PDA

View Full Version : Save the Date for a Ryde!

Paula(Butch2025)
08-29-2011, 09:06 PM
How about a fall color ride in northern Minnesota? :D Looks like October 1st will the day that Les Caswell and I will be putting together a fall color ride. When more details are available I'll be posting, but in the mean while our tentative plan is to head north on hwy 23 (evergreen memorial drive) to Fon Du Lac then take hwy 210 through J. Cooke State Park (great twisties!:ohyea:) then wind our way back to Mora. Maybe we can convince Les to make more chili - the heat of it will feel good on a nice fall day! As we put together the final details I will post again.
--Paula

RTGENE
08-31-2011, 05:16 PM
OK OKI have announced that I will be going on a road trip to Minnesota (king of your castle can do that you know) So next I have a question or two.
You may recall Michigan had designer shirts for day and evening wear. I have been in MN. in October ----will down filled T-shirts be available ?
When a meeting place is chosen will it be near a Motel for early arrivals. As for fine dinning someplace with Coney's and Pasties would be excellent.
I just had a thought----if enough people sign up ----I think we should spend one day cleaning a spyder from dirty town.
Packed and ready to go.
RTG

MMcc
08-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Paula; Dates will work nicely for me. How about another pan of brownies to go with the Chili. Why not use the old Minnesota tradition and have pot-luck. We could all sign up for something. Les has been footing the bill for the other rides, let us help out with some of the food.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Well kids, it looks like we will need to change the date for our fall color ride, Les didn't check with the boss (Kaye):lecturef_smilie: and found out they had a prior commitment. We are switching the ride to Saturday, September 24th. Further details will be hammered out and then I'll post the end result! Hope this date will still work for RTGene and MMcc!

Paula; Dates will work nicely for me. How about another pan of brownies to go with the Chili. Why not use the old Minnesota tradition and have pot-luck. We could all sign up for something. Les has been footing the bill for the other rides, let us help out with some of the food.

Mike - It might have to birthday cake (Les' b-day) or maybe both! I'll check with Les about the Pot-Luck thing and put that in the post with the details in it.

--Paula

Paula(Butch2025)
09-01-2011, 10:14 PM
OK OKI have announced that I will be going on a road trip to Minnesota (king of your castle can do that you know) So next I have a question or two.
You may recall Michigan had designer shirts for day and evening wear. I have been in MN. in October ----will down filled T-shirts be available ?
When a meeting place is chosen will it be near a Motel for early arrivals. As for fine dinning someplace with Coney's and Pasties would be excellent.
I just had a thought----if enough people sign up ----I think we should spend one day cleaning a spyder from dirty town.
Packed and ready to go.
RTG

Gene - this is great, we would love to have you visit our fare state. As for a down filled t-shirt...Hmmm...not so sure you'll need it we could still be in the 80's at this time of year, at least during the day!!!
We did have to change the date to: September 24th, hope that will still work for you.
I will look into motels in the area and some wonderful Minnesota cuisine for you try while in our area.
The fun filled activity of cleaning a dirty, salty spyder from Dirt Town, MN has been cancelled....the deed has been done...it's all clean and sparkling, at least for now. Maybe a photo will get posted to show us what color it truly is!!!
--Paula

SethO
09-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Gene - this is great, we would love to have you visit our fare state. As for a down filled t-shirt...Hmmm...not so sure you'll need it we could still be in the 80's at this time of year, at least during the day!!!
We did have to change the date to: September 24th, hope that will still work for you.
I will look into motels in the area and some wonderful Minnesota cuisine for you try while in our area.
The fun filled activity of cleaning a dirty, salty spyder from Dirt Town, MN has been cancelled....the deed has been done...it's all clean and sparkling, at least for now. Maybe a photo will get posted to show us what color it truly is!!!
--Paula

I had a buddy say its not that clean, so you can try if you want Firm up the date and I will get the kings dirt town together and we can see what kind of trouble we can get in, Gene if you come up I will get you a hotel or if you want to stay in sethwoods acres you and all are welcome. Come ride with the kings of dirt town, its a strange feeling to not have to worry about anything other than crashing or bitching at people driving on your public track.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Seth - the date is firm Saturday, September 24th. We just need to finalize the start time and the actual route. Thinking of heading up 23 from Mora, hitting 210 thru J. Cooke State Park, then find an interesting way back to Mora. Of course there will be food too, can't have a spyder ride and not eat! I'll be talking to Les later today and we'll nail down all the details! --Paula

SethO
09-02-2011, 10:34 AM
cool, I do not work that weekend SO i will be there, we could take 23 to aerostich, they close at 1600 on saturday, eat at the thirsty pagan in superior and go back thru jay cook state park on the way back to 35 and burn down,

93miles up and 125ish down.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-02-2011, 01:33 PM
FALL COLOR RYDE
September 24th
9am - Meet at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN
10am - Leave for the Ryde
2+ Hour Ryde
Snack & Gas Stop Planned
(maybe Gordy's Hi-Hat in Cloquet?)
Pot-Luck Supper back at Caswell's

Les said that anyone that would like to camp-out overnight could pitch a tent in their yard, if it gets too late to drive home. There also is an AmericInn in Mora for those non-campers that want to stay in the area before or after the ryde. Looking forward to seeing you all again and hopefully some new spyder people too!

--Paula

Paula(Butch2025)
09-09-2011, 06:30 AM
FALL COLOR RYDE
September 24th
9am - Meet at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN
10am - Leave for the Ryde
2+ Hour Ryde
Snack & Gas Stop Planned
(maybe Gordy's Hi-Hat in Cloquet?)
Pot-Luck Supper back at Caswell's

Les said that anyone that would like to camp-out overnight could pitch a tent in their yard, if it gets too late to drive home. There also is an AmericInn in Mora for those non-campers that want to stay in the area before or after the ryde. Looking forward to seeing you all again and hopefully some new spyder people too!

--Paula

Just wanted to give this a bump - on a count of it being just around the corner. :D The news folks have been telling us that because of our weather conditions the past two years this should be a spectacular color season!!! Make sure you bring your cameras...we'll plan on photo stops along the way.

Please sound off here to let me know who's coming. --Paula

Paula(Butch2025)
09-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Those of you who are planning on coming on this ride, remember end of day supper back at Les & Kaye Caswell's is a good ol' Pot Luck. There is a refrigerator and outlets to plug anything in you need to keep cold or hot while on the ride. If you can't pack it in your trunk or strap it on the seat! the is a very nice Coburns store in Mora - they have a great deli if you want to share something from there instead.

The trees are starting to turn by my house and we are 50 miles south of Mora, so it should be very pretty up that way in another week!:ohyea:

--Paula

spyderlady50
09-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Those of you who are planning on coming on this ride, remember end of day supper back at Les & Kaye Caswell's is a good ol' Pot Luck. There is a refrigerator and outlets to plug anything in you need to keep cold or hot while on the ride. If you can't pack it in your trunk or strap it on the seat! the is a very nice Coburns store in Mora - they have a great deli if you want to share something from there instead.

The trees are starting to turn by my house and we are 50 miles south of Mora, so it should be very pretty up that way in another week!:ohyea:

--Paula
re
Daivd and I will be there with bells on....LOL

SethO
09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
I should be there, barring more than 6 inches of snow.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-15-2011, 10:01 PM
I should be there, barring more than 6 inches of snow.

:yikes:Did you really get snow up there? We had 30 this morning with a high of 54, and just MOnday we were in the high 80's! Slap the plow on the front and clear the roads on your way down! --Paula

Elphaba
09-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey guys, are there 2 different rides or has it been moved to Oct 1

Thanks for the help.:ani29:

Paula(Butch2025)
09-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Hey guys, are there 2 different rides or has it been moved to Oct 1

Thanks for the help.:ani29:

The October 1 ride had to be moved to September 24....Les Caswell had a prior commitment on the 1st. So hopefully you can make the September 24th ride.

Did you see that the Minnesota Chapter t-shirts are ready to be ordered? Just click on CAT Specialties on the homepage.

Looking forward to seeing you on the 24th. --Paula

SpyderAnn01
09-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Your ride sounds very interesting and I wish we could come up for it but we are committed to a charity event that day. :(

SethO
09-18-2011, 12:11 AM
I will be there.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-18-2011, 09:29 PM
I will be there.

It'll be nice to see you again...Butch is happy you are coming too. What are you bringing for the pot-luck? some of your famous "Seth" cuisine?
--Paula

Paula(Butch2025)
09-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Your ride sounds very interesting and I wish we could come up for it but we are committed to a charity event that day. :(

:agree::( One of these days we'll get you two over to Minnesota! --Paula

MMcc
09-18-2011, 10:20 PM
I have heard so many stories about our Minnesota legend that I am looking forward to meeting him in person. Carolyn and I will probably trailerthe RT up that day for our ride as a shake down test. Rigged the ATV trailer up for the spyder. Will not use the motorhome just the small truck for towing this time. We plan to leave MN the middle of October heading southeast to the Blue Ridge Parkway (another BRP) with the motorhome and RT on the trailer. Want to ride the dragon and other fun roads in that area before we head to So. California for the winter.

SethO
09-19-2011, 12:27 AM
It'll be nice to see you again...Butch is happy you are coming too. What are you bringing for the pot-luck? some of your famous "Seth" cuisine?
--Paula

I am going to have to figure out that one, the stuff I make I should grill before, I just made the best cheezy beard chicken legs to date.

I have heard so many stories about our Minnesota legend that I am looking forward to meeting him in person. Carolyn and I will probably trailerthe RT up that day for our ride as a shake down test. Rigged the ATV trailer up for the spyder. Will not use the motorhome just the small truck for towing this time. We plan to leave MN the middle of October heading southeast to the Blue Ridge Parkway (another BRP) with the motorhome and RT on the trailer. Want to ride the dragon and other fun roads in that area before we head to So. California for the winter.

I hope your up for some racing.

RTGENE
09-19-2011, 08:09 AM
BandP
I am ready again to go-----each day I check the weather and unpack the heated gear------then next day unpack the summer gear. I cannot unpack the rain gear----if I do it would rain each day.
I should be in North Fork around supper time---if your free and can meet give me a call Friday---314-541-5969
If I ask SethO to meet he would sneak off and leave me with the bill. He talks fast and sounds funny other than that I like him.

As fur the pot luck how 'bouts I brings soda---err--use call it pop. I can pick that up just down the road.
I am ready to go north

SpyderAnn01
09-19-2011, 08:15 AM
BandP
I am ready again to go-----each day I check the weather and unpack the heated gear------then next day unpack the summer gear. I cannot unpack the rain gear----if I do it would rain each day.
I should be in North Fork around supper time---if your free and can meet give me a call Friday---314-541-5969
If I ask SethO to meet he would sneak off and leave me with the bill. He talks fast and sounds funny other than that I like him.

As fur the pot luck how 'bouts I brings soda---err--use call it pop. I can pick that up just down the road.
I am ready to go north

Paula, you better check Gene's saddle bags upon his arrival for this soda pop that he speaks of. He will tell you he is bringing it and then you will be told that it mysteriously fell out of his gear. Watch him.

Gene you need to make room for a snow shovel you just might need it!

SpyderAnn01
09-19-2011, 08:17 AM
BandP

I am ready to go north

Gene it is yous guys silly. Get it right!

Paula(Butch2025)
09-20-2011, 06:24 PM
BandP

I am ready to go north

Mr. Gene--
Bringing sodas to the pot-luck would be great...there's a store just down the road from Caswell's where you can pick some up. Where are you staying on Friday night? 'Cause I'm not so sure I know where North Fork is...but if you are in North Branch on Friday, we'd love to meet up with you.
--Paula

RTGENE
09-21-2011, 07:39 AM
OH PAULA
Is my face red----I must have been thinking of NorthFork Virginia.
Any way I have reservations at the Mora AmericInn
Friday night. I have Blue tooth in the helmet so you can call any time Friday and we can meet.
Here is the story about Ann01----At Lammonts BBQ she "lent" me a Diet Pepsi. So I drove to Deb's and Brian's 3x3 Lakes run--met up with Ann01 and her very nice husband for breakfast. (He's retired Military once gave orders----now has to take orders from you know who.)
I told her that I brought a Pepsi from Missouri and it was in my left saddle bag near the back. So I am a little delayed after breakfast because I was brushing my teeth after eating. When I get to the bike Ann01 is waiting by the saddle bag, arms crossed and tapping her foot. When I look for the Pepsi its GONE.
I go to the nearest store get her another-----I get the feeling its not enough so later I get another one in upper Michigan. Then she was friendly.
Thats all I have to say about that.
smilingene

SpyderAnn01
09-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Gene you are a silly, silly man! It was a Diet Coke I lent you at Lamont's.

RTGENE
09-21-2011, 08:11 AM
I must have mixed up all the names.

Ms.Ann and the man
Why not come along on this weekend ride???

SpyderAnn01
09-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Gene I would love to go this weekend but we are running out of money for trips. We have one more scheduled for this year and that is to visit the grandkids in NC in October. Saturday we are volunteering at the Wounded Warriors ride here in MI.

Also, the weather doesn't look so good for the weekend and if we came you would blame the bad weather on me.

Iowaspyderlove
09-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Paula,

After much haggling and trading the chaperoning of the Homecoming dance for prom(believe me I got the worst end of that deal) it looks like Steve and I are going to join the ride. We will again be camping at the fairgrounds in Cambridge(brrrrr) and then ride on up Saturday AM. It was so pretty the last ride that with the trees turning it should be even better this time. So say a pray for us that the pillows don't fly, we don't get lost in Minneapolis and the campground is still open and we should be set. I don't think that we could ever have anymore go wrong then on that maiden voyage we took up to the first ride pulling the camper. Looking forward to meeting more people and hearing about your new job Paula.

Steve and Mary

Paula(Butch2025)
09-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Paula,

After much haggling and trading the chaperoning of the Homecoming dance for prom(believe me I got the worst end of that deal) it looks like Steve and I are going to join the ride. We will again be camping at the fairgrounds in Cambridge(brrrrr) and then ride on up Saturday AM. It was so pretty the last ride that with the trees turning it should be even better this time. So say a pray for us that the pillows don't fly, we don't get lost in Minneapolis and the campground is still open and we should be set. I don't think that we could ever have anymore go wrong then on that maiden voyage we took up to the first ride pulling the camper. Looking forward to meeting more people and hearing about your new job Paula.

Steve and Mary

:clap: So glad you and Steve are coming...if the campground is closed, Les said people could camp out by their garage too. If that would work better give him a call to set it up. Put my order in for nice weather, we're getting the icky stuff out of the way right now. See you Saturday!
--Paula

Paula(Butch2025)
09-22-2011, 07:27 PM
2 more days until our Fall Color Ryde, starating at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN. We will be meeting there at 9am and taking off at 10am. We'll stop for gas and food along the way and photo stops too. Then everyone's coming back to Caswell's for a pot-luck supper.

Hope to see all you Minnesota SpyderLovers there. --Paula

RTGENE
09-22-2011, 09:03 PM
OH PAULA
Two days for you-----I leave in the morning.
smilingene

SpyderAnn01
09-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Gene have a great trip.

RTGENE
09-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks Ms Ann
Would you believe I leave at 40 something degrees in the morning.
Its warmer in Minnesota------go figure.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks Ms Ann
Would you believe I leave at 40 something degrees in the morning.
Its warmer in Minnesota------go figure.

That's fall in MN...t-shirts one moment and sweatshirts the next...do you have a trailer Gene for all your gear! Travel safe...I'll give you a call when I get home from work and see where you are to possibly meet up with you.
--Paula

SethO
09-22-2011, 11:31 PM
it was 36 tonight but good riding. Might run to longville on Friday and come down on Saturday from there.

Big Arm
09-23-2011, 11:14 AM
:yes: I'm heading your way.......see you all tomorrow morning in Mora...:yes:

Leaving Sioux City now.............ryde safe.....Larry

Paula(Butch2025)
09-23-2011, 04:25 PM
:yes: I'm heading your way.......see you all tomorrow morning in Mora...:yes:

Leaving Sioux City now.............ryde safe.....Larry

Wow! What a surprise...It'll be nice see you and catch up again.:clap:

Paula(Butch2025)
09-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Ann, here's proof that Gene actually bought "sodas" and delivered!3345733456:2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
09-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Two Diet Cokes from Gene the Pepsi man! It looks like you had a really nice day for your ride. When will you be posting your pictures? I saw the one you posted on FB.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Two Diet Cokes from Gene the Pepsi man! It looks like you had a really nice day for your ride. When will you be posting your pictures? I saw the one you posted on FB.

It was a great day - started our foggy and cool (35 degrees) but the sun broke thru after lunch and it got really nice in the afternoon. We put on over 200 miles by the time we got home that evening - nice day trip!

I just got done make an album on here so you can check it out now. Hope your ride went well too. --Paula

Paula(Butch2025)
09-25-2011, 11:25 AM
We had a great turn out for our Fall Color Ryde - 10 Spyders, 6 motorcycles all in all 21 people! Not bad for a day that started out foggy and only 35 degrees! We knew RTGene was joining us, the North Branch Boys (Terry, who works with Butch, Robert & Bill) asked to join us, I also got a message from IowaSpyderLove saying they were coming back up to join us this weekend, then on Friday morning I got a message from BigArm Larry that he was coming too! All of these besides our usual crew!

Our ride started out with a photo stop in the town of Mora at their fairgrounds by the giant Dala Horse (very Scandinavian town!) at which time we discovered we had already lost RTGene! 50 miles later in Sandstone there he was waiting for us at the gas station with his escort, Brad, from Caswell's! Why this did not surprise me and all you either, I just don't know!

We they headed up on Hwy 23 - Veteran's Memorial Highway through some beautiful scenery and big sweeping curves and hills to a great lookout at the top of the hill. We sort of took over the parking area and of course attracted a lot of attention even from the HD crowd too.

From there we cruised downhill to the town of Fond du Lac and the entrance to Jay Cooke State Park, which is the closest thing to the Dragon you'll get here in Minnesota. As Seth was tell the North Branch Boys on the sport bikes, there are some pretty technical turns, down to 15 mph on this stretch of Hwy 210, so take it seriously, but have fun! Seth pulled over to give everyone else a 5 minute headstart before he zipped up thru the park. Of course he caught up to everyone before we even go to the end of the park! We stopped by the St. Louis River Bridge for another photo op, then headed into the town of Carlton for lunch at the Cozy Cafe. Good thing Les called ahead to let them know we were all coming in - they had tables pulled together and all set up for us, well 15 of us, we had to add another table.

After lunch we headed west on Hwy 210 thru McGregor then turned south on 65 back to Mora. We had a little miss cue on a turn and Les had to chase down a few strays, so Kaye lead us down a nice back road to meet up with them on 65. Everyone gathered back a Caswell's for a pot-luck supper and lots of good conversation. It was a great day filled with lots of good people and memories.

To see photos from the trip check out the album titled Fall Color Ryde 2011. -- Paula

RTGENE
09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
WELLwould you believe I was half way thru my stories and this guy fell asleep.33692

spyderlady50
09-26-2011, 02:43 PM
WELLwould you believe I was half way thru my stories and this guy fell asleep.33692
it was so great to meet you all and a great ride