PDA

View Full Version : Monthly get together

Dragonrider
08-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Not much for Clubs, or group rides, but a monthly breakfast or similar gathering would be fun - getting ready for a couple of weeks in the Yellowstone area at end of the month & first part of September - other than that, I'm open.

Cat & Vaughn shared some really super back roads - and we all have some in our pockets - perhaps we could do our own "Back Roads of Oregon" - might be a great project for some one who's retired… just a thought.

Spyder Couple
08-16-2011, 02:26 PM
That sounds great Bill. I think we should get everyone out our way and do a picnic or

something around Hagg Lake and maybe some back roads to Newberg or Mac.

Major spyder
08-17-2011, 12:15 AM
as soon I get my RT..... I am in soon I hope

;)

Cooter
08-22-2011, 09:49 AM
We might be in for some informal rides/get togethers. Just got our sypder a week ago, not much time on her, yet:clap:

Spyder Cat
08-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Not exactly sure when or where our route will take us, but we're hoping to ride thru Bend to Yakima, and then who knows.... sometime in mid-Sept.
We'd like to go see Rainier and St Helens if the parks are still open.
Any routes or places you can recommend will be considered.

And anytime you'd like to see more of the beauty of S Oregon (including more semi-paved goat trails), be sure to let us know :roflblack:

Dragonrider
08-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Great trip Cat - think about taking 126 to 26 to the John Day Fossil beds, then North to Condon, then 206 back to 97. Avoids the drylands North of Bend, and adds some REALLY nice bike roads.

Then take 12 out of Yakama to NF25, then South.

Great rides!!

Spyder Cat
08-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Great trip Cat - think about taking 126 to 26 to the John Day Fossil beds, then North to Condon, then 206 back to 97. Avoids the drylands North of Bend, and adds some REALLY nice bike roads.

Then take 12 out of Yakama to NF25, then South.

Great rides!!

:thumbup: Thanks, we'll check out that route.... sounds great

Dragonrider
08-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Condon is a "sneeze & you'll miss it" kind of town (Pop 350 +/-), but the Condon Hotel (also easy to miss) used to have a 5 star restaurant inside - seems Condon is where all the local ranchers come for Friday shopping & dinner…