PDA

View Full Version : Kudo's to Winston-Salem Honda

ulflyer
08-31-2011, 02:08 PM
After getting a limp mode last thursday PM I used the Best roadside insurance to have it towed to Winston. It got there just at closing but by 9am friday they called to say it was the throttle body that had to be replaced and they'd have to order one. Might be a week to 10 days. However, yesterday afternoon (tuesday) they called to say it was ready. This was covered under warrenty but I was charged shop time for getting the belt and brakes checked which I had asked for. The technician explained about the belt tension and how to do it on the road if I ever have to. Fast service, good communication by pleasant svc mngr's Kevin and Diane.

Might also add a kudo for Garrett's towing in Thomasville 336 476 3153 who was called by Best Ins people. They showed up at my house, about 25 miles away, in less than 45 min. Had a nice roll back flatbed and strapped the RT down by front wheels using heavy canvas straps over the tires. Nothing touched the frame or body parts. They're family owned and I'd recommend them should you live in the area and need towing.

2Gunns
08-31-2011, 03:08 PM
After getting a limp mode last thursday PM I used the Best roadside insurance to have it towed to Winston. It got there just at closing but by 9am friday they called to say it was the throttle body that had to be replaced and they'd have to order one. Might be a week to 10 days. However, yesterday afternoon (tuesday) they called to say it was ready. This was covered under warrenty but I was charged shop time for getting the belt and brakes checked which I had asked for. The technician explained about the belt tension and how to do it on the road if I ever have to. Fast service, good communication by pleasant svc mngr's Kevin and Diane.

Might also add a kudo for Garrett's towing in Thomasville 336 476 3153 who was called by Best Ins people. They showed up at my house, about 25 miles away, in less than 45 min. Had a nice roll back flatbed and strapped the RT down by front wheels using heavy canvas straps over the tires. Nothing touched the frame or body parts. They're family owned and I'd recommend them should you live in the area and need towing.

Boy, I really feel my dealer left me wanting (maybe that's why they are now out-of-business). Tell me more about this BEST roadside insurance, can't say I've heard of it.

ulflyer
09-01-2011, 06:29 AM
2Gunns, are you referring to the WS dealer that left you wanting?
I've heard a couple others say they were not satisified with them, but thats not the been the case with me. I have an 06 Helix that they've serviced a couple times and I was satisified with that too.
I like that that they go over what needs to be done and tell you in advance what it will cost. I've not been stiffed with any surprises.

The BEST warranty is the extended one that all the dealers sell. You can get 1,2 or 3 years that extend after your initial 2 yr OEM warranty. It includes "emergency road service" from the day you buy it, and covers up to $200 of towing with no deductable.

fishcraz
09-02-2011, 06:26 AM
I have bought both of my Spyder RTs from them and had all service done there. They are OUTSTANDING and I could not ask for better treatment. Two thumbs up to them, I hope they continue to provide this quaility of service to everyone.

Steve always looks forward to my visits, and can't wait to see what I've got for him to install!!!!
He's almost disappointed if I don't have something extra for him to do.

Duane

2Gunns
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
no I purchased my spyder at the former AlphaMotorsports in Rock Hill, SC. BEST was never mentioned nor offered during my purchase or followup maintenance. Like I said, they have gone out of business...maybe that is some of the reason why.