PDA

View Full Version : Cancer in our Spyder family

Olson03
08-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Hello everyone, I'm very new to this site and the world of the spyder. Everone on here is very helpful and caring. I'm a 37 year old male with stage 4 colon cancer. My whole life I wanted a motorcycle, but could never justify buying one until last April. I was told in April my cancer is terminal. So I decided to get the one thing I always wanted a can am Spyder. Dont worry I'm not going to get all sappy on you all. I have been beating the odds from the first date I was told I have cancer. And I plan on beating this beast that has caused me some set backs the last 19 months.

Earlier this month I posted a question about a new seat for my 2008 RS. I got lots of great feedback and helpful information. But most important I got a message from a man that lives very close to me, who's family is also affected by cancer. So I just wanted to post a thread to let any of you out there who is affected by cancer know that your in my thoughts. I have a great team of doctors and nurses, plus a very good support system. But the one thing that brings me happiness is to give back to other what they have given to me. So if you ever need a person to talk too, know of any benifits, share cancer advice, feel free to contact me. I dont mind talking about my journey and treatment. I wish all of you a great week, ride safe and remember to live each day to the fullest.

Brian

GloryRyders
08-22-2011, 05:21 AM
:pray::pray::pray: You are in our prayers!

Ga Blue Knight
08-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Brian,

I am a three time cancer survivor, Colon, Kidney and Bladder and have been cancer free for the last seven years. Follow the Doctors advice, keep your spirits up and your mind occupied on positive activities. You can beat this, nothing is pre ordained, it's just tough to work through but you will succed!

My prayers are with you

Joe

Motavar
08-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Brian,

Hang in there man. My mother-in-law was in the same position with her colon cancer and has been able to keep doing her thing. Just keep up with what the doctors say, get a few opinions, and keep pushing them to try different things.

And ride the heck out of that Spyder and have a blast Yo!!

BLUE MULE
08-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Can't imagine what you are going through, but you will be in the prayers of many on this site including mine. The best thing about a Spyder is that when you're ryding, all your problems seem to melt away. Best of luck and Ryde it like you stole it!!

Bob Denman
08-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Brian,
You're in our thoughts and prayers... Keep hanging in there and NEVER give up! :thumbup:

joe schmoe
08-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Brian, you are in our thoughts and prayers!!! :pray: Keep STRONG and let GOD take control!!

My wife (Betty Boop, on here) is a THREE time cancer survivor Lymphoma (6 years ago), Lung cancer with 1/2 of her lung removed (1 year ago), and trachea cancer (forgot the actual type) (8 months ago). She is in remission and getting stronger each day. You CAN beat this EVIL disease!!! It is a VERY ROUGH road, but when yoiu hit those bumps, get on the Spyder and get those frustrations OUT!!!

Again, Stay STRONG and let God lead you to recovery!!!

This is the reason, she got her Spyder. After all she has been through, she isn't strong enough to lift and handle a 2 wheel motorcycle, perfect solution was the Spyder!!!

God Bless you!!

Lamonster
08-22-2011, 07:49 AM
I've met a few folks with cancer that bought a Spyder as their "last ride" and as far as I know they are still riding today. I don't think there is anyone of us that have not been effected by cancer one way or another, I lost my father to it and several friends and relatives. I've had hepC before they even had a name for it and it has killed a few of my good friends and I know someday it may take me but like you I live life one day at a time and I try and be thankful for each day I have to enjoy life on earth even though that day may not be a great day. You're in our prayers my friend, hand in there.

klw
08-22-2011, 08:06 AM
:pray:

boborgera
08-22-2011, 08:55 AM
The will to survive is greater than the big ''C''. Enjoy your shelf, Have fun on your Spyder.:thumbup::thumbup:

JimAlpha
08-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Prayers for you and your family. Modern medicine and the good lord together create some big miracles.

murphybrown
08-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Sounds like you are doing the very important part of healing....mental/emotional...soooon Drs. will be prescribing Spyder Ryding as the cure all for that important healing component....Ryde with God fellow Spyderlover and ryde, ryde, ryde!!!!!:thumbup:

ARtraveler
08-22-2011, 10:51 AM
:pray: and thoughts go with you. You can beat it. :2thumbs:

SpydherLuv
08-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Brian, stay positive and kick some cancer ASS!!

groundeffect
08-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Hang in there, ryde the spyder, enjoy the spyder, enjoy friends/family... enjoy life!:thumbup: Thoughts go out to you!

Spydii917
08-22-2011, 01:01 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers! God works miracles everyday!

Raptor
08-22-2011, 01:51 PM
There is something about the experience of riding that is just good for the soul. Changed my life, I can tell you that. SO ride that Spyder, man! I wish you all the best in dealing with your illness. You CAN beat this. Your will and positive attitude are impressive, and that to me is one of the most key ingredients. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
08-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Brian, stay positive and kick some cancer ASS!!
:agree:

MarkLawson
08-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Praying for you!

johnnyrocket
08-22-2011, 07:57 PM
I had non-hodgkins lymphoma about 10 years ago and with a lot of prayers and a couple of great doctors it was taken care of. I pray they same results for you, and keep ryding!

Boriken
08-22-2011, 08:16 PM
:pray::pray: for a successfull recovery.

Mexican
08-22-2011, 09:38 PM
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canam9
08-23-2011, 01:54 PM
:pray::pray:

camper1
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm a one year breast cancer survivor. Biking is one of the best therapies I can think of!

Smokinspyder
08-23-2011, 05:28 PM
give it hell spyder brother.

Florida girl
08-23-2011, 10:18 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you also. :pray: Good and positive thoughts! I have a friend that was diagnosed with a terrible form of brain cancer. She was told that she had about 3 months to live at the most. She said she was going to beat it. THAT WAS 26 YEARS AGO!!!! In the beginning she did have a tough time with treatments but she is fine now. She wrote a book about her experience. Her doctor was amazed at her will. He climbed (I think it was Mount McKinley) (a huge accomplishment for him) and posted a flag at the top of the mountain for her. That picture appears in her book!!!

Major spyder
08-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Hello everyone, I'm very new to this site and the world of the spyder. Everone on here is very helpful and caring. I'm a 37 year old male with stage 4 colon cancer. My whole life I wanted a motorcycle, but could never justify buying one until last April. I was told in April my cancer is terminal. So I decided to get the one thing I always wanted a can am Spyder. Dont worry I'm not going to get all sappy on you all. I have been beating the odds from the first date I was told I have cancer. And I plan on beating this beast that has caused me some set backs the last 19 months.

Earlier this month I posted a question about a new seat for my 2008 RS. I got lots of great feedback and helpful information. But most important I got a message from a man that lives very close to me, who's family is also affected by cancer. So I just wanted to post a thread to let any of you out there who is affected by cancer know that your in my thoughts. I have a great team of doctors and nurses, plus a very good support system. But the one thing that brings me happiness is to give back to other what they have given to me. So if you ever need a person to talk too, know of any benifits, share cancer advice, feel free to contact me. I dont mind talking about my journey and treatment. I wish all of you a great week, ride safe and remember to live each day to the fullest.

Brian

I beat cancer 19yrs ago ...... at age 43........ stiff upper lip and all that........ Just survive and tell us stories of your spyder rides

GnA
08-24-2011, 01:26 AM
Keep on Ryding, Brian! The three wheels... Father, Son and Holy Spirit have got your back!!!:pray: