PDA

View Full Version : New to Spyder

Questions
08-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Traveled to Tyler (Broadway Power Sports) on Thursday the 18th to get my '11 RT Limited. This is the first non-Harley bike I've ever owned so I was a little nervous. Gotta say I'm a new believer. Gotta give a big thanks to all the folks there at BPS. Here's my first 2 day story so everyone can laugh at me for some of my stupid tricks. First I got about 10 miles down the road, stopped for gas and noticed the right hand grill assembly behind the radiator was missing. Of course no cell signal so I drive back to BPS and Jonathan tells me there isn't one there. Second and the dumbest this happened yesterday. Showing off "Senorita Arana" to a friend. Was feeling real cool! I had shut it off in gear but no problem, Johnathan said foot on the brake it starts right up. Nothin'! Called BPS, get a tech on the phone, went through all the steps, still nothin', hear a voice in the background, "He check the emergenct power off switch?", duhhh, started right up, thanks again BPS. Anyway glad to be here and shopping for after market add-on stuff. Suggestions welccome!

Rayelljay
08-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Really, your first aftermarket add-on should be some miles....then you'll find out what you need.
Ray.:D

BikerDoc
08-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Really, your first aftermarket add-on should be some miles....then you'll find out what you need.
Ray.:D:congrats::agree: ride first spend more money later. The bike and your body will tell you more about which mods are for you. I am always amazed when i find someone who has spend more dollars on mods in their first year than they have ridden miles - It happens pretty often trust me...

ARtraveler
08-20-2011, 02:17 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde. Most of us have done the emergency switch and grill thing--so welcome to the club.

I recommend putting on at least 1000 miles before doing any add-ons--then you will know what you really want.

The RT Limited is pretty well decked out from the start. I have added a Corbin seat and back rest--extra lights, and Seal Floorboards (just this week on the floorboards).

fastfraser
08-20-2011, 02:35 PM
:welcome: Congrats on your new ride. Man you got the RTS, its already loaded. Get out there and check other Spyders and if you see something you like or need ask. There is a lot of venders on the home page.

SpyderAnn01
08-20-2011, 02:57 PM
:welcome: and :congrats:

acinpcola
08-20-2011, 03:01 PM
:congrats: & :welcome: Now the fun begins...

Be Safe
AC:spyder2:

glynnk
08-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Congrats! You're gonna enjoy it!

Glynnk:clap:

Eagle Eye
08-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Spyder Ryders of North Texas Invite you to ride with them to Granbury Texas for the Texas Biker Bash Sept 3rd

:thumbup:see event details and meeting place at http://www.SpyderRydersOfNorthTexas.com (http://www.spyderrydersofnorthtexas.com/)

Come on Texas...Let's Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2thumbs:

God Speed. Let's Ride!

Larry "Eagle Eye" Corrales
817-501-0644

Traveled to Tyler (Broadway Power Sports) on Thursday the 18th to get my '11 RT Limited. This is the first non-Harley bike I've ever owned so I was a little nervous. Gotta say I'm a new believer. Gotta give a big thanks to all the folks there at BPS. Here's my first 2 day story so everyone can laugh at me for some of my stupid tricks. First I got about 10 miles down the road, stopped for gas and noticed the right hand grill assembly behind the radiator was missing. Of course no cell signal so I drive back to BPS and Jonathan tells me there isn't one there. Second and the dumbest this happened yesterday. Showing off "Senorita Arana" to a friend. Was feeling real cool! I had shut it off in gear but no problem, Johnathan said foot on the brake it starts right up. Nothin'! Called BPS, get a tech on the phone, went through all the steps, still nothin', hear a voice in the background, "He check the emergenct power off switch?", duhhh, started right up, thanks again BPS. Anyway glad to be here and shopping for after market add-on stuff. Suggestions welccome!

daveinva
08-31-2011, 10:54 PM
I am always amazed when i find someone who has spend more dollars on mods in their first year than they have ridden miles - It happens pretty often trust me...

Hey... I resemble that remark! ;)

bikeguy
09-01-2011, 12:20 AM
:welcome:

Cotton

Y Rider
09-01-2011, 01:50 PM
:congrats: You're not the first to think you were missing the grill. Still not sure why BRP decided not to put in a grill. :dontknow: BTW, great choice on the RT Limited. :clap: :welcome:

Phil
09-01-2011, 02:01 PM

Hey there teladearana!!
I'm wondering if you are the guy I met juuuuust as you were pulling away with your new ryde?? I live in Tyler and had stopped by to see Jonathan about the time a guy on a white RT was to pull away from the front of the store.

PLEASE feel free to hollar at me some time. I'm even looking for a reasonable length ryde over the weekend (if it cools some) and might see if you are around. And/or, if you are in town for any reason, see if I am (I travel a fair amount). Email me at genesis@genesisworld.com and I'll trade contact info with you! Congrats on your ryde!!:clap::clap: