PDA

View Full Version : Anxiously Awaiting Our Spyder

CATastrophe
08-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi all. I've been reading here for a couple days since we decided to go all out and get a RT Limited. Hopefully we'll be picking it up later this week.

Husband and I both have motorcycle licenses, but haven't had bikes in a few years. When Spyders first came out, we took a test drive and although we weren't thrilled with the first model - too crotchrocket like for us - we knew they'd be making tourers if the first year or so was successful.

We saw RTs at the fair last year and loved them on sight. It was even better when we sat on them. :D

We just can't wait to get out and about on it.

This looks like a friendly place for info and such. I'm sure I'll be here often. :)

BikerDoc
08-15-2011, 07:53 PM
:welcome::congrats: ryde safe and have lots of fun

Lamonster
08-15-2011, 07:57 PM
:welcome:
Where you getting it?

joe schmoe
08-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Congrats!! My wife absolutely loves her :spyder2:!!

SpyderAnn01
08-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Welcome and I'm sure you'll enjoy your new RT

ARtraveler
08-15-2011, 08:39 PM
:welcome: and :congrats:on the new ryde. Your going to like the RT. You have also come to the right place for everything :spyder2:

CATastrophe
08-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Hubby and I will share. I can always ride during the day when he works. (He works from home) And when we go out together, I'll let him drive so I can ogle scenery.

Lamonster, we're getting it from East TN ATV and Powersports in Elizabethton. I know they are a platinum dealership and sell quite a few of them. I'm comfortable with the owners. They seem very nice and knowledgeable and the owners each have a spyder, as does their son.

They also mentioned a few spyder couples who like friends to ride with and will help us with introductions. We've only lived here about 2 years.

Is that the shop you frequent?

NancysToy
08-15-2011, 09:13 PM
:welcome: Enjoy the Ryde!

GadgetGuy442
08-15-2011, 09:33 PM
:clap::congrats::ohyea: You're gonna LOVE it, I'll bet!! Have fun.. post a pic when you get it!

Bill

CATastrophe
08-18-2011, 01:04 PM
We brought it home last night. We both practiced a bit in a parking lot then husband rode it home and I drove the car.

This morning I got in about an hour ride before the rain. I just loooove it! It handles so nicely and is very easy to get used to. I'm thinking about squeezing in another quick ride before he gets off work. :D