PDA

View Full Version : anyone from Holland area?

Spydigirl
09-04-2011, 11:24 AM
I have seen a black spyder in the area.....But, that is it...... any more?:spyder:

dancogan
09-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Maybe it's just that you live in such a pretty area that lots of Spyder ryders come through? We love Holland and going out to the state park. Our daughter went to Hope College so we had lots of chances to visit your beautiful town.

NancysToy
09-04-2011, 03:55 PM
:welcome: We were in Holland about a week ago, but our RTS is red. There was a black RT parked in Saugatuck later that day, but it had Illinois plates. Hope you track down the other Spyder. Unfortunately, not all Spyder owners are SpyderLovers.....yet. ;)

Spydigirl
09-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Awesome, well at least I know you are out there.....I will watch for you! :2thumbs:

NancysToy
09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I'll be back in the area next weekend, too. Headed to see a friend in West Olive.

SpyderAnn01
09-04-2011, 06:38 PM
:welcome:I've been to Holland a couple of times on my black RT but not since last fall. What do you ride?

Spydigirl
09-04-2011, 06:57 PM
I have a 2010 RSS SE5 Pearl White!

mosslips
09-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I have seen a black spyder in the area.....But, that is it...... any more?:spyder:

I used to be! Born in Muskegon and my Grandparents lived in Holland and Zeeland. Would love to be riding a Spyder around there!!! I havent been there in probably 7 years and miss it. Big Red, Grand Haven and soooo much more. Hubby says you can take the girl out of Michigan, but cant take Michigan out of the girl and he points it out when I say roof (ruff) wolf (wuff) or if I ask for a pop etc. lol

SPYD1
09-07-2011, 11:46 AM
I'll be back in the area next weekend, too. Headed to see a friend in West Olive.
+
Scotty...be careful running around West Olive with the deer, I hunt out there and the herd looks strong this year. Lots of pics on the trail cams!

SPYD1
09-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I have a 2010 RSS SE5 Pearl White!

I live in Hudsonville and ryde quite a bit in Holland. Hope to see you around!!!:clap:

chris56
09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
visited "holland" a time ago ... re you from amsterdam ??
http://www.weltkarte.com/europa/holland/landkarte-niederlande.htm

Spydigirl
09-07-2011, 01:21 PM
visited "holland" a time ago ... re you from amsterdam ??
http://www.weltkarte.com/europa/holland/landkarte-niederlande.htm

wow .....you came along way....maybe some day i will get overseas! ;)

Spydigirl
09-07-2011, 01:23 PM
I live in Hudsonville and ryde quite a bit in Holland. Hope to see you around!!!:clap:

Awesome! thanks for the deer tip......they scare me :yikes:, i don't usually ride at night though.

dancogan
09-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Awesome! thanks for the deer tip......they scare me :yikes:, i don't usually ride at night though.

Don't think you'll only see them at night, or only early and late in the day. I've dodged deer on the interstate at noon on a bright, sunny day! Once it's time for the bucks to chase the does they lose all sense of where and when. :yikes:

NancysToy
09-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Don't think you'll only see them at night, or only early and late in the day. I've dodged deer on the interstate at noon on a bright, sunny day! Once it's time for the bucks to chase the does they lose all sense of where and when. :yikes:
:agree: Just dodged one this afternoon.

SPYD1
09-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Once Oct first comes I will do my part in keeping the streets safe by filling my freezer.:ohyea:

NancysToy
09-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Once Oct first comes I will do my part in keeping the streets safe by filling my freezer.:ohyea:
I wish you could do it here within the city limits. These urban deer herds are getting large!

Spydigirl
09-08-2011, 05:44 PM

Yea....I have seen them during the day also, last night went for a ride and saw a flock of wild turkeys at the side of the road.
right after that a bee or something got in my jacket and stung me three times on the back.....had to go home for the night couldn't think after that! :sour:

mxz600
09-08-2011, 07:34 PM

:welcome: It's never good hitting a deer, but a few of us on Spyderlovers have. The salesman that sold me my Spyder also hit a deer with his Spyder. As far as I know nobody was thrown from their ride, very encouraging. If I was riding the Harley when I hit mine I would have went down. The safety factor of the Spyder is a big reason I bought one. That said, I am in no hurry to take on another. There is a good chance it would not turn out with the same favorable result.

Spydigirl
09-09-2011, 02:32 PM
:welcome: It's never good hitting a deer, but a few of us on Spyderlovers have. The salesman that sold me my Spyder also hit a deer with his Spyder. As far as I know nobody was thrown from their ride, very encouraging. If I was riding the Harley when I hit mine I would have went down. The safety factor of the Spyder is a big reason I bought one. That said, I am in no hurry to take on another. There is a good chance it would not turn out with the same favorable result.

Well I hope We never have to find out! I Love my Spyder :spyder2:

Spyder
09-11-2011, 07:00 PM
I live in Holland & work in Zeeland, MI....Yeah! Besides the deer U must be careful of the bees. There are man made beehives & turkey cribs on those backroads. Hey SPIDY1 how about some Jerkey hahaha

I am actually visiting My Parents right now in Muskegon Heights & I will be cruising Home soon. Hey Lisa K, how different is it out there in New York?

Lando CALRISSIAN, Out!:doorag:

Spydigirl
09-12-2011, 04:53 AM
Hahaha! Already got the bee stings.....It stung me 3 times on my back :yikes:...hard to focus driving while you are getting stung! i just don't know how it got in my jacket????? I made it home safely though. ;)

Spyder
09-12-2011, 10:05 PM
I saw You today Spydigirl....U were actually pass Me but I heard Your pipes & I turned to My LEFT to just get a glimpse ;). I was headed South on 120th/Waverly around 1:20PM. Did U get Yours from Village Motor Sports cause They had a white 1 in there with the two brothers racing pipes on it. If U are interested in ryding with Me then U can email Me @ jamawl1@yahoo.com . I don't receive alerts on My phone from Spyderlovers.com yet.

Lando CALRISSIAN, Out!:thumbup:

SPYD1
09-13-2011, 12:28 PM
I live in Holland & work in Zeeland, MI....Yeah! Besides the deer U must be careful of the bees. There are man made beehives & turkey cribs on those backroads. Hey SPIDY1 how about some Jerkey hahaha

I am actually visiting My Parents right now in Muskegon Heights & I will be cruising Home soon. Hey Lisa K, how different is it out there in New York?

I will hook you up with some fresh jerky as soon as I fling an arrow. You will love it! Stop by sometime after that and I will give you some fresh burger too.

Spyder
09-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Sounds Good SPYD1....I'll get My Taste Buds READY :-D

Spydigirl
09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
I saw You today Spydigirl....U were actually pass Me but I heard Your pipes & I turned to My LEFT to just get a glimpse ;). I was headed South on 120th/Waverly around 1:20PM. Did U get Yours from Village Motor Sports cause They had a white 1 in there with the two brothers racing pipes on it. If U are interested in ryding with Me then U can email Me @ jamawl1@yahoo.com . I don't receive alerts on My phone from Spyderlovers.com yet.

Lando CALRISSIAN, Out!:thumbup:

Actually i test drove that and ask them to take the pipes off...too loud and i made them an offer.....they should of took it cause i bought one just like it off ebay and paid less and got more.....including the 5 year extended warranty! yes i probably will email you for a ride, season is getting slim for me cause i HATE the cold.

mosslips
09-16-2011, 03:29 PM

Sorry it took so long to reply.. I'm recovering from knee surgery.
Anyway, NY (Upstate where I live) is much different. I love how flat Michigan is. When I was young, I would ride a peddle bicycle 100 miles on an all day trip with a friend of mine and it was great! Where I live it's a hill at the begining or the end, and the hill is not a slow easy grade. My hubby and I actually talk about how much bike riding I did as a youngling, but now we live in a city built on the mohawk valley, so its up on both sides. :(

Anyway, I actually find Holland and Zeeland friendlier places than where I have lived in NY. And the weather seems more stable except that the snow in NY falls down vertically, not Horizontally like it does in Holland. My hubby didnt believe it untill he saw it. We dont get snow blowing like you do. He drove in it and was amazed by the drifts and amazed at how everyone just kept going.

Now NY has some great mountain roads though with fab twisties and great views from the tops of the mountains. I moved here in 4th grade and would go back to visit family and have always said the perfect state would have Lake Michigan, flat rides for bicycles (peddle ones) and mountains.

I miss Michigan, but when I am there, I miss the Adirondacks.
Next year with my healed knee, my husband Rob and I are going to start the adventure of climbing the 46 high peaks of the adirondacks.