PDA

View Full Version : Storm report

bruiser
08-27-2011, 07:56 AM
I'll try this post for the third time:mad:. Well, we made it through the night. No major damage, some branches down but that's about it. The power has been on and off all morning and that is aggravating,:gaah: hence the opening statement. we are under a flash flood warning. Normally our backyard is flooded and the small stream behind the house is over it's banks. But we have none of that either. We do still have the rest of the day to go, so no telling what will happen. To all still in the path, take care.

Mo Lee
08-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Good Luck, don't take no chances.

Mexican
08-27-2011, 08:36 AM
The best of lucks to you and your fmily!!

Lamonster
08-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Keep us posted Bro. :pray:

bruiser
08-27-2011, 08:55 AM
We're getting some stronger gusts now, and that has brought some larger branches down and I noticed the entire top of one of our poplar trees is hanging by a thread, the tree is probably 2 feet around at that point and about 20 feet of top is hanging. Looks like a job for my friends at Directional Falling. Thank goodness we had the LARGE trees closer to the house taken down last summer. One of those was a poplar that was 8 feet in diameter at the base and about 80 ft tall. The eye made land fall about 0800 at Cape Lookout. That's 115 miles southeast of us. Power is still on and off :cus:. Will try to post some pics later.

tobor9
08-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Good luck to you. :2thumbs: :pray:

dancogan
08-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Good luck to you. :2thumbs: :pray:

+1 :thumbup:

stutzmason
08-27-2011, 09:30 AM
We're getting some stronger gusts now, and that has brought some larger branches down and I noticed the entire top of one of our poplar trees is hanging by a thread, the tree is probably 2 feet around at that point and about 20 feet of top is hanging. Looks like a job for my friends at Directional Falling. Thank goodness we had the LARGE trees closer to the house taken down last summer. One of those was a poplar that was 8 feet in diameter at the base and about 80 ft tall. The eye made land fall about 0800 at Cape Lookout. That's 115 miles southeast of us. Power is still on and off :cus:. Will try to post some pics later.

I will let you use my chain saw if you can divert some of that rain down my way to Texas(please) ...Glad you are holding your own with Irene ... hope you come through with noting more damaging than already experienced.

bruiser
08-27-2011, 10:36 AM
I will let you use my chain saw if you can divert some of that rain down my way to Texas(please) ...Glad you are holding your own with Irene ... hope you come through with noting more damaging than already experienced.

Wife say's no chainsaw. Long story. However, I would gladly send rain your way if I could.

rafiki2cu
08-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Bruiser. Did you make it through the storm alright?

bruiser
08-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Yes we did, thank you. Spent about 10-12 hours Sunday weilding a chain saw helping clear downed tree limbs from neighbors yards and driveways. Some of those limbs were the size of small trees, the smallest was probably 4" and the largest probably 20". One neighbor has I guess, 8 pecan trees. I probably spent two hours there cutting up limbs. took Monday off just to get my property cleared.