PDA

View Full Version : Bits and Pieces

Kraut
08-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I haven’t been logged in much lately-been getting caught up on all the thread reading. and it has led me to a point of philosophical waxing. First, I hadn’t realized how much I missed riding. It has been over 10 years since I last straddled a bike of any sort-my knees are shot and I believed that aging and being half past 60 was just a fact of life and that I may as well put riding away as a fond memory. I thoroughly love ryding my RT “Bucket Byke” and it doesn’t matter whether it’s a drive down to the supermarket or a two up day trip with my wife.

I had researched the Can-Am RT along with Honda and Harley trike conversions for about a year before we purchased our RT at the Whittier Fun Center, so we were not buying the scooter blind. The sales manager worked closely with us to help us get what we wanted and as we took delivery of the RT, it was clear to me that I was not dealing with a used car salesman but rather someone who loved riding and his job. There were no gotchas or slight of hand add on costs.

The Spyder is a unique machine and cannot be compared to a two wheeler or a trike conversion- it is what it is. I know I’m a newby, non-technical, and will rely on my dealership for most of the maintenance, and that’s OK.

We’ve had no problems with our RT so far, and I’m not worrying about any; we will deal with whatever comes along. And when my ryding days come to an end I will not have to look back and wish that I only had. . . .

FrankPa
08-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm a noobe rider, too. Had my license 40 years, haven't been on a bike in 39.

I've had my RT-S for about six weeks and have just under 1400 trouble-free miles on it. Still not real comfortable at 70 on the hightway, but I'll get there... used to feel the same way taking off while learning to fly; it passes with experience.

Bottom line is: There is room for improvement, but man, what a ride! This thing is just so far beyond fun!!!

Frank.
Harrisburg, PA

Hawk Eye
08-12-2011, 06:25 PM
:congrats::welcome: It gets better with miles.

Pete:2thumbs::2thumbs:

medic 1
08-12-2011, 06:38 PM
:congrats: on your new ride and :welcome: have fun and ryde safe, Bill

warp10
08-12-2011, 07:16 PM
:congrats:on riding again, welcome to the site

DynamoBT
08-12-2011, 07:31 PM
The Spyder has allowed a lot of us to keep adventure alive. It really is a great technology! Welcome to SpyderLovers!!

Enjoy the ryde!! I have a grin on my face every time I swing my leg over!!

baldman902
08-12-2011, 11:45 PM
:welcome::congrats: Welcome to the wonderful world of spyderdom!:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
08-13-2011, 12:26 AM
:congrats::welcome:'s on your new rydes.

MouthPiece
08-13-2011, 08:11 AM
I don't think that I could have put it any better than you. I'm happy for you.

Chris

CJ/johnnyg
08-13-2011, 01:56 PM
:welcome: to our world. :clap: ride safe and have fun while you can.

Boriken
08-13-2011, 06:52 PM
:welcome: & :congrats: on your new ryde :yes::yes:.