PDA

View Full Version : Cup Holder for RSS/SE with risers

CWilber
09-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Just got my Spyder two weeks ago and she's perfect-almost. I miss my cupholder! I have read the other posts but can't tell if they apply when risers are involved on a SE model. I don't want to have to drill. If someone with the same configuration as mine has found a solution, I'd love to hear from you and, if possible, see pictures.

daveinva
09-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Just got my Spyder two weeks ago and she's perfect-almost. I miss my cupholder! I have read the other posts but can't tell if they apply when risers are involved on a SE model. I don't want to have to drill. If someone with the same configuration as mine has found a solution, I'd love to hear from you and, if possible, see pictures.

I had my drink holder on my left side clamped around the RS handlebars, but like you I lost that gap with the riser install.

However, I have one of these style drink holders, and that clamp an be adjusted to hold onto the original silver/black handlebar portion.

I wouldn't carry a heavy beverage over rough ground-- the drink holder opening faces *forward* now-- but works well enough for 12-16 ounces.

Bumblebee67
09-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I believe the picture in the above post is a holder from wwwDrink2go.net. I do not have a set of risers on my GS but this will clamp to just about anything and hold fast. Sure comes in handy on those hot days!!

CWilber
09-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Found out that Ram Mount had a cup holder you could buy separately for the Ram Mount I already had from my two-wheeler. Works perfectly!