PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Spyder Ryders Second annual Hocking Hills Ride 7th 8th 9th of October 2011

EricDeub
09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Ohio Spyder Ryders will be hosting our second annual Hocking Hills Ride 3 day
event.

Basically Friday night we will have dinner at 7PM (location will
be determined), hang out and talk Spyders. This is for spyders that come early
for the Saturday ride.

Saturday is the big ride we will ride around
Southern Ohio and take in the scenery for most of the day lots of of twisties in
the back country. For those staying Saturday night I would like to have a BBQ
and If I can find a place a bonfire, Charlie and I will be working on this
together. As the date gets closer we will be posting updates for this ride.

Sunday there will be a up and go explore and photo taking ride, there
will be frequent stops to take pictures and explore beautiful hocking
hills.

It will be held at Burr Oak State Park lodge on October 7th, 8th,
9th. We have room blocks set up for this ride, you can call 1-800-282-7275. Tell
them you are from Ohio Spyder Ryders and they will give you a discount. They
also have cabins available, some have two rooms if you want to save some money
and be roommates. Pets are permitted in 2 of the cottages; I also believe they
have 3 pet rooms (Dave & Teddy). Also a campground is at the park. These
rooms will fill up fast, after we make our agenda public, just wanted to give
club members first crack at the rooms. There are several hotels in Athens just
South of Burr Oak.

bonehead
09-11-2011, 05:55 PM
we will be there made reservations BURR OAK!

pierrelogic
09-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Confirmations of attendees are rolling in. The Hocking Hills are arguablythe best place in Ohio to ride. We have a 194 mile route mapped out. This area of Ohio has it all...canopy trees, amazing vistas, plenty of curves and hills. Many attendees will be in the Burr Oak State State park area from Friday afternoon until well into Sunday. The main ride is planned for Saturday but there will be a few "mini rides" both Friday and Sunday. Riding Spyders is a blast, group rides are extremely fun but just hanging out with others who share your passion for Spyder's is absolutely priceless.

We have several surprises in store for the big Saturday ride. ;) Generally speaking we plan to start gathering at the Burr Area State park approximately 9 AM with a goal of getting on the group ride(s) by about 10 AM give or take. If you're not staying overnight in the area please try to arrive at Burr Oak State park as early as possible so you're not in any rush prior to the ride.

Our club has had 12 rides/events this year all over the great State of Ohio and beyond. :shocked: We've got something special going on here in Ohio with this club, the events we put on and most importantly the members who have participated in them. This Hocking Hills ride is our Grande Finale for the year and it should be THE one you don't want to miss.

Please arrive alive and we'll see you in the Hills!! --> http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/burroak/tabid/719/Default.aspx

CyncySpyder
09-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Hopefully, if we can't make the entire weekend, we can at least make it up for a day trip :dontknow:

pierrelogic
09-27-2011, 05:43 PM
There are 19 confirmed Spyders coming. That's not a head count, it's a Spyder count only. I'm estimating there are about 30-40+ Spyders still up-in-the-air if they are coming that have expressed an interest in this ride. This will likely be the biggest gathering of Spyder's in Ohio this year. :thumbup:

To top it off, the trees are just now starting to change in Central Ohio so we may be blessed with an explosion of colors in the Hills by next weekend. :yes:

Saturday the 8th is the main event. Burr Oak State Park Lodge parking lot is base. Everyone is gathering there around 9AM and we'll get on the road about 10 AM. Last year we had 13 total Spyders...we will easily top that this year.

Come ride with us!

kuroneko81
09-29-2011, 07:45 PM
we're not going to be able to make it this time :(

but tiff & i both wish you the safest of travels and a wonderful time!

CyncySpyder
10-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Since its getting into the 30's overnight we figured it best not to camp, so we made reservations at the Lodge & have found a roomate to share the cost with to make it more economical, so Teddy & I are now committed :D & are look'n forward to a GREAT WEEKEND of ryding with fellow SpYder Ryders :2thumbs:

Littlebadwolf
10-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Wife is gonna be spending the weekend in Dayton visiting with her daughter so I'm looking at coming to this one...will confirm in the next day or so.

pierrelogic
10-02-2011, 08:05 PM
33 Spyders confirmed. :shocked: No idea how many people that represents. :dontknow: Weather report looking good so far. :thumbup: