PDA

View Full Version : Bar-b-q at my house Sunday, Sept 4

flamingobabe
08-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Just wanted to extend an invitation to come to my house this weekend on Sunday, Sept 4th at about 4pm....we will be cooking something.....would like to have a head count by Friday if possible....don't know how big this will get...we just decided to do it....we will have water and coke, diet coke, cherry lime-aid, rootbeer, if you need anything special...bring it.....there is a little store close....if you want to come in a car or truck...we understand..it is HOT!!!! we have a Walmart special swim pool...so if you want to cool off bring a swim suit...we are real causal....would love to see some Spyder people...call if you need or have ???? 281-684-9216

hotglue
08-30-2011, 07:36 AM
We will be cookin Brisket, ribs, chicken and sausage....Hmmm Hmmm Hmmmm:thumbup:

Lamonster
08-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Man I wish I could pull this off but there's noway. For all you SpyderLovers out there I can tell you this is worth going to and it will kill my BBQ food wise.
nojoke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X12ib_Dc5cg

harleyRick
08-31-2011, 01:06 PM
:doorag:Terri and I would like to stop by if we can, don't count us in but we'll try to stop by and meet some folks. :chat: Will you send directions or do we just drive around until we find it LOL.:dontknow:

flamingobabe
08-31-2011, 01:30 PM
HarleyRick...sent you a PM...:2excited:that ya'll are coming....

harleyRick
08-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Cool ! :thumbup:

twain
08-31-2011, 08:31 PM
I will also try to make it.

Eagle Eye
08-31-2011, 09:56 PM
We would love to be there and meet all of you but the Spyder Ryders of North Texas is holding back for a cool day to travel that far. We appreciate the invite. We hope to meet you another time.:thumbup:

Best regards,

Larry "Eagle Eye" Corrales
Director- Spyder Ryders Of North Texas
http://www.SpyderRydersOfNorthTexas.com
blindfury@tx.rr.com
:spyder2:

SteveMac
08-31-2011, 10:22 PM
If I only lived about ten hours closer. . .!

SPYDERPOPS
09-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Where in Texas is this?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.436797,-93.277864

Yazz
09-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Where in Texas is this?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.436797,-93.277864

South of Houston. FlamingoBabe can give your more precise directions.

harleyRick
09-01-2011, 11:54 AM
South of Houston. FlamingoBabe can give your more precise directions.

You need to come I want to hear about AK:clap:.

flamingobabe
09-01-2011, 12:42 PM
WOW this is getting exciting......

SPYDERPOPS
Where in Texas is this? "Friendswood texas is the closest to us...but they (who are they???) gave us an address in Pearland...I sent you a PM"
---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.436797,-93.277864 (http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.436797,-93.277864)

OZZIE....excited that y'all are coming sent pm

EAGLE EYE...maybe next time

STEVEMAC...make it an adventure......

TWAIN...excite to meet you...sent pm

YAZZ....hope you are feeling better and can make it down for the day......

mdimaline
09-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Just wanted to extend an invitation to come to my house this weekend on Sunday, Sept 4th at about 4pm....we will be cooking something.....would like to have a head count by Friday if possible....don't know how big this will get...we just decided to do it....we will have water and coke, diet coke, cherry lime-aid, rootbeer, if you need anything special...bring it.....there is a little store close....if you want to come in a car or truck...we understand..it is HOT!!!! we have a Walmart special swim pool...so if you want to cool off bring a swim suit...we are real causal....would love to see some Spyder people...call if you need or have ???? 281-684-9216

Wife and I will try to make it but it's not a sure thing.....don't plan on us but don't be surprised if we show up either........can I get some directions please? Thanks......

Dar
09-01-2011, 07:51 PM
I may be able to make it later in the day. If I don't have to work all day. Send me your location. I am in baytown.

twain
09-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Hey Dar hope to see you again. Ozzie will be nice to meet you also looks like we will have several Spyders meeting up at Stubbs. Flamingbabe, look forward to meeting you as well and thanks for the invite.

flamingobabe
09-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Dar...we will eat about 5'ish...bring it on...looking forward to meeting y'all...sent you a pm

mdimaline....sent y'all a pm.....looking forward to meeting y'all

This is so exciting to have Spyder people showing up.....

glynnk
09-02-2011, 10:04 PM
May make it Sunday...just need to see how things work out tomorrow. It would be good to see you again.

Glynn

lil rabbit
09-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Hey Sis,

Man I wish Josh and I could be there. Hope you guys have a great turn out, you guys usually do. Josh and I are going to the coast today after he gets off work. I will take some pictures and post them when I get home. Got my new jacket and it fits great and I am glad I got the small size. Ok you guys take care and hopefully you will get some rain but hopefully not Sunday.

Love YA'LL
Bruce:ohyea::2thumbs:

SPYDERPOPS
09-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Sorry, I can't make it. The damage to my Spyder was too extensive to repair in one day, may take a week or so to get parts now.

Rando
09-03-2011, 07:57 PM
The damage to my Spyder was too extensive to repair in one day, may take a week or so to get parts now.What happened?

hotglue
09-04-2011, 01:21 AM
Hey Sis,

Man I wish Josh and I could be there. Hope you guys have a great turn out, you guys usually do. Josh and I are going to the coast today after he gets off work. I will take some pictures and post them when I get home. Got my new jacket and it fits great and I am glad I got the small size. Ok you guys take care and hopefully you will get some rain but hopefully not Sunday.

Love YA'LL
Bruce:ohyea::2thumbs:
lil rabbit is my Flamingobabe's brother..... he came down to visit us in July.....Always a pleasure.... and rode FB's Spyder... went home and bought one !!!!!!!! MAN ya couldn't wipe the smile off his face when he got back from riding the Spyder!!!!! Welcome Brother!!!!Can't wait ta see ya next summer!!!!! Alaska.. here we come!!!
hotglue..... Flamingobabe's Lesser 1/2.... LOL

hotglue
09-04-2011, 01:31 AM
OK!! the brisket ar on the pit!!!!!!
got them on around 9pm...... should be good to go tomorrow evening!!!!!!! 20 hours on the pit does it Just Right!!!!!!!! about 1:30 now... will go out... check the temps on the pit.... add some wood.... try ta catch a few winks.... check it again in the mornig.. around 0500....then get in the "party mode" .... well ..... after I get the ribs, chickens, and sausage on the pit.....FB has the slaw and potatoe salad made!!!!!
Sounds like it's time ta marinate the cooks!!!!!!

hotglue
09-04-2011, 04:51 AM
0450 hrs..... pit looks good... added some wood.....

flamingobabe
09-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Sorry, I can't make it. The damage to my Spyder was too extensive to repair in one day, may take a week or so to get parts now.

Bummer....next time...the big Bar-b-q is the weekend of March 30, 31 and April 1st 2012....Gatherin' of the Fools last year there were about 170 people...this one is only about 40- 50 people...hope the Spyder is OK......

Dar
09-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Got my hat . I am ready:D

flamingobabe
09-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Got my hat . I am ready:D

Dar...get on your Spyder and head this way...4 hours....I-10 to Beltway 8 to 45 south to exit 2351 right... 5 miles and that's it...love the hat!!

twain
09-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Flamingo Babe, you and Hotglue sure do know how to throw a shinding and put out the welcome mat. Was a pleasure to meet both of you. Hotglue the food was excellent! Was good to also see other Spyder Riders, Rick and Terry, Glynn and Dar. Hope to see everyone again soon.

glynnk
09-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Flamingobabe/Hotglue---What can I say...great BBQ with all the fixins and with some old and new friends! Perfect combination. Y'all know how to put on a party! Good to see Harley Rick, Terri, Twain and Dar holding down the Spyder end of things. If there had been an eating contest between Valkyrie and Spyder folks, I think us Spyder ryders would have walked away with the trophy! Charlyne/Mark, thank you both for your warm hospitality. Look forward to seeing you two again soon.

Glynnk

Phil
09-04-2011, 09:27 PM
WISHED we could have made it down. Someday!

Dar
09-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Flamingobabe/Hotglue Good folks! Good food! Glad to have met yall. Like long lost friends. Not good with names but good to see some new faces and the old ones.
Well after 3 months in the Houston area I will be heading back to Louisiana (may have to swim). Should be back around Jan. or Feb.
Lamont is correct about the food and FB and Hotglue! Here are a few pics below for what yall missed!

harleyRick
09-05-2011, 09:23 AM
:yes: Lamonster I know you're going to hate to hear this after the dues you've paid, But you should have been there last night !!!! Flamingobabe Hotglue Thanks for every thing it was all perfect. Terri and I had a great time.:ohyea::clap: Mark :firstplace:

Lamonster
09-05-2011, 09:32 AM
:yes: Lamonster I know you're going to hate to hear this after the dues you've paid, But you should have been there last night !!!! Flamingobabe Hotglue Thanks for every thing it was all perfect. Terri and I had a great time.:ohyea::clap: Mark :firstplace:I missed two great BBQ's this weekend :(

hotglue
09-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Lamont..... you need ta take a break and get out more!!!!!! I know Yogi was cookin up at Vickies' and that's just down the road from Ya....!!!! Hope ya can make it here for the Gatherin' 'O' the Fools!!!!!! We love havin the Spyder folks come by!!!! They seemed ta like the BBQ!!!!!! LOL I think they will give the Valk folks a run for the money in a eatin contest!!!!:clap:

harleyRick
09-07-2011, 05:01 PM
I'll try to hold up my end !!!:popcorn: