PDA

View Full Version : WA 2 OR

Heliplt
09-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Headed to Tillamook OR from WA for a quick weekend, any suggested routes or activities along the way, possibly might make it to Lincoln City

Spyder Cat
09-06-2011, 12:47 PM
we're going that direction, but in reverse, . . . . should be fun.
heading out on Saturday, north from Brookings
planning to do the coast probably to Astoria, then head inland to St Helens, maybe Rainier???,
Maybe north from there to do Hwy 2 thru Leavenworth
then down to Yakima, returning thru Bend, Diamond Lake . . . .
who knows.... have maps, will travel :D

one of my fav places to stay is at Inn at Arch Rock in Depoe Bay....
i've stayed there several times; there's a pod of resident whales in the cove

we're also looking for a motorcycle store somewhere around Portland . . . we need to get some more gear....

Have fun, ryde safe!!

blackbeauty
09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I live in Tillamook (new spyder owner). We've got a couple of attractions here that might be of interest. Like, the Cheese Factory north of town where they make the world famous Tillamook Cheese. South of town is the Air Museum with world war II warbirds. Great Snack Bar and resturaunt too. Worth the tour. If you like twisty roads (and you may not), take the Miami Foley road just before entering Garibaldi - ride it to hiway 53 junction. Take 53 to where it connects with Hiway 26 (the Sunset Highway) at Saddle Mountain. Turn west at the junction and you are a hop, skip and jump from Seaside - then 17 miles on to Astoria. Of course, reverse this if you are coming from the North. Scenic and parts are challenging but easily manageable. Right now, weather is right for riding. Just a thought. I would recommend coming in to Astoria on hiway 202 through Jewell except the road is such wretched condition with pot holes it's not worth riding.
Enjoy your trip.

Heliplt
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all the info, we made it to Tillamook and Oceanside, (Roseanna’s is a great place to eat) took the advice and went HWY 26 (the Sunset Highway) and Saddle Mountain Miami Foley road just before entering Garibaldi. (Loved the Twistys) We stayed at the Garibaldi House Inn, thought it was a great place to stay, nice and clean and accommodating with lots of free snacks, appetizers, taffy, great buffet style breakfast and even complementary towels for wiping down your bike in the morning, (wet from fog), made it to the car show in seaside then back to ocean city in wa for even bigger car show, then back to the Hood Canal, we ran about 500 miles averaging 32MPG. It was a great trip, thanks again for the info on routs to take.
http://www.roseannascafe.com/cafe/faq/

Spyder Couple
09-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for all the info, we made it to Tillamook and Oceanside, (Roseanna’s is a great place to eat) took the advice and went HWY 26 (the Sunset Highway) and Saddle Mountain Miami Foley road just before entering Garibaldi. (Loved the Twistys) We stayed at the Garibaldi House Inn, thought it was a great place to stay, nice and clean and accommodating with lots of free snacks, appetizers, taffy, great buffet style breakfast and even complementary towels for wiping down your bike in the morning, (wet from fog), made it to the car show in seaside then back to ocean city in wa for even bigger car show, then back to the Hood Canal, we ran about 500 miles averaging 32MPG. It was a great trip, thanks again for the info on routs to take.
http://www.roseannascafe.com/cafe/faq/

We went to the car show in Seaside on Saturday Sept 10. It was an awesome show and lots and lots of cars and people. We were going to go to Ocean city but we spend to much time in Seaside. Maybe next year we can get together or meet up at seaside.

Glad you enjoyed your ryde. The coast is always a great ryde.

Heliplt
09-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Sorry we missed you; we traveled over 500 miles and didn’t see one spyder.

Spyder Couple
09-12-2011, 12:32 PM
We didn't have our spyder, I wish we had taken it. We other family members and one of our Pomeranians who went with us so we took our Durango.

We didn't see any spyders either, we did see 2 trikes tho and the nice one had 2 women on it. I ryde at times with my daughter & daughter in law and we thought it was great
to see 2 women ryding a goldwing trike.

Anytime you come to the coast or towards Portland send us a message and if we can we will meet up somewhere for a coke and a ryde.

Take care

Heliplt
09-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Sounds good, we will let ya know next time we make it that way.