PDA

View Full Version : Do you ladies do your own mods?

SpydherLuv
08-28-2011, 12:28 AM
I'm curious to know how many of us do our own mods. If so, what have you done?

I have an RT-S now and have, so far, installed the HMT LED light (3rd brake light). When I had the GS, I installed a comfort seat, spring mod for the frunk, ESI risers, up and out mirror extensions, ESI brake light, kuryakyn ISO grips, touring windshield, and HID headlights.
:popcorn:

Phantom888
08-28-2011, 11:21 AM
I do (2009 RS Phantom)

ground effect lights
passanger foot peg extenstions
passanger back rest with sport rack
electric truck release
garage door opener

more to come when more money comes

M109Dreamer
08-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Yes I do, but I'm just the mechanic on the wifes :spyder2:. 2011 RT-S SE5
Fender TIPS
TricLED fender lights
Front & Rear Bright Sides
HMT 3rd Brake Light
Mud Flap LED's
Stebel Air Horn

SpydherLuv
08-28-2011, 06:10 PM
For those gentlemen who responded to this thread, I'm not sure if you realized that you were in the Lady SpyderLovers forum, but the question was directed to the women who do their own mods. Since most men (I know, not all), do their own mechanical work, I was more interested in knowing how many ladies work on their Spyder's.

Men are welcome to lurk, but please respect the fact that the ladies wanted to have a separate place to chat with one another. We don't hate you, just need a break from you every now and then. ;)

Blue Star
08-28-2011, 06:17 PM
For those gentlemen who responded to this thread, I'm not sure if you realized that you were in the Lady SpyderLovers forum, but the question was directed to the women who do their own mods. Since most men (I know, not all), do their own mechanical work, I was more interested in knowing how many ladies work on their Spyder's.

Men are welcome to lurk, but please respect the fact that the ladies wanted to have a separate place to chat with one another. We don't hate you, just need a break from you every now and then. ;)

I am sorry, I did not realize this :opps:. I deleted my post.

SpyderAnn01
08-28-2011, 06:32 PM
You can't blame the guys for responding. If most of them use SpyderLovers like I do they look at New Posts and seldom notice what forum the post is in.

Blue Star
08-28-2011, 06:39 PM
You can't blame the guys for responding. If most of them use SpyderLovers like I do they look at New Posts and seldom notice what forum the post is in.

Dat be me :D Oh dang, there I do again, posting in the wrong forum :gaah:

SpyderAnn01
08-28-2011, 06:43 PM

Me too! I didn't realize it was in the Ladies Forum until I got into it and saw the title for a second time.

SpydherLuv
08-28-2011, 06:44 PM

No worries Blue Star :thumbup:

SpyderDen
08-28-2011, 07:13 PM

Men are welcome to lurk, but please respect the fact that the ladies wanted to have a separate place to chat with one another. We don't hate you, just need a break from you every now and then. ;):thumbup::roflblack::roflblack:

Dentin028
08-28-2011, 08:46 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cla p:

Dentin028
08-28-2011, 08:50 PM
I usually help hubby with this mods.. so now I help him with mine.. He has done the lights before. I have to say I put 2 of the spyderpop things by myself.. but I can't tell you the name of what it was... LOL.. :dontknow: can't help it... but hey I can remove the panels, put them back on.. check the oil..etc.. I'm willing to learn:ohyea:

It's a lot easier to work on my RSS than on hubby's RT.. :2thumbs:

BumbleBee
08-28-2011, 09:16 PM
NADA!!!! :roflblack:

Husband did 1 mod, not that I do not trust him, the rest my CowTown USA Tech's do :2thumbs:

klw
08-28-2011, 09:47 PM
My husband does the mods. My son washes it for me....I don't clean it the way he likes it..So I'm a spoiled ??? What's wrong with getting on it and ryding... I do know how to change the oil and check
the fuses ;) I do gas it up.

Happy 08:spyder:owner

M109Dreamer
08-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Yes I do, but I'm just the mechanic on the wifes :spyder2:. 2011 RT-S SE5
Fender TIPS
TricLED fender lights
Front & Rear Bright Sides
HMT 3rd Brake Light
Mud Flap LED's
Stebel Air Horn

Oooops, no I didn't see that.

vampyregirl
08-29-2011, 12:42 PM
I do!! I do!!!

ESI Risers (had to have some help from my dad on them...my pipe cutter broke while using it....:opps:), Kuryakan ISO grips, Spyderpops heatshield/missing air dam, dressed her up with decals too!! I have to put pics on here! I'm on vacation starting Saturday, so I'll try to do it then (when I'm not ryding ;)).

Thinking about accent lighting, but not sure when that will happen. It may wait until spring....

flamingobabe
08-29-2011, 12:59 PM
My husband does my mods and anything the bike needs.......I can take off the panels and put them back on.....I can check the oil....I can check the air pressure on tires and put air in.......there are some things he does and I do all the rest....I clean the house...wash all the clothes...cook all the food...do all the shopping.....do most of the garden and flower beds.....he does the heavy stuff I do all the rest....we think it's a fair trade.....I do wash all the bikes....usually.....Spyder... Harley...Valkyrie....what matters is that it works for you....I'm Happy

Yazz
08-29-2011, 07:16 PM
To me, there is nothing more satisfying than working on my own ryde.

Have put on GloRyders, mud flap lights, spyderweb inserts, SpyderPops Air Management System, Missing Belt Guard, Evo Swaybar, Juice Box, new Y gaskets, and change my own oil when not on the road.

Hubby helps when I need a little extra grunt and when jacking Spydee up. (We always have two people present when jacking anything up. Its a safety thang...)

Thanks to SpyderLovers, working on your ryde is easier than you think. :thumbup:

CJ/johnnyg
08-30-2011, 06:00 AM
Hubby does all that for me. He's incharge of the spyders. I'm incharge of the inside of the house stuff and he does the out side other than weeding:gaah:, I just get to ride when ever I want to:clap:

stillriding
08-30-2011, 02:30 PM

Then please forgive me for providing some information that lissy requested in her post #35 in the Spyderfest 2012 thread and her expression of thanks in post #37 in that thread.

ThreeFeet
08-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Nope I hand over all the big stuff to the Cowtown Crew they know a whole lot more about how to take her apart AND put her back together without any left over parts!!!! Give me a 350 engine and I can take THAT apart and put back together ..............BUT there may be parts left over. Check the oil and tires when I remember to do so!!! Fight with the plastic not one of my fun things to do.

spyderdreamer
08-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Oooops, no I didn't see that.

And I love that you do my mods for me/us!
:clap:I help with all that needs to be done but he does such great work I hate to step on his toes! :D

Questions
08-30-2011, 06:31 PM
I am sorry, I did not realize this :opps:. I deleted my post.

I appreciate any post any time and anywhere on this site.........:O)

OneBadPenny
08-30-2011, 10:39 PM

Well put friend :agree:

OneBadPenny
08-30-2011, 10:57 PM
And to answer the original question -- no, my husband does all the work on both bikes.

kytten
09-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I did not do the Heli-Bars or the power outlet. The rest (minor stuff so far) I did. I'm worried about messing with power stuff, so I may not do the lights myself either. We'll have to see.

I have the air dam and will be putting that on myself, unless something goes horribly wrong. I'm considering a new seat as well, which I plan to do myself.

DaGrlz
11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I did the following mod's on our Spyder: HMT Brake Light, ESI Rear & Front Brightside, LED Mud Flap Light, Ram Mount for Phone and Glo-Riders. The Spyder Pop items were installed at Lamont's BBQ, got a great deal on parts with install too. Corbin Armrests, 12 volt Frunk outlet and BRP hitch were installed by the dealer when we purchased the Spyder in March.

Most are easy to do, you just need to take your time.

My winter project is an additional fuse box, to run heated gear and add more lighting.

Love2Ride
11-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I do all my own work.

I've done all my lights (too many to mention) Even have a side business installing lights on bikes.
I've done foot pegs, the backrest, put on my (and my husband's) wraps. And I recently learned how to change the oil. Next I'm going to be changing the gaskets for the exhaust. :) I love it!

Tho my hands aren't very feminine.:(

mosslips
11-08-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm curious to know how many of us do our own mods. If so, what have you done?

I have an RT-S now and have, so far, installed the HMT LED light (3rd brake light). When I had the GS, I installed a comfort seat, spring mod for the frunk, ESI risers, up and out mirror extensions, ESI brake light, kuryakyn ISO grips, touring windshield, and HID headlights.
:popcorn:

Hubby and I work on our bikes together. It's good time for us.
With our current rides, my spyder being the one we have done mods on at this point, we did simple things, grip puppies, DIY Frunk spring hands free opener, DIY heat managment, and we fixed a wiring issue it had with the running lights. next is a riser block, just have to find the time, that's why its good for us to do it together. One of the most fun things we did was build a DIY trailer for his last bike which we will use with his new Victory and the hitch. That was for his Vulcan 800. The Vulcan is gone, but the hitch is still in the garage.

JacqueTanis
01-31-2014, 12:53 AM
:gaah:

Cruzr Joe
01-31-2014, 09:29 AM

I agree, Ooops i am in the Ladies room. :shocked:

Cruzr Joe

Olddood
01-31-2014, 09:34 AM
Make sure you put the seat down before leaving Joe.

Vrooom
02-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Obviously, it takes very little enticement for these guys to respond and try to control this thread.

Yes, I am learning to do more on the spyder, like basic maintenance, though my farkles are few so far. Learning much from all the forums, where most of the postings are by the boys. Everyone is generous with sharing their knowledge.

araknd
02-02-2014, 08:21 AM
No, I don't, to many back surgeries to bend. I come up with ideas and either my husband or Fun Center do the work...or some custom stuff. :-)

vondalyn
03-01-2014, 02:02 PM
I've done some minor mods myself, but most of the time it's a cooperative effort. He took the fenders off when we added the LED turn signals but my hands are smaller, so I did all the wiring/zip ties in the tight areas. Both of us are curious about how the Spyder is put together, so we usually work on it together so we can learn more about it.

I'm still afraid to take the rear-view mirrors off! It just seems like I'm going to break them. If he wasn't around and I needed to do it, I'd get over it in a hurry though.

mcpjan
08-14-2014, 08:39 AM
I just got my Spyder last week and have not had a chance to mod anything yet. I do have the ISCI handbrake on its way. I plan on a few other things and I plan on doing them myself. I really like hands with my Toys. My husband will watch but really has no clue. That is just not his cup of tea.