PDA

View Full Version : arntufun

wyliec
08-08-2011, 12:05 PM
I have you to blame and thank.

You mentioned thinking about a Kindle a few weeks back. This weekend while in B&N I noticed the Nook Color and purchased it.

It's a little larger than the Kindle; but, it has email and web capabilities, and also video.

arntufun
08-08-2011, 01:10 PM
I have you to blame and thank.

You mentioned thinking about a Kindle a few weeks back. This weekend while in B&N I noticed the Nook Color and purchased it.

It's a little larger than the Kindle; but, it has email and web capabilities, and also video.

How is it to read in the daylight and lowlight ???

Bob Denman
08-08-2011, 01:39 PM
How is it to read in the daylight and lowlight ???
When the light's are low; this fellow ain't reading... :opps:
What sort of connection to the internet do you need for those "books"?

wyliec
08-08-2011, 02:32 PM
When the light's are low; this fellow ain't reading... :opps:
What sort of connection to the internet do you need for those "books"?

It's wifi. You set up an account at B&N.com.

No problem with low light or no light. Haven't tried it outdoors in the sunlight.

Bob Denman
08-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Uh-oh... we got "no-fi" down here... :gaah: Cell service doesn't even exist here yet! :yikes: I was wondering if some sort of wireless internet connection (sort of like the "wired" type that I have in my office) would work...

wyliec
08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Uh-oh... we got "no-fi" down here... :gaah: Cell service doesn't even exist here yet! :yikes: I was wondering if some sort of wireless internet connection (sort of like the "wired" type that I have in my office) would work...

If you are just purchasing a Kindle, I believe you can connect to your computer and go to B&N.com and set up an account. You should be able to transfer from your computer to the Kindle.

I can transfer either by wifi or connected to my computer b/c the Nook Color is wifi capable.

retread
08-08-2011, 08:56 PM
If you have a wireless router for your internet, you should be able to get on line with it, I've got a Cruz Reader that can.

john