PDA

View Full Version : rear trunk release

Questions
08-27-2011, 12:43 PM
My Spyder trunk will not open, the lock is open and both side storage units open but the rear does not, is there any way to open without damaging the covers?

NancysToy
08-27-2011, 07:05 PM
My Spyder trunk will not open, the lock is open and both side storage units open but the rear does not, is there any way to open without damaging the covers?
Other than pulling on the latch, and banging on the bottom of the lid with the palm of your hand at the same time, I can't think of a way. Are you sure it will not open? It does not pop up by itself, it merely unlatches and has to be open (at least half way) by hand before the gas shock takes over.

Questions
08-28-2011, 12:37 PM
I have tried all that you suggest but to no avail, the lid will not budge all that happens is my hand gets sore!

NancysToy
08-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I have tried all that you suggest but to no avail, the lid will not budge all that happens is my hand gets sore!
Very sorry to hear that. I would advise seeing a dealer. I can't say with certainty, but gaining access could cause some serious damage, and it would be better to have the dealer cause it, and replace all the damaged parts under warranty. I wish I knew a trick I could tell you.

Bob Denman
08-29-2011, 06:48 AM
(Monday's stupid question...)
Did you try pushing DOWN on the lid as you pulled the latch? Something might have got jammed and is putting enough pressure on the moving parts that they can't...Move!
I've got a left saddlebag that does that to me...