PDA

View Full Version : Are BRP upgrades posted here?

Mr. White
08-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I quote this from another post. Just wondering.

"Scotty, while we are on the subject, how do we know about recalls, upgrades, etc. Most companies send out notices by mail, but it doesn't seem BRP does this. I would have never known about the -7, -8 or -9 if Lamont and others had not posted the information here.

I guess the BRP policy is you get the upgrades at the dealer when you go for maintenance. Okay, fine, but many here do their own oil/filters and don't go to their dealer that often.

I consider thses present upgrades to be important and serious improvements. I think BRP has a way to go in their lack of notifications of upgrades.

Is there any web site we can go to see all upgrades.... I wonder what 2011-1 through -6 are?

Lots of room for improvement here by BRP!"

wyliec
08-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Unless it's a safety issue, you are stuck counting on the dealer being up to date on upgrades. They have access to the BRP website for upgrades, which you don't. But, not all dealers check on a consistent basis.

ARtraveler
08-08-2011, 10:53 AM
:agree::popcorn::popcorn:

boborgera
08-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Up grades are not recalls, Recalls require by law a mailed notice to all owners.
Up dates seem to be hit or miss with most dealers.:dontknow:

Y Rider
08-08-2011, 11:18 AM
At the bottom of Spyderlovers home page is list of service bulletins but it doesn't seem to be up-to-date.