PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the Facebook Ladies

SpydherLuv
08-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Hey Ladies! If you're here because of my post on Facebook, :welcome:

Don't forget to friend each other when you get here. This will help with getting in touch with one another outside of public posts.

Let the chatter begin....or continue...:chat:

Questions
08-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Great idea to move to this site..look forward to having our fellow spyder ladies join us....

kyspydergal
08-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Hello to everyone from the Girls on Spyders facebook page!

ThreeFeet
08-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey Ladies! If you're here because of my post on Facebook, :welcome:

Don't forget to friend each other when you get here. This will help with getting in touch with one another outside of public posts.

Let the chatter begin....or continue...:chat:I don't do face book don't know how to use it or what ever but check into Lady spyderlovers almost every day. Just sent a PM to you I think. I hope I spelled all the right way. If any glitch in spelling it won't go soooo... Now what. Can we use this forum for chatting back and forth? As a REALLY DUMB internet user I would need LOTSA couching!!!

DocRags
08-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi, everyone! Tried to respond to this thread earlier, but there seemed to be something wrong with the site server (or my computer!). Looking forward to the FB ladies switching over to this forum for :chat: since it's easier to follow the threads here. We enjoyed meeting some of you during our ten week trip to the Northeast...managed to make it to 20 states, Washington DC and 2 Canadian provinces; 3 :spyder2: events--the BRP Owner's event in Maggie Valley, Spyderfest Magog in Magog Quebec and SITA in Lake Placid :2thumbs:. Really enjoyed the group rallies and rides, as well as riding in different terrain than we have at home but then again, I really enjoy our :spyder2: ANYwhere we go! ;) Looking forward to meeting more of you in the future...if anyone is ever in the Florida Panhandle, let me know! Sorry we couldn't arrange a ride together, Pat and Melinda.

AKspydergirl
08-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Just got a user name for spyderlovers.com - transferred conversations from FB Girls on Spyders.

Dentin028
08-27-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't do face book don't know how to use it or what ever but check into Lady spyderlovers almost every day. Just sent a PM to you I think. I hope I spelled all the right way. If any glitch in spelling it won't go soooo... Now what. Can we use this forum for chatting back and forth? As a REALLY DUMB internet user I would need LOTSA couching!!!

That's funny... I have more of a hard time using this site than Facebook.. Each has pros/cons. I have a hard time using some things here and takes me longer.. :dontknow:

For specific things like tech issues this is the best..

ruthie
08-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Just joined FB Girls of Spyders will check in every now and then but SpydrLovers.com I check in at least once a day unless I'm out riding. :D

SpydherLuv
08-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Just got a user name for spyderlovers.com - transferred conversations from FB Girls on Spyders.

Yeah! :welcome:

Florida girl
08-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Nice idea. I will be sure to do that soon. Things r a little crazy here now. We have evacuated
from the Jersey Shore where i live right on the water & have bad flooding sometimes with just a
simple rain. I am worried that i may not have a house or a Spyder when i get back! :yikes: :(. :pray: Right now I hear that things r not real good there so I decided to stop by the Spyder Lovers site to see what was going on & keep my mind occupied. When I am here I can dream about riding my
:f_spider: Hope to meet u all soon! :thumbup:

AutumnCat
08-28-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm over on FB Girls on Spyders, too. Have been here on SL for a few years.
I try to keep up on both sites.
~Janice

SpydherLuv
08-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Nice idea. I will be sure to do that soon. Things r a little crazy here now. We have evacuated
from the Jersey Shore where i live right on the water & have bad flooding sometimes with just a
simple rain. I am worried that i may not have a house or a Spyder when i get back! :yikes: :(. :pray: Right now I hear that things r not real good there so I decided to stop by the Spyder Lovers site to see what was going on & keep my mind occupied. When I am here I can dream about riding my

I've been watching the news and it looks like you're gonna get a beating soon. I hope you, your family, and of course, the Spyder make it through unscathed. :pray:
I look forward to hearing good news from you in the next couple of days. Take care!

currin20fan
08-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Hello there Ladies! We bought the white limited spyder in July so I'm still learning. We're taking it in for the 600 miles checkup on Wednesday. I've been searching this site and the can-am spyder forums since around May to see if the spyder is what i was looking for. Must have liked what I read. :D I am really enjoying it. I am only aware of two other spyders in my area but hopefully there will be more to come.

scooternana
08-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Hi everyone!! I'm here from the FB page!! :thumbup:

CJ/johnnyg
08-28-2011, 07:58 AM
I've been following spyderlovers for about a year now on johnnygs site and have had my own since I bought my own :spyder2: in May. This works for me. I can keep in touch and view the other threads at the same time. It will save alot of time. Can we add something to our profile that will let us know who is who from facebook. I was just getting use to some of the names on facebook.

SpyderLady
08-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Ladies, I am so glad you are all here. This is so much easier for some of us than Facebook, plus this site lists city/state, etc. Really believe both sites will serve all of us. We can use this for when we are needing lots of input and we can still use Facebook to just keep in touch daily. I am not sure I understand the "friend" thing on SpyderLovers... as I can see all that is posted. While I am pretty good at excel and most of the computer some of these sites really confuse me. LOL:gaah:

Dentin028
08-28-2011, 09:29 AM

Hope it all turns out good. :pray::pray::pray: for you!!

DynamoBT
08-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Just posting in this thread to introduce myself to new members. I've been a member of SL for some time. I'm retired, living in NH. Rode on two before the Spyder. But, not that long. I'm just more comfortable on the Spyder. Plus, hubby can ride on the back and we go places together. I'm pretty much a short day tripper because we have a dog at home we have to get back for. Some day before I croak I would love to get to a Spyderfest or BRP annual event. Who knows. It could happen.

I'd love to go for day rydes with local ryders. Anyone in NE close enough for a meet up, just shoot me a Private Message. I check SpyderLovers daily.

Hope to meet some of you gals in person at some point. Great to see so many women ryding!!!

FaranH
08-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey, ladies! I tend to be on FB more, but am on SpyderLovers a few times each week. I agree it's easier to keep a thread going on SL than on FB and hope we get more FB women to join us. It's just so good to see all of you and to hear about your Spyder experiencs:clap:

ThreeFeet
08-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Now that we have a few Ladies here on this thread my question is what kind of :spyder2:do you have and what color. As you all can see from my avatar both of mine are RED --------BEST AND FASTEST!!! oooops scratch the TWO thing! have only one now and then I changed my avatar and the one you are looking at is the only one I have it's the RT-S SE. and you thought YOU were confused??? gotchabeat on that one!!

bruisersbaby
08-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi, all! Haven't been on Spyderlovers for too long, but was here first before joining FB Girls on Spyders. My hubby has been posting for over a year now. Hope everyone is okay after Irene's departure. Looking forward to connecting with you here. Take care.

bruisersbaby
08-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Oh, can anyone explain to me how to get a profile picture on here? I've tried several times, but it doesn't want to work for me. thanks!

Lamonster
08-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Oh, can anyone explain to me how to get a profile picture on here? I've tried several times, but it doesn't want to work for me. thanks!If you want to send me the picture at spydersupport@gmail.com I can load it for you.

SpyderLady
08-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Now that we have a few Ladies here on this thread my question is what kind of :spyder2:do you have and what color. As you all can see from my avatar both of mine are RED --------BEST AND FASTEST!!!

Three Feet, please start this as a new thread of its own.... thanks

bruisersbaby
08-28-2011, 04:37 PM
If you want to send me the picture at spydersupport@gmail.com I can load it for you.

Okay, thanks! Will try to do that later this evening. I know I helped Bruiser earlier on, but with the changes to the website, couldn't figure it out.

LeeAnn
08-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Any suggestions on how to break in my new spyder? I moved her hopefully to get some good ideas.

Lamonster
08-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Okay, thanks! Will try to do that later this evening. I know I helped Bruiser earlier on, but with the changes to the website, couldn't figure it out.All your controls are here.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/usercp.php

CJ/johnnyg
08-28-2011, 04:57 PM
How to break in a spyder? For the first 600 miles, 1st gear 0 to 18 mph, 2nd gear shift at 28mph, 3rd gear shift 38 mph, 4 gear shift at 48 mph, once you are in 5th gear try not to go over 5000rpm After your 600 mile service ride it any way you want to. These engines run alot smoother at higher rpms but not until you break it in for the first 600mile. Or another way is to shift at 4500 rpm after second gear. After your first 600 mile service, check the oil at least every 500 mile
Thats what we did with both our RT and RS Hope this helps This is our $.02

ryderlynda
08-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Another lady from FB here- will check in often for news and info!

Paula(Butch2025)
08-28-2011, 06:03 PM
On fb you know me as "Paula McKenzie Anderson" but here at SpyderLovers I use my husbands account (ButchA2025 - he hates to type) but it's usually me on here and I try to remember to sign my name to my posts. --Paula

bruisersbaby
08-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh, can anyone explain to me how to get a profile picture on here? I've tried several times, but it doesn't want to work for me. thanks!

Lamonster to the rescue! Thanks for the help in getting my picture here.:clap:

Explorer53525
08-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Welcome to Spyderlovers ladies.
One thing I have found is very helpful here is to include a description of your Spyder in your "signature". To do this, select "Settings" in the upper right hand corner of the page and it will open a window that has "Edit your signature" as one of the choices. Indicate if your Spyder is a RS or RT and Manual (RM5) or Automatic (RE5). This is really helpful to others when asking mechanical questions or trying to understand what you are describing.
One of the advantages to Facebook is that we used our "Real Names" and it was so much easier to get to know people. All of these "Spyder Names" sound so similar and harder to remember. I propose that we include our real names in our signature too. It is nice that Spyderlovers.com already lists our city and state next to our comments.

Dentin028
08-28-2011, 09:00 PM
How to break in a spyder? For the first 600 miles, 1st gear 0 to 18 mph, 2nd gear shift at 28mph, 3rd gear shift 38 mph, 4 gear shift at 48 mph, once you are in 5th gear try not to go over 5000rpm After your 600 mile service ride it any way you want to. These engines run alot smoother at higher rpms but not until you break it in for the first 600mile. Or another way is to shift at 4500 rpm after second gear. After your first 600 mile service, check the oil at least every 500 mile

I didn't thought of that... that's great information Carol!! Thanks a lot. I usually shift about 4500-5000 rpm. :2thumbs:

klw
08-28-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm on FB but, I prefer this site better..I've been part of this family for a few years now and I find
it to be a closer connection and I like knowing that only my family here is creeping in on what
we are saying.

Happy 08 :spyder: Owner
Ryde Safe
Karen

kawakii
08-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi All,

Name is Nicole and I signed up for the facebook site a day or two ago but post here often. Live in Pembroke NH.

My fiance and I own a 2011 RS-S SE5 and love it. He just bought me the ISCI Handbrake for my birthday and after its installed I'll be able to drive the Spyder on my own. I'm paralysed from the waist down so this will allow me to be able to used the brake :)

Jake will go back to 2 wheels and Spydie will become mine once he teaches me to drive, etc.. I'm sure we will use the Spyder for two up rides still when we want to ride together but it's going to be exciting after be the rider all summer to drive it on my own :)

Drive safely everyone !

NewSpydergal
08-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi everyone!! I'm here from the FB page!!

Lamonster
08-29-2011, 09:08 AM
It's great to see the new faces here and I hope you can use this site along with Facebook to make your Spyder experience more enjoyable.

I had a few emails from the gals about posting pics and profile pictures on this board so I thought I would see if I can point you in the right direction here. :doorag:

First off there is some confusion as to where to load the pictures to get them to show up in your post.

Avatar- This is the picture on the left that is under your username. This is NOT your profile picture. I know it should be but that's the way they have it laid out and there's nothing I can do to change that.

Profile Picture- This is the picture that shows up on the left when someone clicks on your name. Many folks load a profile pic and wonder why it's not showing up in their post, it won't, the only two pictures that will show up in your post is your Avatar and your SIG pic.

Sig or Signature Pic- This is the picture that is below your post. You can have more than one sig pic but that's a whole new deal. I'll try and put another video together on how to do that. Your sig pic shouldn't be too big as it will show up on every post you make. If you upload a sig pic it will resize it for you to the size we have set here. If you link it to a pic on Photobucket or something like that make sure it's resized so it doesn't take up the whole page.

One of the main problems people have when loading pictures is the file they are trying to load is too big. If you take it right off your camera it's going to be way to big for the message board software to resize for you. If you don't have software to resize your pictures there is a great site for doing that. Go to http://www.shrinkpictures.com and follow the directions there.

Here's a little video that should help you in loading pics on this board. If you go full screen it will be easier to see what's going on.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31564&d=1314626869 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=21&attachmentid=31563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptfCymW_tV8

Dentin028
08-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks!!!:2thumbs:

SpydeRider2010
08-30-2011, 07:43 PM
there's a good bit of information on HERE... and there's a good bit of
PERSONAL information on FB. whichever you chose... just have fun
with it. each has their specific attributes... but neither is really better
than the other.

each of YOU... figure out what works best for and go with it. don't be
pressured by ONE person to join any PARTICULAR forum. just climb
on, click in, and enjoy the ryde. that's what it is really all about...

OneBadPenny
08-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Hello ladies!! Another one here from FB! I read a whole lot of threads on here but don't post much -- definitely time to change that. Good to see so many lady ryders!! Post on ladies!!

allieboy
08-31-2011, 06:27 PM
My bike is now in Tuba City, Arizona, on its way to me outside of Philadelphia, PA. I can't wait!!

IMRU3
09-01-2011, 03:16 AM
I signed up on FB for Girls On Spyders yesterday. It's good to know how many female spyderlovers and spyder ryders are out there. I am IMRU3 here. But you can call me "Sharon" and I am from Reno, NV. Happy ryding. Regards to everyone.

SpyderLady
09-01-2011, 06:21 PM

One thing to remember once it is broke in.... shift around 5K.... that is what Cowtown told us.... John did not know this as he was a new rider and he was shifting at too low a RPM and ended up burning out a spark plug. Best advise is they do like to run at a higher RPM. Have fun and enjoy.

lissy
09-02-2011, 05:32 PM
HI , everybody here from FB. Glad to meet you all (*.*)

dilyles
09-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Hello Ladies from FB welcome to Spyderlovers. The amount of information here is endless and everyone is always nice and helpful. This should be a lot easier to keep up with everyone's post.

ThreeFeet
09-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Welcome all you new Lady Spyder ryders!!!! I had both the RS and the RT till yesterday ( the 2nd Sept) when the RS got sold. So have a tiny bit of experience handling both kinds but just the semi automatic. Either way you can get an enormous amount of info off this site. Just ask a ??? and you will get all kinds of answers. Most of them correct. And if all that fails go to your dealer. In the meantime this site is probably one of the most light hearted and funny group of people you'll ever really want to meet. SOOOO come April 25 to April 29 2012 come to Cuba Mo for the 3rd Annual SPYDERFEST... WANT TO MEET AND GREET ALL THE LADY SPYDER LOVERS!!!! so come on down. or up as the case may be. :2thumbs:

Motorcycle Mama & Papa
09-11-2011, 01:29 AM
:yes: Checking in from FB. MM

cunicorn
09-24-2011, 10:24 PM
never knew that there was a site on fb for ladies riding spyders. looking forward to meeting other riders.

CWilber
09-25-2011, 02:52 PM
I really enjoy chatting with everyone on FB but agree the informational threads would be easier here as long as we remember to start a new thread rather than get off subject in the existing thread like we do on FB. I do like the real names in FB better so agree that we need to sign our real names when using this forum.

I'd like to hear what more of you who I've met on FB feel about moving chats over here. If enough agree, we need to post something on FB inviting the rest of the "gang" over here.

Cheryl Wilber

bruisersbaby
09-25-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't remember if I ever introduced myself here. I deleted my FB account yesterday and have gone to Google+. Just didn't like the changes on FB. Anyway, I'm Kris, wife of Jim (bruiser), who has posted on spyderlovers for quite some time. We live in eastern NC. Hope to keep in touch with the FB 'girls' here.

alicej
10-03-2011, 06:36 PM
On FB - coming in to say "HI":D

Blondespyder
10-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Have been on SL for a few years but with a different signon name.. Decided to create a new account as I really didn't use the old one much and the girls from FB could find me easier this way.. I try to check in at least a few times a week to SL but, mostly you will find me on FB. :)
They do both have pros and cons. On SL you have alot more tech support but, with FB I can chat and it is a little more personal..at least for me.. Will be at spyderfest this year and can't wait to meet so many of you. :)

Motorcycle Mama & Papa
12-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Any suggestions on how to break in my new spyder? I moved her hopefully to get some good ideas.

Ryde, Ryde, Ryde :ohyea: MM

spydermedicrn
02-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Just came to this group from Facebook

chickridin
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Hello from FB. :doorag:

blue devil
02-24-2012, 11:33 PM
I am picking up my ride this coming week. Traded in my Honda Shadow Aero 750 on it!!! I am sooo excited:clap: Any tips or anything I should know?

Blue Devil Dell

conroe spyders
03-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Hello ladies-
I am just a rider but another lady Spyder owner (Deb) told me to look ya'll up that I had to share the info with ya'll!:2excited:!! Under here & Facebook we are "Conroe Spyders". Cannot sell on this site but can on Facebook. I have womens "bling" durags/headbands.:doorag: For more info please find/friend me on Facebook, thank you!!
All the photos & info are on there.
Laura