PDA

View Full Version : Russian and Estonian Spyderlovers gonna have a trip on Mother Road 66 in 2012

che98
09-08-2011, 03:54 AM
next year, me and my friends wanna fly to US, buy or rent there Spyders and have a wonderful trip on Route 66. Who can help us with some questions we have?

C3517C
09-08-2011, 04:09 AM
Well you're in the right place. Im sure you'll get as much help as you want. Maybe you can help some of us organize a trip over there sometime. Let the questions begin.

Trickie Dick
09-08-2011, 08:50 AM
I did the trip last year with a couple of others. Brian Kelly (Irishtothemax) pretty much put the trip together. Unfortunately, he died this past spring. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have and I'm sure there are others who will do the same. Here's a link to our trip. Hope this helps:
http://www.jbriankelly.com/Route 66/66index.htm (http://www.jbriankelly.com/Route%2066/66index.htm)
If you would like to PM me, I'll be happy go over the trip with you. I don't know when you are planning to come but I would suggest you try to get here for Spyderfest, April 23-29. You can get the details here on Spyderlovers. It is held in Cuba, Missouri, which is right on route 66. This is where we started our trip last year instead of Chicago since route 66 in Illinois is pretty much a regular road. There will be several hundred Spyders at Spyderfest plus the host is one of the top, if not the top, Spyder dealers in the country. You will meet lots of great people here who will help you start your trip. Spring is a good time to do this trip as it has not gotten too hot in the American southwest. You may hit some rain though but who knows.
Dick

che98
09-12-2011, 01:15 AM
I did the trip last year with a couple of others. Brian Kelly (Irishtothemax) pretty much put the trip together. Unfortunately, he died this past spring. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have and I'm sure there are others who will do the same. Here's a link to our trip. Hope this helps:
http://www.jbriankelly.com/Route 66/66index.htm (http://www.jbriankelly.com/Route%2066/66index.htm)
If you would like to PM me, I'll be happy go over the trip with you. I don't know when you are planning to come but I would suggest you try to get here for Spyderfest, April 23-29. You can get the details here on Spyderlovers. It is held in Cuba, Missouri, which is right on route 66. This is where we started our trip last year instead of Chicago since route 66 in Illinois is pretty much a regular road. There will be several hundred Spyders at Spyderfest plus the host is one of the top, if not the top, Spyder dealers in the country. You will meet lots of great people here who will help you start your trip. Spring is a good time to do this trip as it has not gotten too hot in the American southwest. You may hit some rain though but who knows.
Dick. Thank you for info! Now I now the best time to come - April. We invite everybody who wanna join us! We will be happy to be in contact with you. There is a question, what should we do with Spyders. To bring them with us is too expensive. There are 2 way - buy them there or rent. May be anyone knows the company where we can rent Spyders?

C3517C
09-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Check this company for spyder rental. http://www.eaglerider.com/
They have a location in Southern California which is basically the west end of RT 66. It looks like a Spyder rents for about $165 a day. I haven't personnally rented from them so I recommend you research a bit. I also don't know how many Spyders they have to rent at the same time, which could be an issue. Rental companies are famous for not having the bike you wanted once you arrive. I cant imagine you would actually purchase Spyders for one trip and then leave the country ?? But you have planty of time to figure it out. I'll check around a bit.

Trickie Dick
09-17-2011, 09:03 AM
. Thank you for info! Now I now the best time to come - April. We invite everybody who wanna join us! We will be happy to be in contact with you. There is a question, what should we do with Spyders. To bring them with us is too expensive. There are 2 way - buy them there or rent. May be anyone knows the company where we can rent Spyders?
You might contact "the pitbull buggy" on this forum. His name is Len. He is the owner of the dealership in Cuba, Mo. and is host of Spyderfest. He may help you with some kind of rental or know where you might rent a couple. You might also put something in the buy and sell thread on this forum. Maybe someone will rent you their spyder for a couple of weeks:dontknow:.

Questions
09-17-2011, 10:36 PM
next year, me and my friends wanna fly to US, buy or rent there Spyders and have a wonderful trip on Route 66. Who can help us with some questions we have?

My husband John and I publish 66 The Mother Road - it's about all things Route 66! Send him an email, and ask him your questions. He has a wealth of information about all 2448 miles of the road. He used to be a tour guide operator, and has written and directed tours. If he can't answer your questions, no one can!
Contact him at John@66TheMotherRoad.com.

Judy