PDA

View Full Version : MOGANG - Meet up in Poplar Bluff this Saturday Aug 20?

FaranH
08-19-2011, 08:39 AM
(Sorry for the very last minute notice)

I'm riding from Searcy, AR up Hwy 67 to Poplar Bluff tomorrow with a group of friends from Bikers 4 Foster Kids. We are coming to see a young man who used to live with a family we are close to. We came to love this kid and want to come show him how much we miss him and help celebrate his birthday.

We are having lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings at 1429 N. Westwood Blvd. Times are not an exact science but probably 11:30.

If anyone is close and doesn't already have plans, I'd love to meet some of the famous (infamous?!) MOGANG! My cell is 501-940-5353. Text or call on Saturday and I can give you an ETA.

It looks like we'll have a last stop in Corning, AR before coming straight to Poplar Bluff if anyone wants to meet up there.

Again, sorry for the late notice but I'm not planning this ride and the details were a little sketchy until this morning. ;)

Hope a few of you can swing this way!

xpeschon
08-19-2011, 08:44 AM
I know I for one would LOVE to meet you Faran and hang out for a day but I just won't be able to make it but,, I'll bet once some of the other MOGANG riders see this message you will have some visiters..

Ride Safe..

X-Joe

Mo Lee
08-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Same here, I'm kinda committed to a couple of tasks tomorrow. I do look forward to being able to meet you soon.

ThreeFeet
08-19-2011, 11:06 PM
I think i can get there. Not sure if I can before 1100 AM tho. get fairly close to that time tho. Just have to find the Buffalo Wild Wings. Have map will travel. Hope to see ya then. Three Feet.:thumbup:

SteveMac
08-19-2011, 11:21 PM
I am planning on being there if my posterior can take it. Just got home from a 1250 mile rYde this week.

Seriously this is too close to my home for me to miss out. A good cause and I get to meet Faran! I have to consult my better half to see if she is up to joining me. But we will plan on meeting you at BWW!!

I'll check with a couple of two wheel buddies to see if they have any interest also.

GloryRyders
08-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Linda and I have been gone from home since yesterday morning and just got back in and saw this thread:(. Sorry that we missed meeting you and going on the ryde.................maybe next time you are going to be in the area give us a yell!:2thumbs:

Jim

G-Man
08-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Sorry BumbleBee and I missed you as well. We hadn't checked in a couple of days, and were on a ride yesterday with our ALR chapter.

Next time!! :doorag:

SteveMac
08-21-2011, 09:13 PM
It was really great to meet Faran, her girls, and the friends she brought along. Had a nice birthday lunch with the young man that Faran came up to visit. Met some really nice folks, and while conversing with the crew, I found out that we know a lot of the same people. Cool how it works out that way. Small world. :doorag:

And also found out that they all live within a few miles of where my Mom lived as a child. You all may have heard of the song "Wolverton Mountain"? (more info here)? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverton_Mountain)Well the song was based on a real guy that my Mom knew when she was very young. We went to her hometown of Clinton, Arkansas in 1992-93 I can't recall the exact year, but Clifton Clowers (the character in the song) was still living at that time. He was over 100 years old then. Didn't get to meet him, but saw his tombstone with a birthdate and blank-date-of-death. We took care of my Mom in the last 10 years of her life and now that I know Faran and her crew live very close by Mom's old stomping grounds, we will be making a pilgrimage (of sorts) to visit.

Pretty cool stuff. :2thumbs:

Anyway, as you can see from the pics below, we didn't have any fun at all...yeah right! It was a real blast and Faran rYdes with some really nice folks. Very very glad we got to meet them! :ohyea::ohyea:

farmerjim
08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Yep!!! I'm sorry I missed the ride to Poplar Bluff as well, even though I'm still on two wheels as my buddy SteveMac said. Sadly, my retail work had me by the nap of the neck. :yikes: Don't give up on me folks, I'm getting closer and closer every day to being an actual :spyder2: ryder. Till then, I'll just be a two wheel terror.

ThreeFeet
08-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Hey there!! Y'all missed a really fun time.:D I got there pretty late and everybody had almost finished eating but it was still a fun day and ryde down there. Had a really bad storm come thru early and had to wait for it to go away!! Got to meet Faran, a really nice lady, didn't look like her picture tho had a sorta bad hair/ helmet hair thing goin on:joke:. Actually she looked great just had her hair in Poneytail style.:thumbup: The buffalo wings were REALLY good too!!! Ice cream with SteveMac after was really a fun thing too!!!:ohyea: