PDA

View Full Version : Lamont...is this a new server issue..

wyliec
09-08-2011, 11:40 AM
When someone writes a post/thread and it reaches the end of the number of characters allowed, the last word is repeated on the next line.

Here's an example (look at post 14 and 15): http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?32538-Vendor-Idea.-Please-somebody-make-this.&p=370860#post370860

Dochands,

Don't get upset. I was just trying to show Lamont an example. I noticed it happening to me first. In post 14 it shows as- station. station. and post 15- than than.

Of course there is always the possiblity that it shows that way on my PC only.

I just checked my Imac and it doesn't show there. I guess it may only be my PC.

Firefly
09-08-2011, 11:50 AM
When someone writes a post/thread and it reaches the end of the number of characters allowed, the last word is repeated on the next line.

Here's an example (look at post 14 and 15): http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?32538-Vendor-Idea.-Please-somebody-make-this.&p=370860#post370860

Dochands,

Don't get upset. I was just trying to show Lamont an example. I noticed it happening to me first. In post 14 it shows as- station. station. and post 15- than than.

I don't see any repeated words on that thread.

bullant12
09-08-2011, 11:54 AM
...than server issue...nojoke

My everyday issue...:gaah:

wyliec
09-08-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't see any repeated words on that thread.

I found the problem. It's on my PC only. I was at 100% zoom and when I go above or below, the double wording is gone.

Should I delete the thread?

SpydherLuv
09-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Everything looks fine to me. I'm reading this on my iMac.

Tiny1
09-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I have also witnessed words doubling up at the end of a line and beginning the next line. Don't think this is a server issue. The same error does not repeat itself when going back through the threads.:dontknow: Maybe it's just how the ones and zeros decide they want to play at that particular point in time.:hun:

Bob Denman
09-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I've I've not not seen seen this this... :roflblack:

Phil
09-08-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm actually now liking the new version of the board software...... with one exception. Only one.

When you post a new thread, reply, etc. The controls are VERY rich. Lots of options to center text, left/right justify, blah blah.

However if you have to go back an edit that post after the fact (VERY normal happening for me), not all of the tools are there. Hummmmmm..
Might be worth bringing up to the vBulletin folks?

MouthPiece
09-08-2011, 02:49 PM
I've I've not not seen seen this this... :roflblack:

THANKS for putting a BIG smile on my face, Bob.

Chris

SteveMac
09-08-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm actually now liking the new version of the board software...... with one exception. Only one.

When you post a new thread, reply, etc. The controls are VERY rich. Lots of options to center text, left/right justify, blah blah.

However if you have to go back an edit that post after the face (VERY normal happening for me), not all of the tools are there. Hummmmmm..
Might be worth bringing up to the vBulletin folks?

Hmm.
That is odd Phil. When editing, I can go to "open advanced options" on both tapatalk and using IE9.0. But I don't have the rich text options or emoticons on tapatalk. Both are there in advanced with IE9.0??

Phil
09-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Hmm.
That is odd Phil. I can go to "open advanced options" on both tapatalk and using IE9.0. But I don't have the rich text options or emoticons on tapatalk. Both are there in advanced with IE9.0??

I've never seen any way in Tapatalk to enhance the text either. That's why there are times I like to use IE9 or Firefox (my default) to answer and edit. I LIKE to enhance text to make it more readable with bullets, indents, justification, etc. Like this!!

I'm now editing my posted reply, and I have no way to turn off Centering. I'm attaching the screen shots of the Post Reply, then the Edit controls to show the difference.
AGAIN!!!! Not a problem, only an observation.

freebob
09-08-2011, 05:20 PM

Dochands,

Not sure what your referring too to to
to to
But seems to work fine
fine
fine for me
me
me........:cheers:

Freebob....:doorag:

SteveMac
09-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Phil,
I just checked again and I do have all the formatting such as bold, center, left, bullets etc. (see screenshots below). I know we have had some problems with functionality in my website that I manage here at work, and it has all come back to IE9.0 and enabling "compatibility view" settings for all websites. You may already have that enabled, but if not, I included a screenshot of that also.

If you want to try this, just click on

Tools,
Compatibility View Settings
and then check "display all websites in compatiblity view"

Hope that helps! (edited to be BOLD and Bright Red after posting..... LOL. Take care my friend!)

I've never seen any way in Tapatalk to enhance the text either. That's why there are times I like to use IE9 or Firefox (my default) to answer and edit. I LIKE to enhance text to make it more readable with bullets, indents, justification, etc. Like this!!

I'm now editing my posted reply, and I have no way to turn off Centering. I'm attaching the screen shots of the Post Reply, then the Edit controls to show the difference.
AGAIN!!!! Not a problem, only an observation.