PDA

View Full Version : SHOCKED in a good way

waytootall67
08-08-2011, 10:12 AM
So back this spring I started looking at bikes, one of the bikes I looked at had a solo seat and the better half said that that suited her just fine, there is no way in heall she would get on the back. My love is not a wind your face kinda gal, she didnt like the jeep convertible and didnt like the jet ski and perfers the sunroof closed on the car, where I am like a big ole hound and perfer sticking my head out the window. So two weekends ago I said "So if I borrow my buddies' wife's helmet would you go for a quick tour around the hood?" She agreed just to shut me up. Her response to how was it was "I didnt hate it as much as I thought I would."

Thursday I got home from work and the first thing she says is "lets go helmet shopping". So after the weekend she now has a full face lid, a riding jacket and all I hear now is "When are we going riding?":clap:

Also it was mentioned last night that she wouldnt mind going to a empty parking lot to get some behind the bars experience.:yikes:

SpyderAnn01
08-08-2011, 10:15 AM
That is great. I take it you have a Spyder?

8LEGS
08-08-2011, 10:38 AM
:2thumbs: Good deal!

ARtraveler
08-08-2011, 10:58 AM
That's the way it goes. If you can get someone on a :spyder2: for a short intro ride, you will find they turn into :spyder2: lovers. Take it slow and easy on the first real rides--in particular the corners. :clap:

waytootall67
08-08-2011, 11:09 AM
That is great. I take it you have a Spyder?

Sorry...yes I got a RS in May, and I love it and now she does too. I have found that it a different dynamic with a passenger and I find myself taking corners extra slow...at least for now;)

COOLMACHINE
08-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Sorry...yes I got a RS in May, and I love it and now she does too. I have found that it a different dynamic with a passenger and I find myself taking corners extra slow...at least for now;)
Yep, don't want to go loosing any passengers! "Two" have to become "One!"

Yazz
08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Looking into my crystal ball and seeing two Spyders in your garage soon. :D

Congrats on both Y'all enjoying the wind in your face!

retread
08-08-2011, 12:35 PM
If you get her an RT, maybe she'll let you ryde it.:joke:

john

NancysToy
08-08-2011, 02:22 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CincySpyder
08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
next thing she will get her license and take your Spyder..ask me how I know I am looking for another two wheeler now.

Weave2u
08-08-2011, 04:32 PM
You may have created a Spyder monster :roflblack:

CynHood
08-08-2011, 05:04 PM
kool!

Blue Star
08-08-2011, 05:37 PM
So back this spring I started looking at bikes, one of the bikes I looked at had a solo seat and the better half said that that suited her just fine, there is no way in heall she would get on the back. My love is not a wind your face kinda gal, she didnt like the jeep convertible and didnt like the jet ski and perfers the sunroof closed on the car, where I am like a big ole hound and perfer sticking my head out the window. So two weekends ago I said "So if I borrow my buddies' wife's helmet would you go for a quick tour around the hood?" She agreed just to shut me up. Her response to how was it was "I didnt hate it as much as I thought I would."

Thursday I got home from work and the first thing she says is "lets go helmet shopping". So after the weekend she now has a full face lid, a riding jacket and all I hear now is "When are we going riding?":clap:

Also it was mentioned last night that she wouldnt mind going to a empty parking lot to get some behind the bars experience.:yikes:

I can relate, as the same thing happened with my wife. Said she would never get on my spyder, and now wants to go for a ryde every Saturday night (she works evenings, and I work days). Yes, she also talks about the day we get either a RT or another RS. :clap::clap::clap:

Smokinspyder
08-09-2011, 10:54 AM
This totally happened to me a little to . my wife started riding last year and bought a 2010 Ninja 250r . She hit a pot hole and her rear tire stepped out on her and she called it quits .. now we still have her damn bike. But i bought my spyder this year and she feels so much safer on it espically with the back rest . but she is still squirmish on it cause you can feel her twitching when brake lights in front of me go on lol.