PDA

View Full Version : OSR Lewis n Clark Expedition - 8/13/2011

pierrelogic
08-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Sorry for the late notice...thought this was already posted here. :dontknow:

The Lewis and Clark Expedition ride this is going to be a fun and exciting ride; starting in New Philadelphia, Ohio. Like Lewis and Clark we will be exploring areas we have never been and have no idea what we will discover on the path. We are exploring our beautiful state and parts of West Virginia. If you like twisty's and scenic wilderness this is the ride for you. There is no time agenda. We are kinda thinking in true Lewis and Clark fashion to just "wing" the hotels. With several members having smart phones we should be able to find a place to accommodate us on the road. And this will give us extra flexibility on the ride to go wherever we want due to not having a destination to return to.

Due to the aggressiveness of this route we will be making plenty of stops to rest and take pictures so bring water. We have laid out a map to give you an idea what kind of route we will take but are actual route is at the discretion of the leader. We will be traveling down some very interesting roads. THIS RIDE IS NOT TWO WHEEL FRIENDLY! It is very possible that we will be going down some loose gravel roads. Since we are traveling through parts of West Virginia please bring your helmet. HELMETS ARE REQUIRED IN West Virginia! This will be approximately 300 mile ride. So a stay over is recommended/encouraged, but not required. :thumbup: We will meet in New Philadelphia, OH Bob Evans off I-77 and 39 at 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning. We plan to leave between 10:00 - 10:30am on the adventure of the summer!

Bob Evans Restaurant (http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=9590871999439100563&cd=1&cad=src:ppiwlink&ei=fGxAToPlMoKCNP6u_JEL&sig2=eSoX16DiSWd26EzUGdP5GA&dtab=2)http://maps.gstatic.com/mapfiles/transparent.png‎

895 Commercial Parkway
Dover, OH 44622-3152

"Come ride with us"

DaGrlz
08-10-2011, 07:38 AM
This is going to be a great ride. Count us in!

If you live in Ohio or anywhere near New Philly you should really try and make this ride. OSR is a great group of people. Eric and Rob do an incrediable job putting together rides for all skill sets.

We can all say it's fun riding our Spyders and the looks you get are great....but add another 15 spyder to that and we become a rolling carnival. :joke:

CyncySpyder
08-10-2011, 08:31 AM
I hate missing most of the OSR rydes so far this year, but with us living so far south-west (out of state even) most meeting points are hundreds of miles away for us, as is this one. 225 miles one way, 4 hours regular time and 5 hours Teddy time :roflblack: So that means we'd have to leave around 3:30-4:00am just to make the meeting point in time for breakfast:shocked:

Weather forecast so far for this weekend is showers, so if it holds true, we sadly won't be able to make this trip:(My rear tire is just about to the wear bars & I had a lil slip-n-slide on my last outing, so I don't wanna chance a long distance road-trip in adverse weather conditions, just a recipe for trouble:lecturef_smilie: But if the outlook changes & gets better, I'll do my best to make sure the OSR mascot makes an appearance :2thumbs: