View Full Version : Fredericksburg Area Meet, Eat, and Ryde - August 21st

OceanEyes
08-14-2011, 12:30 PM
DATE: August 21, 2011 (Sunday)

TIME: 10am @ Fredericksburg Motor Sports

RYDE: Approx. 65 east of Fredericksburg

LUNCH: Tim's II Crabhouse and Restaurant

END: Fredericksburg Motor Sports

A Fredericksburg Area Meet, Greet, & Ryde event is planned for August 21, 2011. We will be meeting at Fredericksburg Motor Sports at 10am then riding approx. 65 miles east of Fredericksburg ending up at Tim's II Crabhouse and Restaurant for lunch then back to FMS.

Come out and meet other fellow Spyder owners in the area. Everyone is welcome no matter how many wheels!

Hope to see you there!!!! :2thumbs:

spyder2011
08-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry will not be able to make it but looking forward to the next meet & greet. How was the meet & greet on the 14th was there a good turn out.

OceanEyes
08-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Sorry will not be able to make it but looking forward to the next meet & greet. How was the meet & greet on the 14th was there a good turn out.

Sadly, we had to postpone the 14th meet and greet because the forecast was bad. Not sure if anyone actually turned out because the weather was actually ok to my dismay. Anyways we tried to reschedule for this coming weekend but seems that participation may be limited. I will continue to post events and meet and greets so I hope to see you at one in the future. Take care!!!

OceanEyes
08-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Anyone planning to attend?

Hollywood
08-17-2011, 03:08 PM
OceanEyes:

I'm in.

Hollywood

Cal777
08-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi OceanEyes

We plan to come if it's still on. I'm glad it was postponed last weekend, as we were working out of town. We have been looking forward to it . We have been wanting to meet and ride with other Va Spyder people for a long time. We saw a Spyder with Va plates at SITA, and wanted to hook up but had Spyder trouble and didn't get the chance. Hoping for a good turnout!!!!!!!

Rudy

Wardawg
08-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Anyone planning to attend?

Sadly, she is still in the shop....if by chance I get her by then, I'll be there....otherwise I'll take a rain check.....again!

OceanEyes
08-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi OceanEyes

We plan to come if it's still on. I'm glad it was postponed last weekend, as we were working out of town. We have been looking forward to it . We have been wanting to meet and ride with other Va Spyder people for a long time. We saw a Spyder with Va plates at SITA, and wanted to hook up but had Spyder trouble and didn't get the chance. Hoping for a good turnout!!!!!!!

Rudy

The meet and greet is still on. Ryde routes and directions to Tim's will be handed out at FMS when everyone meets up around 10am.

I would have loved to go to SITA. Even better I wish it were possible to go to SITR but a cross counrty trip is pretty far for me. It would have to be with a group of other Spyders from the East Coast.

spyder-dude
08-18-2011, 06:51 PM
If weather is going to be good I am planning on making it from Staunton, VA area...I have a 2 hour drive to get there but looks like a nice route.... Did a nice ride on the blue ridge parkway today which is in my back yard now (5 miles from it now).....wow what a nice ride it was.

OceanEyes
08-18-2011, 07:02 PM
If weather is going to be good I am planning on making it from Staunton, VA area...I have a 2 hour drive to get there but looks like a nice route.... Did a nice ride on the blue ridge parkway today which is in my back yard now (5 miles from it now).....wow what a nice ride it was.

I'd love to plan a ride on the blue ridge parkway...I'm thinking a Fall ryde to see the leaves changing.

Cal777
08-18-2011, 09:18 PM

We live 30 minutes from the BRP near Floyd. Getting from here to there is a better ride than the BRP itself.
Rudy

spyder-dude
08-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Rudy,

You are in Floyd, VA? Let me know if you are going to go this sunday and maybe we can ride up together....

Cal777
08-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Spyder-dude
We're leaving today and just taking our time. Looking forward to this ride!
Rudy

spyder-dude
08-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Great ride with some new spyder friends! I ended up doing 325 miles for the day. The group ride was like 120 miles....and we had lunch Tim's II at Fairview Beach Restaurant & Crab House in King George, VA. It was nice to meet you guys/gal.

Hollywood
08-22-2011, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=spyder-dude;364813]Great ride with some new spyder friends! I ended up doing 325 miles for the day. The group ride was like 120 miles....and we had lunch Tim's II at Fairview Beach Restaurant & Crab House in King George, VA. It was nice to meet you guys/gal.

OceanEyes/All:

Had a good turn out Sunday 21 Aug 2011. There were 5 Bikes/6 Riders (2 RT's, 2 RS's and BMW R9016 (vintage). Ron did a great job as RC and awesum TG with Rick. Was great to meet Shawn, Ron, Rudy, Connie, and Rick. Made new friends on a great ride and good table conversation at Tim's II. I logged a total of 170 miles from home and back. Hope all made it home safely and dry. The rain held out for us, but near the end of the day it was (rain) not too far behind us. Many thanks to all who made this ride and all who made/planned the ride route riding the Northern Neck of VA. Look forward to the next ride.

Hollywood

Cal777
08-22-2011, 07:27 PM
We also had a very good time riding with our new spyder friends. We appreciate the effort that went into organizing and carrying out this ride, and thank you all for having us. Shawn, Rick, Ron and Roger, we look forward to riding with you again, and also look forward to meeting more Va Spyder riders. Oceaneyes, thank you for your work on this ride and look forward to meeting you. We rode with spyderdude to the BRP and rode it about 50 mi, taking a few breaks, got off at Buena Vista for gas and decided to ride the rest of the way home down I-81 to Roanoke, had dinner and 220 home, abut 9 pm I think about 350 mi for the day. We're looking forward to the next one, maybe in our area of the state. Spyderdude's area is only about 2 hrs from you all.
Rudy and Connie

OceanEyes
08-22-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm so glad you all enjoyed the ryde. Thanks for posting pics. Sorry I couldn't make it to this one but I hope to meet you all very soon. Looking forward to heading out towards the BRP. If you have any thoughts on another ryde or possible meeting place out towards the BRP...let me know.

Ryde Safe Everyone!!!:D

spyder-dude
08-23-2011, 08:09 PM
I am going to try to get my new dealer down at Ruckersville to see if they want to arrange a ride around the Blue Ridge Parkway within the next month...."Spyders on the Blue Ridge Parkway" rider event??? Who is interested?

Cal777
08-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Count us in.
Rudy

OceanEyes
08-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Sounds like a great idea! I'm in! Let me know if you need any help.