PDA

View Full Version : Central Arkansas Spyder Rides

Chuckster
09-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I am new to the Spyderlovers.com web site so this may be an over kill. However, I have read where a lot of riders are looking for rides and activities to be able to enjoy their Spyders as well as enjoy the camaraderie of other Spyder riders. With that in mind, I am having a ride on September 17, 2011. The details are below. Also, if anyone else is having an activity, please post it on this thread. Here are the ride details.

What: Central Arkansas Spyder Ride

When: Saturday, September 17, 2011

Where: Leaving from Bradford Marine in North Little Rock at 10 AM

Additional information:

1. Arrive at Bradford Marine anytime after 9 AM and enjoy coffee and donuts and visit with other Spyder riders.
2. Ride will leave promptly at 10 AM. We will ride the back country roads of Central Arkansas. We will stop for lunch around noon. Will ride a couple of hours after lunch and then call it a day.
3. Spread the word. Invite your friends that are Spyder riders.

Bradford Marine address:
8020 Landers Road
North Little Rock, AR 72117
(501) 833-2628

Need additional information:

Chuck Ramsey
501-804-0639
chuckramsey67@gmail.com

Hope to see you there.

Tiny1
09-08-2011, 12:38 PM
:welcome:

Farmboy
09-08-2011, 02:41 PM
I saw this on an other post, I would like to go. I will stay posted. Hay bike rally in hot springs this weekend, Il be there Saturday riding around, have a drink, eat... Hoping to see a few spyders there.

ArkTerry
09-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Back roads of central Arkansas you say. Any more specifics on routes etc...?

It's two hours one way to LR for me but depending on where you plan to ride it might loop closer to me etc....

ArkTerry
09-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Ok, so starting in N LR at Bradford then cruising north/northwest as you indicated in your PM to me makes it dooable (compared to if you were heading south (farther away from me). I can start at Bradford with yall and then drop off during the ride when we reach the point that yall will be heading back southernly toward your central Arkansas homes.

Ok count me in (subject to weather and any unforseen issues that pop up here)

Hope several more will join in!

ornerydog7
09-09-2011, 11:23 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:
I am new to the Spyderlovers.com web site so this may be an over kill. However, I have read where a lot of riders are looking for rides and activities to be able to enjoy their Spyders as well as enjoy the camaraderie of other Spyder riders. With that in mind, I am having a ride on September 17, 2011. The details are below. Also, if anyone else is having an activity, please post it on this thread. Here are the ride details.

What: Central Arkansas Spyder Ride

When: Saturday, September 17, 2011

Where: Leaving from Bradford Marine in North Little Rock at 10 AM

Additional information:

1. Arrive at Bradford Marine anytime after 9 AM and enjoy coffee and donuts and visit with other Spyder riders.
2. Ride will leave promptly at 10 AM. We will ride the back country roads of Central Arkansas. We will stop for lunch around noon. Will ride a couple of hours after lunch and then call it a day.
3. Spread the word. Invite your friends that are Spyder riders.

Bradford Marine address:
8020 Landers Road
North Little Rock, AR 72117
(501) 833-2628

Need additional information:

Chuck Ramsey
501-804-0639
chuckramsey67@gmail.com

Hope to see you there.

FaranH
09-11-2011, 03:21 PM
It's doubtful I can go, darn it! :(

I have a daughter's soccer game at 9:00 and we're heading to Fayetteville for the football game. If you end up routing through El Paso and M&M, let me know. I might be able to at least swing by and say HI. I'd love to meet up with some fellow Spyderlovers!

Thanks for organizing this, Chuck.

SPYDERPOPS
09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
I will be there if everything goes OK tomorrow on resetting my Spyder.

D&J's#2
09-14-2011, 11:57 AM
See ya there !

FaranH
09-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Do you know where you are stopping for lunch yet? Our football plans *may* be changing and I'm wondering if I can try to meet for the lunch part. Let me know!

ArkTerry
09-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Do you know where you are stopping for lunch yet? Our football plans *may* be changing and I'm wondering if I can try to meet for the lunch part. Let me know!

He sent me this by PM when I messaged him last week about the route =
"We will go North from Little Rock and eat lunch in El Paso where Highway 64 crosses highway 5."

Chuckster our planner/leader has not been on the fourms in about a week per his stats page so I hope all is well and we are still a go for this.

trucknrn
09-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Just curious how many do we have lined up? lets all say yes an go have a ride and find some good food besides I have the bike polished an need to show it off!

Dick:ani29:

SPYDERPOPS
09-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Lee and I are coming from Hot Springs. See everyone there.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.437145,-93.277881

Chuckster
09-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Looks like the cooler temperatures are finally here which makes for great riding weather....so let ride.

Hope to see everyone at Bradford Marine in the morning from 9 to 10 for coffee and donuts. The ride will leave at 10. Hopefully that will give the ones coming from out of town time to get there. Our plan is to ride for a couple of hours and stop for lunch in El Paso at 12. Faran, hope you can meet us there.

Please call with any questions.

Chuck
501-804-0639

FaranH
09-17-2011, 09:41 PM
How was the ride? I'm sorry for missing - I'm fighting a yucky cold and with the Foster Friends Festival coming up in a week, I need to get healthy fast. Post some photos if y'all took any!

trucknrn
09-17-2011, 09:46 PM
would have never thought we could have put that many spyders on a trip an what a hoot.

Came home an my new corbin seat was waiting for me! man thats a hard seat,but fits.

Were going for a ride tomorrow to see if better then the seat that came with it.

Dick and Carol:ani29:

Chuckster
09-17-2011, 10:37 PM
What a great time on today's ride. First, thanks to Bradford Marine in NLR for the
Coffee and donuts. Second, thanks to all of the Spyder riders that came out and
Joined in the ride. I'm already looking forward to the October ride.
Stay tuned for more details on that event. For those that couldn't ride today,
Hope you can make the next one.

ArkTerry
09-18-2011, 10:40 AM
It was great to meet everyone! The turnout of I think 13 Spyders (including several that were unaware of Spyderlovers.com, but we think will be joining here soon) was a great turnout for this! Thanks for putting it together Chuckster!

I only remembered to take 3 pictures but I am pretty sure Chuckster and SpyderPops took several and hope they will post them here.

(Click on each for larger image)

D&J's#2
09-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Man!!! It was pouring down rain here sat. morn. until about 11:15 or so. Guess we shouldv'e gotten on and rode on up there. It wasn't raining there?

Anyway, hopefully we'll make the next one.:(

Chuckster
09-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I think Spyderpops took a video that maybe he will post. Here are a couple that I took. Thanks again everyone for making it a great ride.

SPYDERPOPS
09-18-2011, 04:36 PM
The pictures that I took are not worthy of posting, sorry, no video.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.436980,-93.277985

cyclelover63
09-20-2011, 11:10 PM
My wife and I rode from southern Illinois to Mountain Home,Ak. Saturday night and left Monday...I want to say that I have never seen more beautiful country as around Lake Norfolk...You are very lucky..Wish we could have had another whole week to see more...Maybe next time!

retiredsquid
09-21-2011, 12:14 AM
We drove my truck to The Lake of the Ozarks last weekend and had originally planned to ride the Spyder. Thank goodness my wife listened to me when I said let's skip the Spyder that trip. Drove home 180 miles in the rain on Sunday.

Looks like this coming weekend is going to be nice. We'll head off to Branson or Altus via Eureka Springs.

ArkTerry
09-21-2011, 07:38 AM
My wife and I rode from southern Illinois to Mountain Home,Ak. Saturday night and left Monday...I want to say that I have never seen more beautiful country as around Lake Norfolk...You are very lucky..Wish we could have had another whole week to see more...Maybe next time!

Lake Norfork is great! Spent lots of time there over the years. Great riding areas just South of Norfork (Mountain View, Calico Rock, Melbourne)