxed frame for better strength and toughness... :thumbup:

SpydeRider2010
09-10-2011, 05:50 PM
good outcome for your buddy. replace the trike, and ride

DocRags
09-10-2011, 07:22 PM
good outcome for your buddy. replace the trike, and ride:agree: Glad to hear he's OK after his accident. :yikes:Surprised his insurance didn't just replace the :spyder2:.

Donzo
09-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Curious, did the guy that cut him off stop? Is his insurance taking care of this - or your buddies?

spyder-dude
09-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Curious, did the guy that cut him off stop? Is his insurance taking care of this - or your buddies?

The guy that cut him off never stopped....so his own insurance is covering it which means his insurance is going to be raised probably. I thought they would replace it but I guess the repairs are like $10-12k which is less than buying a new spyder. I sure hope it is alright once done.

Bob Denman
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Well that sure stinks! :gaah: Each State has their own method of handling accidents where the participant who causes the fracas leaves the scene... At least here in new York; if the accident is reported to the Police as a "Hit and Run" within 24 hours of the occurance, then the insurance company is not allowed to assign any points or raise the rates as if it were a chargeable accident...