PDA

View Full Version : Let's Meet the Ohio Spyder Ryders on 08/27/2011 at Joe's Gizzard City

SpyderAnn01
08-16-2011, 10:17 PM
The OSR are going to Joe's Gizzard City in Potterville, MI on August 27. In April they were headed to Joe's to meet the MI riders but mechanical problems kept them from making the trip. Check back here for the time and other updates. So far DragonSnake, SpyderAnn01 and Joe will be there. Nancystoy and Spydrluvr will be no shows.

NancysToy
08-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Not sure that we will not show. Depends on the details and whether I think my stitched up belly can tolerate it. I would like to see the Ohio group again. Stay tuned.

NancysToy.....aka Mr. No-Show You sure know how to lay a guilt trip on a fella! :D

SpyderAnn01
08-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Scotty I wasn't trying to lay a guilt trip on you! You posted on the other thread that you wouldn't be able to make it. I hope your feeling well enough to make the trip. Kim - Spydrluvr said she is going on a trip to Niagara Falls.

NancysToy
08-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Scotty I wasn't trying to lay a guilt trip on you! You posted on the other thread that you wouldn't be able to make it. I hope your feeling well enough to make the trip. Kim - Spydrluvr said she is going on a trip to Niagara Falls.
I knew that that, Ann. I was just kidding around. I do feel guilty, though. If we don't visit one of the three bike/car shows that day (can't participate due to the lifting restrictions after my surgery), we may ride up to Potterville...at least to visit with everyone.

SpyderAnn01
08-17-2011, 07:57 AM
You and Nancy need to schedule surgery for the off season!

NancysToy
08-17-2011, 08:06 AM
You and Nancy need to schedule surgery for the off season!
But it's cheaper later in the year, when the deductible has been paid. :roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
08-17-2011, 08:07 AM
SEE POST #11 OF THIS THREAD FOR UPDATED TIMES. SEE YOU ALL ON SATURDAY.

Bootie
08-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Sorry I won't be able to make it. If all goes as planned I'll be in Bonneville, UT helping SethO with his attempts to go real fast.
He'll be running on the 27th and 28th.
Have a good time:D
Scotty, I wish you a speedy recovery (what did you do anyway?).

NancysToy
08-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Sorry I won't be able to make it. If all goes as planned I'll be in Bonneville, UT helping SethO with his attempts to go real fast.
We are trying to work our schedule around to make this...not to eat, just for a cool drink and the fine company. Not 100% sure, but it looks like it may work for us.

I had plastic surgery to restore my innie. :joke: (Umbilical hernia repair.)

rickm
08-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Scotty Glad to hear your doing OK. Rick

EricDeub
08-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Going for the Gizzard's! We will start at American Powersports in Findlay, Ohio at 8:30 am. we will leave there at 10:00 am. For all you Toledo Spyders We will make a stop at Fort Meigs at 11am. Then it is off to the famous "Joe's Gizzard City" near Lansing, Michigan for lunch. It will be a long ride and lunch will be a late one like around 2 to 3:00 pm. I know it does not sound very good, watch the video clip that is what sold me. We will be meeting some of our Michigan neighbors there so this should be a fun one. If there is time we might make a stop at Cabela's on the way home but that depends on the time.
http://www.gizzardcity.com/tv.php
Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives: Joe's Gizzard City (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pwaw1sX1jg#)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=206814543313735502864.0004a00362944758258a 1&msa=0&ll=42.047253,-83.405457&spn=1.527621,3.337097

SPYD1
08-19-2011, 07:57 PM
I am planning on it with my lovely wife

bjt
08-19-2011, 08:22 PM
I won't be able to make this trip to Gizzard City either as I'm going to an auction that morning / afternoon.

SpyderAnn01
08-19-2011, 08:44 PM
I won't be able to make this trip to Gizzard City either as I'm going to an auction that morning / afternoon.

We'll miss you.

spydrluvr
08-19-2011, 09:06 PM

:thumbup: best of luck and safe ryding to both of you

pierrelogic
08-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Hope to see a BUNCH of our Michigan neighbors. :ohyea:

No clue how many will make the trip from the Buckeye state...but there will be a "few" of us for sure. :roflblack:

Littlebadwolf
08-22-2011, 09:52 AM
I have an appointment with my surgeon on Wednesday and I'm hoping he clears me to ride on the spyder...If so..count on me to be there...otherwise I'll remain at the house sulking. It'd be nice to see everybody again. Larry

mxz600
08-22-2011, 10:21 AM
I have an appointment with my surgeon on Wednesday and I'm hoping he clears me to ride on the spyder...If so..count on me to be there...otherwise I'll remain at the house sulking. It'd be nice to see everybody again. Larry

That would be great if you could make it Larry.

Here's to hoping the Doc gives the OK.

Mark G.

NancysToy
08-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Hope to dee you there, Larry. That would be good news indeed!

SpyderAnn01
08-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Hope you get the :2thumbs: from the doc and not the :lecturef_smilie:!

Littlebadwolf
08-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Great news...surgeon cleared me for riding the spyder so I'll be going up to Joe's with you guys on the 27th.....Also noticed that Jackson's one of the gas stops...
Town & Country sports would be a great place to meet up seeing that it's on the google map..:clap:

SpyderAnn01
08-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Good news Larry! We'll see you on Saturday. Is Cindy coming with you?

mxz600
08-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Great news...surgeon cleared me for riding the spyder so I'll be going up to Joe's with you guys on the 27th.....Also noticed that Jackson's one of the gas stops...
Town & Country sports would be a great place to meet up seeing that it's on the google map..:clap:

Good for you Larry. I take it things are going well? Making a speedy recovery. Connie and I will see you and Cindy? on Saturday.

There is not a lot of chatter going on about this, and the two people from Ohio that have mentioned times are a little different. One says 1:30 to 2:00, the other 2:00 to 3:00 at Joe's. :dontknow:
I have to work on Saturday morning so I'll be leaving at noon with an estimated arrival time at Joe's around 2:10.

Who from Michigan is going?

pierrelogic
08-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Good for you Larry. I take it things are going well? Making a speedy recovery. Connie and I will see you and Cindy? on Saturday.

There is not a lot of chatter going on about this, and the two people from Ohio that have mentioned times are a little different. One says 1:30 to 2:00, the other 2:00 to 3:00 at Joe's. :dontknow:
I have to work on Saturday morning so I'll be leaving at noon with an estimated arrival time at Joe's around 2:10.

Who from Michigan is going?

My original post did say 1:30 to 2 but we had to re-evaluated that timeframe. My bad. :lecturef_smilie:

With all the logistics involved in coordinating everyone from all over the State to join up at different locales the time we expect to be at joe's gizzard City is more realistically around 3PM. We might be there a little earlier than that but not expected to be later than 3PM. Keep in mind we have some people travelling over 600 miles round trip just to see what this place is all about and meet everyone. This ride has been on our club schedule since March so everyone is excited about making the trek.

Our chatter hasn't been on here much because it's been taking place our home site. The more Spyders from Michigan that can make it the better the gathering for everyone. Bring cameras. Looks like the weather is going to be decent too.

SpyderAnn01
08-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Okay so I was snooping on the Ohio Spyder Ryders website and I found this post by Rob about the Gizzard ride "Let's ride!
PS - It's looking like the OSR club members are going to outnumber the Michigan folks in their own State!"
:shocked:

NancysToy
08-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Larry, It is great to hear that the doc said you could ride. My surgeon wasn't as kind today, he kept my restrictions in place for another week...but he fobid lifting and I never asked about riding, so I rode the day after surgery. We'll see you Saturday. Nancy and I will be there. It was nice of you folks from Ohio to order up the nice weather. We haven't had a dry Saturday yet this month!

pierrelogic
08-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Okay so I was snooping on the Ohio Spyder Ryders website and I found this post by Rob about the Gizzard ride "Let's ride!
PS - It's looking like the OSR club members are going to outnumber the Michigan folks in their own State!"

I wasn't going to mention that...but...um, yea. :agree:

It's all good. I know i'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

SpyderAnn01
08-24-2011, 10:23 PM
I wasn't going to mention that...but...um, yea. :agree:

It's all good. I know i'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Don't forget that 20 of us showed up on a cold April day to meet you guys! :dontknow: I think there will be 10 of us Michiganders.

NancysToy
08-24-2011, 10:29 PM
So what do we get if we win? :joke:

SpyderAnn01
08-24-2011, 11:21 PM
So what do we get if we win? :joke:

A shiny penny!

dancogan
08-25-2011, 06:45 AM
It looks like Geri and I will be there to join the Michigan welcoming committee! Looking forward to it. After last night's hail, a day of sunshine and blue skies will definitely be fun! :clap:

SpyderAnn01
08-25-2011, 08:13 AM
It looks like Geri and I will be there to join the Michigan welcoming committee! Looking forward to it. After last night's hail, a day of sunshine and blue skies will definitely be fun! :clap:

We missed the storm last night just got a quick little burst of heavy rain and it was on its way east. We will see you Saturday.

Rando
08-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I am hoping to make this one again. Unfortunately Bonnie has to leave for Phoenix today so I will be ryding solo.

bnme
08-25-2011, 10:31 AM
could you tell me what route you will take after leaving honda east in maumee? i read about a stop in jackson for gas. expect my wife and I to join up along the way anywhere from I-23 and sterns road (or further north), to ride and say hello. have to leave and be back by five or so, but weather will be good and a nice area to ride depending on route.

hope it works out.

thanks.

EricDeub
08-25-2011, 03:23 PM

Thats right you heard it "bring it" Michigan :thumbup:. Remember you have home advantage :roflblack:

EricDeub
08-25-2011, 03:27 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=206814543313735502864.0004a00362944758258a 1&msa=0&ll=42.218348,-84.211578&spn=0.380882,0.834274

The Route map

could you tell me what route you will take after leaving honda east in maumee? i read about a stop in jackson for gas. expect my wife and I to join up along the way anywhere from I-23 and sterns road (or further north), to ride and say hello. have to leave and be back by five or so, but weather will be good and a nice area to ride depending on route.

hope it works out.

thanks.

SpyderAnn01
08-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Thats right you heard it "bring it" Michigan :thumbup:. Remember you have home advantage :roflblack:

Sorry Eric but now it looks like Ohio will be out numbered after all. :clap:

NancysToy
08-25-2011, 04:34 PM
We can negotiate a handicap. How many points do you want? :D

SpyderAnn01
08-25-2011, 04:36 PM
We can negotiate a handicap. How many points do you want? :D

They already have a handicap half their people are coming in cages :roflblack:

mxz600
08-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Our chatter hasn't been on here much because it's been taking place our home site. The more Spyders from Michigan that can make it the better the gathering for everyone. Bring cameras. Looks like the weather is going to be decent too.

You'll have to excuse me, I'm a little slow.

I kept checking here and at Spyderlovers Ohio and was finding nothing. I just now realized you have your own site.:thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing Tim and Annamarie again. I hope their belt holds up.

Mark G.

EricDeub
08-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Sorry Eric but now it looks like Ohio will be out numbered after all. :clap:

Not after I do some fancy mirror tricks. :ohyea:

pierrelogic
08-25-2011, 05:14 PM
They already have a handicap half their people are coming in cages :roflblack:

"support vehicles" :coffee:

NancysToy
08-25-2011, 05:37 PM
"support vehicles" :coffee:
It is only a support vehicle if it is carrying extra gas and pulling an empty trailer...otherwise it is a "storm shelter". :D:yikes:

hansensmomx2
08-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Rich and I are coming thanks for the invite. Are you guys meeting up at Town & Country? That's where we got our Spyder:clap: If so what time.

NancysToy
08-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Rich and I are coming thanks for the invite. Are you guys meeting up at Town & Country? That's where we got our Spyder:clap: If so what time.
Nancy and I considered riding over to Town & Country, and maybe eating lunch at Artesian Wells, but we probably will just leave from Battle Creek and take the back roads instead. T&C is a long haul off the expressway. If you decide to ride straight up, give a shout and we'd be glad to try to arrange to meet up here.

SpyderAnn01
08-25-2011, 10:32 PM

I'm not positive but I think the Ohio group may be stopping at or near Town and Country on their way in. Check out their route map link.

Littlebadwolf
08-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Yup...Cindi will be with me...we're going to attempt to meet folks at Town & Country if I can figure out a time line...otherwise will head up to Joe's...See y'all tomorrow.

pierrelogic
08-26-2011, 05:24 PM
We may have a few more coming from the Buckeye State that originally thought...

(Did I say that out loud?) :ohyea:

See everyone tomorrow!

SpyderAnn01
08-26-2011, 05:32 PM
We may have a few more coming from the Buckeye State that originally thought...

(Did I say that out loud?) :ohyea:

See everyone tomorrow!

Sounds like you have plent of room in that mini van for tag a longs!

Dragon Snake
08-26-2011, 09:23 PM
what time are we going to meet at Joe's?:dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
08-26-2011, 09:25 PM
what time are we going to meet at Joe's?:dontknow:

I'm trying for 2:00 in case they arrive early. They were estimating between 2 and 3:00

Dragon Snake
08-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks. See all of you tomorrow. :D

NancysToy
08-26-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm trying for 2:00 in case they arrive early. They were estimating between 2 and 3:00
We were shooting for 2:30-ish, but who knows for certain. Still trying to decide whether or not to ride up to GR afterwards for the Metro Cruise.

SpyderAnn01
08-26-2011, 10:36 PM
We were shooting for 2:30-ish, but who knows for certain. Still trying to decide whether or not to ride up to GR afterwards for the Metro Cruise.

We were there tonight. I saw three other Spyders on 28th St.! Lots and lots of really cool cars. We will go back tomorrow for sure.

NancysToy
08-27-2011, 07:55 PM
:clap: Great turnout at Joe's Gizzard City by both the Michigan and the Ohio contingents. Michigan had one more Spyder, but I did not count heads. Ohio may have won that one. It was a great day for a ride, and the company was splendid, too. Thanks to all for setting this up and participating. I'm sure there will be some pics posted soon.

Edit: Added pics -
1. Look who we caught without a camera in her face.
2. The Ohio group (+ 2 of ours to make them look good)
3. The Michigan side (- 2 of our "shadier" riders)
4. Spyders taking up the whole block

SpyderAnn01
08-27-2011, 09:48 PM
What a fun time we had today! Great turnout from both sides of the border but I do think there were more Michiganders. Next time we will invade Ohio.

dancogan
08-27-2011, 09:53 PM
It was great to see so many Spyders in one place! And it was fun meeting new friends - both from Ohio and from Michigan. It was a great gathering blessed with great weather! My thanks, too, to all who helped organize and to all who showed up. :clap::clap::clap:

SpyderAnn01
08-27-2011, 10:02 PM
And a special thanks to the Ohio riders for their gift of an Ohio State football which they all signed. :clap::clap:

poorboy1942
08-27-2011, 10:43 PM
I had intentions of meeting you there today but got a call while I was on the road and all my plans changed. I did get to go for a ride though.

http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=371d4e59871ca979e

Next time,

Bob

pierrelogic
08-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Made it home alive. Thanks to everyone for coming. Pictures tomorrow...er, later today. :shocked:

Going into a coma now. ;)

SpyderAnn01
08-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Made it home alive. Thanks to everyone for coming. Pictures tomorrow...er, later today. :shocked:

Going into a coma now. ;)

That was quite the long day you had. Glad to hear you made it home.

Paula(Butch2025)
08-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Looks like you all had a beautiful day for a ride too. --Paula

Firefly
08-28-2011, 10:09 AM
:clap: Great turnout at Joe's Gizzard City by both the Michigan and the Ohio contingents. Michigan had one more Spyder, but I did not count heads. Ohio may have won that one. It was a great day for a ride, and the company was splendid, too. Thanks to all for setting this up and participating. I'm sure there will be some pics posted soon.

Edit: Added pics -
1. Look who we caught without a camera in her face.
2. The Ohio group (+ 2 of ours to make them look good)
3. The Michigan side (- 2 of our "shadier" riders)
4. Taking up the whole block

Hey Scotty -- I might have some extra pounds I'm carrying-- but I'm hardly taking up the WHOLE BLOCK---- :roflblack:

hansensmomx2
08-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Ti was great to meet all of you. Thanks for the welcome into the Spyder Web.:thumbup: Thanks to Scott and Nancy for helping us find our way there and home. We can't wait to do it again:clap:

SPYD1
08-28-2011, 12:20 PM
It was great seeing/meeting everyone. A great day for such a ryde.

Ann, We brought a lot of attention to the Cruise last nite with the Spyders...Nice seeing you bothe again.

Mark/Connie...thnaks for leading the way!!

The Triple D burger has my heart beating slow today!!!

Littlebadwolf
08-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Was great seeing everybody again..Good job with the organization of the event Eric and everybody else involved. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Looking forward for more riding before the weather gets bad....Larry & Cindi

NancysToy
08-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Hey Scotty -- I might have some extra pounds I'm carrying-- but I'm hardly taking up the WHOLE BLOCK---- :roflblack:
:opps: Better?

4. Spyders taking up the whole block

dancogan
08-28-2011, 07:04 PM
It was a great day and I forgot to mention one thing that made it better. For the 150 mile round trip we averaged 37 mpg! One tank is not really a valid long distance test, but mileage is always best when we're on back roads doing 35-55 mph and gearing down in the curves. Another reason to avoid the slab.

NancysToy
08-28-2011, 07:27 PM
It was a great day and I forgot to mention one thing that made it better. For the 150 mile round trip we averaged 37 mpg! One tank is not really a valid long distance test, but mileage is always best when we're on back roads doing 35-55 mph and gearing down in the curves. Another reason to avoid the slab.
I did 32.7 going there and back, which is a new record. Taking the state highways and watching my speed (like a good group leader) worked wonders! BTW, I did far worse riding over to the TCD vintage show today. Thanks for the tip...I had fun.

kinggeek
08-28-2011, 10:06 PM
We had a great time., it was fun meeting so many Spyderlovers. We we also made it home alive. 625 miles and 16.5 hours later. That is the longest round trip for a meal so far....

Spydigirl
09-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Wow! sorry I missed it maybe next time! :(

SpyderAnn01
09-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Wow! sorry I missed it maybe next time! :(

:welcome: You need to watch the Michigan forum for group rides. Next up is the Tunnel of Trees the end of September.