PDA

View Full Version : Short Notice: Breakfast in Winston-Salem Tomorrow 13 Aug

ulflyer
08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Spur of moment thing; if anyone would like to meet for breakfast in the morning and then ride up into the foothills afterwards, post here so I'll know whether to go or not. Don't want to be only one there.

Meet at K&W Cafeteria at 8:30am on 800 E. Hanes Mill Blvd just off Rt. 8 on N. side of Winston off Rt 52. Driving directions here:

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result.php?ard=1&q2=800%2BE%2BHanes%2BMill%2BRd%2BWinston-Salem%2BNC&q1=enter+your+starting+address...#mvt=m&q1=enter%2Byour%2Bstarting%2Baddress...&q2=800%2BE%2BHanes%2BMill%2BRd%2BWinston-Salem%2BNC

ulflyer
08-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Got up at 6am to see if the forum was back up and if anyone could make the breakfast and its raining like crazy out. Guess we'll try this another day.

While I'm on here, let me ask: are there any of you in the general Triad area that can do breakfast during the week? I'm retired, so most any day other than wed works for me. I'd like to meet some other Can Am owners to ride with.

2Gunns
08-13-2011, 07:26 AM
off your topic UL but what do you fly. Played around with C150's for awhile, now my buddies fly Powered parachutes down this way. (when the weather is just right...which isn't often enough)

ulflyer
08-13-2011, 07:42 AM
I've had a couple of Phantoms with 503? Rotax motors and also built a couple of XAirs 2 seaters. First had Rotax and second a Jabiru 4 stroke aircraft motor. Got my training certificate and did a bit of that for awhile. The Xair would get off the ground in about 200 feet. Went to a lot of fly-ins for awhile and took folks up just for the fun of it.

When FAA pushed thru the Sport Pilot thing it did away with UL training, and about killed the UL movement, so I gave it up.

Had a buddy with a 172 that was a dream to fly. Another had an Ercoupe and let me drive it around once we got in the air....what a sweet little bird.