PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Thousand + Bike Rally in Freeport Saturday Sept 3rd

twain
08-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Benefiting the military moms and wives of Brazoria County. Meet up at Stubbs HD on 4400 Telephone Rd Houston Tx. Registration is 8:30 am and KSU at 9:00 am. Next stop is GOE HD in Angleton to pick up more bikers at 1350 S. Hwy 288B in Angleton Tx. Arrive in Angleton at 10:00 and KSU at 11:00. There is a $5.00 wristband that will need to be purchased for the ride to get onto the fairgrounds in Freeport. Motorcycles will be in a parade on 2nd St in Freeport to kick off the Summertime Blues Festival. Anyone interested in this ride can meet at either Stubbs or GOE HD. Looks like this may be a good time and for a good cause.

ozzie
08-31-2011, 09:44 AM
i plan on attending this ride down to freeport from stubbs. hope to see a few more spyders, its been awhile.

harleyRick
08-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Twain I'll try to see you guys at Goes.

twain
09-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Ozzie I will meet you at Stubbs

FmfTxs
09-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Twain,
I will meet you at Stubbs, I have four tickets at will call for the event.

Rick & Bonnie

glynnk
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Twain--I'm planning on seeing you at Stubbs. Possibly tag along with Rick and Bonnie.

Glynn

Arch
09-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Twain--I'm planning on seeing you at Stubbs. Possibly tag along with Rick and Bonnie.

Glynn

Glynn,

Do you have a meeting place and time, I would like to make this one, if work doesn't get in the way.

Ed

twain
09-01-2011, 08:36 PM
maybe everyone who plans on meeting up at Stubbs should meet somewhere a little early so we can al ride in together and as a group in the run. There is a IHOP close to I45 behind the what a burger next to Home Depot. Any ideas on this let the group know? Would be nice to see several Spyders riding in together.

glynnk
09-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Glynn,

Do you have a meeting place and time, I would like to make this one, if work doesn't get in the way.

Ed

I sent Rick a PM asking about a meet place and time. I just did it 15-20 minutes ago and haven't heard back yet. If and when he responds, I'll get back to you. I'm sure we can work out a convenient meet up place.

Glynn

glynnk
09-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Glynn,

Ed

Ed--Sent you a PM about the meet-up.

Glynn

Arch
09-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Glynn,

Got your pm and looking like I can make this one. Don't know if Heather or Diane is going to come along but I will meet y'all at which ever place the group decides, just let me know where and when.

Ed

ozzie
09-02-2011, 09:18 AM
where is the meet-up spot and what time?

ozzie
09-02-2011, 09:22 AM
maybe everyone who plans on meeting up at Stubbs should meet somewhere a little early so we can al ride in together and as a group in the run. There is a IHOP close to I45 behind the what a burger next to Home Depot. Any ideas on this let the group know? Would be nice to see several Spyders riding in together.

this is at woodridge and I-45! sounds like a good meeting spot.

twain
09-02-2011, 01:29 PM
That is the spot Ozzie. Will meet you there at about 0800. Been out riding this morning and it actually feels pretty good. Hope this weather can hold out for the rest of the weekend.

glynnk
09-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Ed--Left you a phone message. We'll meet up at the Valero tomorrow morning and leave by 7:15 to meet up with Twain, Ozzie and some others at an IHOP on I-45 and Woodridge. Hope to see you in the morning.

Glynnk

Arch
09-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Glynn,

It will be better for me to run up 45 and meet y'all at the I-hop. See you about 8:00 at I-hop.

Ed

glynnk
09-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Wow! What a rally! I'd like to know how many bikes were in the parade from Stubbs all the way to Freeport. Seemed like we stretched for several miles. Nice event for a good cause and the weather, heat wise wasn't too bad. Ride home, however, was mighty windy. Twain, Ed and I filled up in Freeport for the ride back and with that strong head wind, by the time I got back to Cypress the fuel gauge was almost at the red fill mark. Nice to see Steve, and Ozzie and Kelly who I haven't seen in a while. Met a new Spyder rider Howard, I believe. Also, Wayne, Rick and Bonnie, and HarleyRick participated. Nice to see everyone. Now I'm thinking about the BBQ that Flamingobabe is putting on tomorrow afternoon.....

Glynnk

twain
09-03-2011, 07:03 PM
I agree with you Glynn, was a really good day. Glad to see so many people turn out. The motorcycle parade was kinda different. Hope to see you tomorrow at Flamingobabes.

Arch
09-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Made it back safe but worn out by the head wind. Great time with good people. Looking forward to doing it again.

Ed