PDA

View Full Version : OYSTER RUN

truck 85
08-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Hey all it is all most time for the Oyster Run (sep 25) who is in and do we want to meet in the same place?
:2excited:

spyderdan
08-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Hey we'll be there! Staying downtown in Anacordes, where do you have in mind to meet up with?

truck 85
08-28-2011, 11:02 PM
we have met in LaConner at the the calliaco i think that is the name. My guess would be there agine and then we can all ryde in to town togather.
But any input you have would be appreciated.

Neez
08-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Hey we'll be there! Staying downtown in Anacordes, where do you have in mind to meet up with?Place is called the Calico Cupboard Old Town Cafe, 720 First Street, La Conner. We meet on the morning of the Oyster Run. I guess the Seattle guys will set the time as the event gets nearer. In previous years , time of meet was 7:30 AM. I plan to be there, too.

Seattle
08-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Hoping to make it again this year ryding my own Spyder and possibly snagging others to join our group. However, should the weather Gods decide to make it another rainfest, I hope I'll be able to ride as pillion again with Wukka (aka Joe) "if" he has an open seat available which I thoroughly enjoyed - he's a good driver! :2thumbs:

~Cindy

truck 85
08-30-2011, 01:07 AM
Place is called the Calico Cupboard Old Town Cafe, 720 First Street, La Conner. We meet on the morning of the Oyster Run. I guess the Seattle guys will set the time as the event gets nearer. In previous years , time of meet was 7:30 AM. I plan to be there, too.

I also think we should let the Seattle ryders set the time.

cant wait to see seattle Wukka & Riot and have a nother great Oyster run \ rain fest eather way it will be good ryde good friends and good time.

PS. I forget the name but the ryder from lynwood hope to see you to.

wukka
09-06-2011, 02:57 PM
However, should the weather Gods decide to make it another rainfest, I hope I'll be able to ride as pillion again with Wukka (aka Joe) "if" he has an open seat available which I thoroughly enjoyed - he's a good driver! :2thumbs:

~Cindy

Yeah...
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n391/jomion/rainman.png
...I'm an EXCELLENT driver...Excellent driver...

;)

wukka
09-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey all it is all most time for the Oyster Run (sep 25) who is in and do we want to meet in the same place?
:2excited:

I'll plan a route in the next day or two and post, with the intent of meeting up at Calico Cupboard in La Connor at 7:30AM. Check back by Friday... :)

truck 85
09-07-2011, 12:50 AM
cant waite and yes you are a excellent driver :roflblack: :shemademe_smilie:

wukka
09-07-2011, 10:10 PM
HERE WE GO!!! ROUTE TO OYSTER RUN!!!

Please note that the times listed here ARE DEPARTURE TIMES, so be sure to be at your closest locale BEFORE that time.
Yes, all times are AM on Sunday, September 25th.

05:30 - Depart from Starbucks, 13038 Interurban Avenue, Tukwila, WA
...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/7p52v

06:00 - Depart from Northgate Mall (in Front of Nordstrom's), 401 NE Northgate Way, Seattle, WA
...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/hzhx9

06:45 - Depart from Smokey Point Rest Stop, Just North of Exit 206
...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/qrjgd

07:30 - Arrive at Calico Cupboard Old Town Cafe, 720 1st Street, La Conner, WA
...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/whsf8

GIANT CINNAMON ROLLS!!!

08:45 - Depart for Oyster Run, Anacortes, WA
...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/my2f3

We will take the most direct route to get to Anacortes A.S.A.P. Perhaps we can take the leisurely way home going south...And as always, let me know if you have any questions...

truck 85
09-08-2011, 03:26 AM
:2thumbs:

spyderdan
09-08-2011, 10:45 AM
We're checking into Anacortes Saturday, but plan to ryde down and meet everyone at Calico's Sunday morning at 7:30 and ryde back to Anacortes with everyone. Looking forward to it!

Dan & Jewell

wukka
09-08-2011, 08:53 PM
We're checking into Anacortes Saturday, but plan to ryde down and meet everyone at Calico's Sunday morning at 7:30 and ryde back to Anacortes with everyone. Looking forward to it!

Dan & Jewell

That is awesome!!! Looking forward to seeing you again...

spyderdan
09-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Any idea on how many are coming Sunday?

Radthorne
09-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Radgirl and I will try to make it, meeting up at Northgate. May depend on weather or other commitments. We'll know as we get a little closer.

draboo
09-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I will attempt to intercept the group as you exit I-5 @ exit 221 (assuming you will be taking that exit to LaConner) at the first gas station on the right in Conway.

But, man,..that's AWFULLY EARLY for a RETIRED GUY to be MOTIVATING! Good thing someone mentioned GIANT CINNAMON ROLLS ! :D

truck 85
09-12-2011, 01:01 PM
not sure which is better the the cinimon rolls or the oysters :dontknow::dontknow: but when you add in the friends it is a great time worth getting up that early

Meditron
09-13-2011, 07:01 PM
I need to get mine into the store for a riser bar install. If I can get that done before the 25th, I will be there :D

lil rabbit
09-14-2011, 12:51 AM
I am a new owner of a spyder and I will try to make the trip. Would like to meet other Spyder owners. :thumbup:

wukka
09-15-2011, 12:31 AM
So far the response has been nothing short of AMAZING!

This is looking to be a HUGE Spyder representation at the Oyster Run.

Hoping to see everyone there. Will get a final tally when we are within a week away.

chickenhoose
09-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Hi,
I am going to be visiting my daughter and grandkids in Silverdale at this time. I would love to be a part of your trip. I have contacted Brothers in Bremerton to see if they would rent a spyder while on vacation. I havn't heard back from them.
I own a 2011 rts in so. Illinois.

chillicpl
09-16-2011, 10:37 PM
The Red Rocket is out of the shop (still vibrating but that's another thread) so me & the Mrs will meet up with you at the Calico Cupboard. We're staying over Saturday night in Sedro Woolley so we don't have to get up at 5am! that's just way too early!

See you all soon
Bruce & Rose

truck 85
09-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Place is called the Calico Cupboard Old Town Cafe, 720 First Street, La Conner. We meet on the morning of the Oyster Run. I guess the Seattle guys will set the time as the event gets nearer. In previous years , time of meet was 7:30 AM. I plan to be there, too.

so we can meet at the alger at 7:00

Riot
09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Hey guys, I plan to be there.When I got back my puter aint gettin on the to internet, borrowed a buddies to check the board. I will shoot for the 5:30 leave at starbucks. If plans change at all I just sent Joe a pm to call me instead of using the computer. Cya sun Troy

Oneeyed
09-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Will try to make it

truck 85
09-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Hey guys, I plan to be there.When I got back my puter aint gettin on the to internet, borrowed a buddies to check the board. I will shoot for the 5:30 leave at starbucks. If plans change at all I just sent Joe a pm to call me instead of using the computer. Cya sun Troy

looking forward to it :clap:

wukka
09-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Okay...From the count from this forum, and a few more by e-mail, I have us at 14 Spyder Ryders to the Oyster Run on Sunday!!! An all-time high! :)

I will call the Calico today to let them know that they should be expecting a full house first thing on Sunday morning...Looking forward to the ryde. :ohyea:

guinness
09-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Gonna miss it this year... You all have a great time and see ya down the road!

wally69
09-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Sorry I won't make it this year. I just pulled in to Reno. Giving Street Vibrations a look this year. I hope you guys have a dry one this year.

Seattle
09-23-2011, 02:00 PM
How many will bow out now that forecast calls for 70% precip on Sunday? I'm still interested to go, but may need to ride as a passenger with Joe again, who's a very good driver. :p

Radthorne
09-23-2011, 05:09 PM
How many will bow out now that forecast calls for 70% precip on Sunday? I'm still interested to go, but may need to ride as a passenger with Joe again, who's a very good driver. :p

I'd say it's likely Radgirl and I may have to pass. I've not driven in the rain yet, nor in the dark, nor in a large group. We're thinking that's one too many first-time-variables for a 70 mph jaunt up the freeway... We'd really like to go, since we want to meet all the Puget Sound area Spyder riders, but the weather may do us in. We'll make a decision on Saturday, if it still looks like downpour on Sunday, so no one's searching for us floating away at Northgate. :D

draboo
09-23-2011, 06:20 PM
I'd say it's likely Radgirl and I may have to pass. I've not driven in the rain yet, nor in the dark, nor in a large group. We're thinking that's one too many first-time-variables for a 70 mph jaunt up the freeway... We'd really like to go, since we want to meet all the Puget Sound area Spyder riders, but the weather may do us in. We'll make a decision on Saturday, if it still looks like downpour on Sunday, so no one's searching for us floating away at Northgate. :D

If you would like to go and not ride in the group, leave alone, a bit early, and stop at our place. We can join the tail end of the pack in Conway and follow to LaConner if that would make you feel more comfortable.

Radthorne
09-23-2011, 06:39 PM
If you would like to go and not ride in the group, leave alone, a bit early, and stop at our place. We can join the tail end of the pack in Conway and follow to LaConner if that would make you feel more comfortable.

Thanks, Brad! Let me check with Radgirl and get her thoughts. I'll let you know.

Radthorne
09-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Well, we dealt with one variable this evening - since the weather was so nice, we went out and rode after dark to get some practice at that. Radgirl's coming around to my way of thinking, but we'll see by tomorrow how successful I am in my efforts at getting her on board with the adventure... ;)

Radthorne
09-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Okay, I think we're gonna go anyway, and test out the new rain gear. :D We'll go ahead and meet up with the group in Northgate at 6:00.

draboo
09-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Okay, I think we're gonna go anyway, and test out the new rain gear. :D We'll go ahead and meet up with the group in Northgate at 6:00.

ATTABOY! :)