PDA

View Full Version : My mods

mclovin
08-19-2011, 12:09 PM
These are my the mods. I have made them all my self with some help from my brother inlaw.( He has been a great help to me since my injury) I hope this can help some one with there bike. By the way I am a t11/12 para

mclovin
08-19-2011, 12:16 PM
I cant believe I got those pictures on to my post! I am stocked. Please under stand that I am exstremly computer chalenged. It took me about an hour to figure it out. Know if I can only remember how I did it:shocked:.

warp10
08-19-2011, 12:25 PM
looking good :clap:

mooneych
08-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Nice looking bike.

harleyRick
08-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Very nice:clap:

fastfraser
08-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Great mods.I hope the Spyder is everything you hoped it would be and you are getting maximum smiles per miles .

markjperry
08-19-2011, 02:53 PM
I hope your as happy with yours as I am with mine. This is a great location to share information.

mclovin
08-19-2011, 03:07 PM
I rode and raced bikes most of my life,so after not being able to ride for 5+ yrs this thing has brought a huge smile to my face. Its good to have the wind back in my face again. Its not as fast as I had hoped but then again not many things are. I just ordered a MBRP exaust and cant wait to put it on.

Oz Spyder
08-21-2011, 09:23 PM
These are my the mods. I have made them all my self with some help from my brother inlaw.( He has been a great help to me since my injury) I hope this can help some one with there bike. By the way I am a t11/12 para3075830759307603076130762

I was wondering if you could please take some more photos for you WC rack and where you have mounted it to the Spyder?! I too have just bought a RS-S and am a T-10 paraplegic. Also I use a rigid wheelchair and like what you have made to carry your chair! If you could please send through some more photos that would be great! Cheers

SethO
08-22-2011, 01:12 AM
great setup bud, if you want more speed , especially in the corners you have to get aftermarket shocks and a swaybar. Get a power Comander 5 with the autotune and a direct airflow air flow system and dump that airbox, way easier to work on it after that too.

SethO
08-22-2011, 01:17 AM
how long does it take ya with that bracket to get on and off the spyder? I thought it would be harder to do with it farther back like that but I see more and more like that.

mclovin
08-22-2011, 11:02 AM
SethO. Yes those will be my next mods. Did you install the PC and auto tune your self. I dont have a laptop or do I know how to use one. So I am not sure if I can hook up the PC my self. As far as the time to put my chair up, Maybe three minuts. It does take a few times to get a technieq down. Also what kind of air box systeme do you like and where do I find them.

SethO
08-22-2011, 01:56 PM
SethO. Yes those will be my next mods. Did you install the PC and auto tune your self. I dont have a laptop or do I know how to use one. So I am not sure if I can hook up the PC my self. As far as the time to put my chair up, Maybe three minuts. It does take a few times to get a technieq down. Also what kind of air box systeme do you like and where do I find them.

your going to need help with the autotune, you have to weld a bung or two now I guess in the exhaust but you do not need a laptop, the autotune does that for you just ride it. kenmetal has one and I saw one for sale in the for sale section I would put a post up there.

3 minutes is a good start I had move than that to start with, as you know after about 10000 times doing something it gets easier.

I am going out to the salt flats this week so if ya can make it out that far east you could see the setup.

mclovin
08-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Welding the bung should be no problem its the computer that scares me. When your at the salt flats , say hi to rocky robinson for me. He drives the ack-attack bike and I believe he holds the current bike land speed record. Me and Rocky used to be good friends back in the day.

Oz Spyder
08-22-2011, 07:19 PM
I cant believe I got those pictures on to my post! I am stocked. Please under stand that I am exstremly computer chalenged. It took me about an hour to figure it out. Know if I can only remember how I did it:shocked:.

Sorry to bother you again... Can you please have a crack at taking some more photos of you wheelchair rack and where you mounted it??!! Also can you please explain as to how you went about attaching the mount to your spyder as you have done a great job and I'd love to try and do the same on my spyder!!

Cheers mate

SethO
08-23-2011, 01:42 AM
Welding the bung should be no problem its the computer that scares me. When your at the salt flats , say hi to rocky robinson for me. He drives the ack-attack bike and I believe he holds the current bike land speed record. Me and Rocky used to be good friends back in the day.

I will try to find him there, Tom santa claus anderson called me today and is who got me into this party with the budds racing.