PDA

View Full Version : WI/IL to Spyderfest

jvicker
08-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I know its early.

With all the WI/IL bonding, we should have a great sized group heading to Cuba. So, what are everyones plans? I would love to ride into Spyderfest with a convoy of spyders.:thumbup:

So my plan is to leave early wed. and I have res. at the Wagon Wheel. That can change with everyone else plans.

So whats yours????

packbuckbrew
08-26-2011, 12:54 PM
in.

Chitown Newbie
08-26-2011, 01:12 PM
I am in as well. Staying at Best Western.

It would be great to come in a large group :)

SteveMac
08-26-2011, 01:21 PM
I know its early.

With all the WI/IL bonding, we should have a great sized group heading to Cuba. So, what are everyones plans? I would love to ride into Spyderfest with a convoy of spyders.:thumbup:

So my plan is to leave early wed. and I have res. at the Wagon Wheel. That can change with everyone else plans.

So whats yours????

Never too early to plan for Spyderfest!!

We are also at the wagon wheel motel. Look forward to meeting you.

Y Rider
08-26-2011, 02:36 PM
CanAm-Y and I are going again. Probably staying at the Best Western. Only thing is we are planning to leave on Tuesday, April 24th. If anyone is heading down Tuesday and will be close to Quincy let me know and we can ride MO19 down to Cuba. It's a really nice ride down 19.

Papa
08-26-2011, 03:09 PM
We will be staying at the Super 8 again. We may leave Tuesday and take all the back roads, if not we are in.

Chitown Newbie
08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Oops, correction...staying at Super 8 :) Papa, thanks for the hotels phone #

JJW SpyderRider
08-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I had a blast last year at Spyderfest, Len and the MO gang did a fantastic job of putting it on. I don't know if I will be able to make it next year:(. I own my wife a 2 week trip to Alaska for our 30th anniversary. I was not able to go after my surgery and used up all my vacation time for this year. I will be :pray: that I can get the time off and do both.

Papa
08-27-2011, 01:09 PM
I had a blast last year at Spyderfest, Len and the MO gang did a fantastic job of putting it on. I don't know if I will be able to make it next year:(. I own my wife a 2 week trip to Alaska for our 30th anniversary. I was not able to go after my surgery and used up all my vacation time for this year. I will be :pray: that I can get the time off and do both.

You know what they say - - If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy. Enjoy Alaska..;)

Sny
08-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I plan on making a plan around april 20th... :dontknow:

freakzilla
08-28-2011, 05:19 PM
I plan on making a plan around april 20th... :dontknow:
where is next year spyder fest thanks again

jvicker
08-28-2011, 05:39 PM
April 25th-29th Cuba, Missouri

Best time ever!!!!:thumbup:

Explorer53525
08-28-2011, 10:53 PM
At today's group ride we decided to leave here early on Tuesday and head back on Sunday.
Kelly (WildWoman) is booked at the Super 8, so I am going to try to book 4 more rooms at the Super 8 for
Dan & Joyce Vallo
Dave & Mel Duffa
Mike & Ruth Kronvold
Jim & Greta Lambert.

We will all travel as a group and hope to join up with others from the area.

Explorer53525
08-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Reservations are confirmed at the Super 8. They still have approx 30 rooms left.

3pod
08-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Greta thanks for getting rooms for us. Sounds like the area hotels are filling up fast. Should be a nice trip and we are looking forward to our first Spyderfest as new owners. What better way to enjoy it than with new friends.

rogerb
08-31-2011, 06:44 AM
What is the status of the Motel 6? Tried to make reservations but couldn't get thru. If they are closed that will hurt the number of available rooms in the area.

Y Rider
08-31-2011, 09:23 AM
What is the status of the Motel 6? Tried to make reservations but couldn't get thru. If they are closed that will hurt the number of available rooms in the area.

The Motel 6 has changed hands again. It is now Chatau Inn and the Phone number is 573-885-0100. I guess they couldn't keep up to Motel 6 standards? That's scary. We are going to stay at the Best Western. We stayed at the Wagon Wheel last year and it was really nice except for the lack of sound insulation between rooms (at least our room anyway).

effgjamis
08-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Wagon Wheel experience.. I shall not go there again.... no place to hang or put clothes, Took a day to get hot water, Quoted one price but charged another on checkout.. Tiny but clean and old.

effgjamis
08-31-2011, 02:42 PM
" The Motel 6 has changed hands again. It is now Chatau Inn and the Phone number is 573-885-0100. "

Is this the motel that was Holiday Express ???

If not then what is it's name and phone number...

Thank you

Y Rider
08-31-2011, 03:11 PM
" The Motel 6 has changed hands again. It is now Chatau Inn and the Phone number is 573-885-0100. "

Is this the motel that was Holiday Express ???

If not then what is it's name and phone number...

Thank you

The Chatau Inn used to be Motel 6 which used to be Holiday Inn Express.

Y Rider
08-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Wagon Wheel experience.. I shall not go there again.... no place to hang or put clothes, Took a day to get hot water, Quoted one price but charged another on checkout.. Tiny but clean and old.

We had the same issue on our first night. No hot water and no heat. They had to bring us a space heater. I guess they weren't quite ready for prime time yet.

rogerb
08-31-2011, 07:55 PM
I kinda liked it plain and simple. How many motels would let you bring a motorcycle into the lobby and work on it because its raining out. Will have to price it. It is in a good location next to Wally-Mart.:roflblack:

Smokinspyder
09-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Im going to see if the wife will come with me , or even let me go . She knows I want to but I am not sure yet . Ill hopefully know soon so i can book a room !

jvicker
09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Im going to see if the wife will come with me , or even let me go . She knows I want to but I am not sure yet .

if you need any ammunition. The week of Spyderfest is always on my wife's birthday and our anniversary and she let's me go. She probably has more fun on her birthday without me anyways.

Smokinspyder
09-02-2011, 11:07 PM
DAMN nice ill have to mention that in passing ;P . I really dont think she will care, its more of will she ride with me or what

Smokinspyder
09-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Chi when you leaving to go down there ?

Smokinspyder
12-21-2011, 10:09 PM
SO since all the spyderfest stuff has been posted when is everyone leaving and coming home ? I was thinking about leaving tuesday or wensday and coming back saturday sometime .

JCSMOKE
12-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Looks like they have a nice plan put together so I plan to stay the week. Looking at the ladybug camp ground for my residence.

Papa
12-21-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm also planning on leaving Sunday. We can discuss plans & routes at our January meeting. I will be sending out a reminder after the first.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Macca
12-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Lady Macca and I will be leaving on Tuesday and hopefully will stay overnight somewhere in between so we are fresh driving into Cuba.
We are hoping to hook up with fellow riders from the area. We will be staying at the Frisco Street Bed & Breakfast.
Has anyone planned routes yet?

Papa
12-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Lady Macca and I will be leaving on Tuesday and hopefully will stay overnight somewhere in between so we are fresh driving into Cuba.
We are hoping to hook up with fellow riders from the area. We will be staying at the Frisco Street Bed & Breakfast.
Has anyone planned routes yet?

I like your plan since my wife may not be able to make the trip in one day. I've made tyhe trip several times now (alone) and it's a straigt shot unless you want to take the side roads. Will you be attending the meeting on Jan 21st at Jim Potts Motor?

Macca
12-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Will you be attending the meeting on Jan 21st at Jim Potts Motor?

We are going to try and make the Jim Potts meeting

Papa
12-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Great. This is on the agenda for discussion and planning. Have a wonderful holiday.

jmcbow
12-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Would like to go, as I probably won't make it out to Colorado, will have to see how things shake out in the spring.

DougB
01-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Staying at the Chateau Inn. Leaving the 24th as of now. Correction... Switched to Best Western.

Sny
02-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Leaving on Tuesday coming back Sunday... Going for a one day trip, but if that doesn't work out then two :)

Was considering a Rt 66 kinda route to get there... down along old 53 then...

JJW SpyderRider
02-10-2012, 10:35 PM
I will be going this year!!! I will be riding down on Friday night for a two day or Saturday for a one day 600 mile ride to Harrison, AR. On Wednesday I will make a run up the back roads to Cuba where Karen will meet up me. I will turn this into a 9 day trip this year. :yes::yes::yes:

It looks like most will be traveling down separately but I hope we can get the group together for the ride home. :pray:

jvicker
03-13-2012, 04:41 PM
With a little more than a month away to Spyderfest, are there any "official" leave dates and times? Is there a large group planning on riding together?

packbuckbrew
03-14-2012, 02:23 PM
I can leave around 5 pm on 4/24, or anytime on 4/25. Maybe you can come down on 4/24 and we can put those shocks on your RS.

Papa
03-14-2012, 02:38 PM
With a little more than a month away to Spyderfest, are there any "official" leave dates and times? Is there a large group planning on riding together?

I posted times/location on our Spydertimes website. There is a group on Tuesday and one on Wednesday, both at 11AM meeting at 505 Truckers Lane, Bloomington IL 61701. CHeck route info etc @ www.spydertimes.shutterfly.com/

Sny
04-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Just a reminder that there's two groups meeting in Bloomington, IL. If you'll be meeting there we'd love to know so we can watch for you. Reply here or PM me (Tuesday) or Papa (Wednesday)

Papa
04-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Just a reminder that there's two groups meeting in Bloomington, IL. If you'll be meeting there we'd love to know so we can watch for you. Reply here or PM me (Tuesday) or Papa (Wednesday)

Lets discuss at the next meeting. I am going on Tuesday but taking two days to get there along with several others so I will not be on the Wednesday ride.

HntngTrout
04-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Just posted today, looking for additional :spyder2::spyder2: heading to SpyderFest from Central Illinois on Wednesday, the 25th. Here is what was posted...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?38037-Central-Illinois-Group
(http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?38037-Central-Illinois-Group)If you have some idea of when you'll be coming through Springfield area we maybe able to hook up. We're looking at taking this route currently.....
PM me if you think we can....

JJW SpyderRider
04-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Just posted today, looking for additional :spyder2::spyder2: heading to SpyderFest from Central Illinois on Wednesday, the 25th. Here is what was posted...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?38037-Central-Illinois-Group
(http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?38037-Central-Illinois-Group)If you have some idea of when you'll be coming through Springfield area we maybe able to hook up. We're looking at taking this route currently.....
PM me if you think we can....

HntngTrout that looks like the route we are taking home on Sunday. I'm not sure of the route to Spyderfest but it could also be what the group is looking at doing. Right now there is a group leaving Normal at 12:00 which would put them in Springfield at 1:00. SNY is leading a group on Tuesday if you want to PM him. I will be heading out on the 20th to Harrison, AR but will be returning on Sunday through Louisiana.

Sny
04-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm not sure who's in the Wednesday group yet. I guess we'll find out at our meeting on the 14th and post more info then.

Sny
04-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Just posted today, looking for additional :spyder2::spyder2: heading to SpyderFest from Central Illinois on Wednesday, the 25th.

What time were you planning on leaving?

We could be near your starting spot (west of Springfield, possibly old Jacksonville Road?) by around 1:30?

I believe there are 6 of us... maybe 7.

gary lester
04-15-2012, 09:21 PM
At today's group ride we decided to leave here early on Tuesday and head back on Sunday.
Kelly (WildWoman) is booked at the Super 8, so I am going to try to book 4 more rooms at the Super 8 for
Dan & Joyce Vallo
Dave & Mel Duffa
Mike & Ruth Kronvold
Jim & Greta Lambert.

We will all travel as a group and hope to join up with others from the area.

Is there still a morning meet in Rockford at 8:30 on Tue?:dontknow:

gary lester
04-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Greta thanks for getting rooms for us. Sounds like the area hotels are filling up fast. Should be a nice trip and we are looking forward to our first Spyderfest as new owners. What better way to enjoy it than with new friends.

Greta you do have rooms for Cheryl and I right?

Explorer53525
04-17-2012, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=gary lester;440782]Greta you do have rooms for Cheryl and I right?[Quote]

Correct, at the Super 8