PDA

View Full Version : VERY impressed with...

joe schmoe
09-02-2011, 09:27 AM
the half cover we got for the wife's RT-S...We got it in yesterday. Went out to the garage and did a test fit. I am very impressed with the quality of the material, what appears to be a VERY durable fabric (time in the sun will tell) and an excellent fit...They (BRP/Can-Am) even took into consideration that they would need 2 holes if someone got the CB/Intercom package....The way it is held down with the adjustable straps around the driver foot pegs was even well though out...:thumbup: :clap:

Sure wish other manufacturers would think about and sell such quality products...

When I got my Vision I got the Victory half cover for it, it was VERY DISAPPOINTING, flimsy, not even a solid fabric more of a fine mesh, no UV protection AND did not take into account for the STOCK FACTORY antenna....Purchased a Nelson Rig half cover and it is fine cover and cost less than half of the Victory cover...

pitbull
09-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Glad your liking it Joe.

stillriding
09-02-2011, 10:27 AM
the half cover we got for the wife's RT-S...We got it in yesterday. Went out to the garage and did a test fit. I am very impressed with the quality of the material, what appears to be a VERY durable fabric (time in the sun will tell) and an excellent fit...They (BRP/Can-Am) even took into consideration that they would need 2 holes if someone got the CB/Intercom package....The way it is held down with the adjustable straps around the driver foot pegs was even well though out...:thumbup: :clap:

Sure wish other manufacturers would think about and sell such quality products...

When I got my Vision I got the Victory half cover for it, it was VERY DISAPPOINTING, flimsy, not even a solid fabric more of a fine mesh, no UV protection AND did not take into account for the STOCK FACTORY antenna....Purchased a Nelson Rig half cover and it is fine cover and cost less than half of the Victory cover...

I too like mine, but I wish a soft windshield protector had been sewn in so I didn't have to place a t-shirt over the windshield to prevent scratches.

Boriken
09-02-2011, 06:31 PM
I too like mine, but I wish a soft windshield protector had been sewn in so I didn't have to place a t-shirt over the windshield to prevent scratches.
:agree:

NancysToy
09-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Some of you newer owners may be interested in this thread. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?17557-RT-Covers
I agree about the windshield protector, but it is pretty easy to use a t-shirt or sweatshirt to protect it. If you want to get fancy, you can make a protective sleeve out of sweatshirt fabric like I did.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24193&d=1281992369

Cal777
09-02-2011, 09:34 PM
I've been using one for a while and haven't noticed any scratches. Just whining, or has anyone had to replace one for scraches from the cover?
Rudy

SteveMac
09-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Good common sense idea Scotty!

exwinger
09-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I have the half cover also and not sure how well it will stay on if in a high windstorm. Just might be enough tension after pulling straps tight. One for the wing reall stayed on thru wind but then there were more " overhangs " for it to fit around. One big difference was the cost for the wing....less than half.

SpyderDen
09-04-2011, 08:31 PM
I've been using one for a while and haven't noticed any scratches. Just whining, or has anyone had to replace one for scraches from the cover?
Rudy:agree::popcorn:

Yol Bolsun
09-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Hmm... will ask SWMBO if we have an old flannel pillow case.