PDA

View Full Version : Delay Can Am Accessories????

TwinPeaks
08-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Has anyone ordered accessories or anything from the Can Am Site? I purchased my second SPYDER a month ago and had the dealer order me
a couple covers and a GPS. I just got the GPS yesterday, but the dealer has no idea when the covers will be in. I noticed on their site that items are "unavailble". I really need a cover before I can take the bike to work, I don't want jet fuel, etc. getting on the bike.

Tiny1
08-12-2011, 11:37 AM
I really need a cover before I can take the bike to work, I don't want jet fuel, etc. getting on the bike.
:agree: Heck you don't want to water it with JP whatever. It may sprout wings and fly:roflblack:

Dtryke
08-12-2011, 12:06 PM
I purchased covers from Nelson Riggs (sp?)... Cheaper, in stock, fits great, no problems.... FYI

GLHRN
08-12-2011, 12:34 PM
I just ordered from the CanAm site and am still waiting for my order. It shipped from Maine and is coming USPS. I got my covers from gpscity.com and got them in a couple of days.

GLHRN
08-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Sorry... Missed understood, thought you were looking for GPS cover. I need to read better! But I do recommend gpscity. LOL

fastfraser
08-12-2011, 02:49 PM
I just order to BRP headsets on Wed. and just got a call from my dealer that they are in ! Mind you they also ordered a CB antenna at the same time under warranty and it didn't arrive yet . Guess it depends what they have in stock ?

Radthorne
08-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I ordered my RT travel cover thru the dealer when I bought the bike, at the beginning of July. It's been backordered since then, but when I picked up the bike on Wednesday from it's 600 mile service, they told me that the covers would ship next week. So I think they've been waiting for a container from overseas to arrive. :)

MikeinGA
08-12-2011, 04:15 PM
I just ordered from the CanAm site and am still waiting for my order. It shipped from Maine and is coming USPS. I got my covers from gpscity.com and got them in a couple of days.

I have tried to order from the CamAm site. I wanted to know if my parts were in stock. They could not tell me. So I will never order from them, not a good company if they don't know were their inventory is. That's IMHO.

Mike

stevedfive
08-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Most dealers here in California have the covers in stock.

Hokiev
08-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Has anyone ordered accessories or anything from the Can Am Site? I purchased my second SPYDER a month ago and had the dealer order me
a couple covers and a GPS. I just got the GPS yesterday, but the dealer has no idea when the covers will be in. I noticed on their site that items are "unavailble". I really need a cover before I can take the bike to work, I don't want jet fuel, etc. getting on the bike.

I ordered my cover when I got my bike in Mid June and got the cover about 5 weeks later.

CJ/johnnyg
08-13-2011, 02:14 PM
I purchased covers from Nelson Riggs (sp?)... Cheaper, in stock, fits great, no problems.... FYI

Me too ,works great and it came pretty quick in the mail also

Boriken
08-13-2011, 08:30 PM
I purchased both the travel and outside covers directly from my dealer. (Stock Items).

TwinPeaks
08-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Thanks, I'm still waiting on my covers. If they don't come in soon, I'm going to ask for a refund and order from one of the places you all have suggested. The GPS came in last week. My dealer doesn't stock very many Can-Am accessories, their main focus is watercraft and Victory. The do give me excellant service which, is important. I've bought 2 SPYDERs from them.