PDA

View Full Version : SpyderFest 2012 Dates Have Been Set

SpyderLady
08-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Ladies,

Block you calendars for the 2012 SpyderFest in Cuba, MO. Dates are: Wendesday April 25 through Sunday April 29, 2012. As I get more details and information I will keep everyone up to date.

fastfraser
08-07-2011, 04:41 PM
:2thumbs: Let us be the first to say dates booked on the vacation planner and we are in. Had a great time ( minus the weather ) last year and the poker run was a blast. Cowtown and venders village as well as the town of CUBA rock.

murphybrown
08-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks got my room reserved...now what is it you are going to do about controlling 2012 weather???? :roflblack::roflblack: Anybody who can put on an quality event like SF 2011 MUST have the power to control weather.!!..I think you just forgot about that when doing all the 2011 planning and that is why it (weather) had such a bad attitude...didn't stop me and won't stop me for 2012 either!!! But do think by asking early I shoulllllld get what I want...don't you agree?????

Ladies,

Block you calendars for the 2012 SpyderFest in Cuba, MO. Dates are: Wendesday April 25 through Sunday April 29, 2012. As I get more details and information I will keep everyone up to date.

SpyderAnn01
08-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm in and this time I'm bringing my better half. I agree with MurphyBrown please request better weather for 2012.

Dentin028
08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
:ohyea::ohyea: Great!!!!!! I'm getting rain gear ready... :roflblack:

:pray::pray::pray: for nice weather... we had a great time.. It will be awesome going this time on my :spyder2:...

ruthie
08-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Just marked these dates on my Iphone.

MarkLawson
08-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks, I'll try to be there this time.

Yol Bolsun
08-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Marked on my calendar.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mexican
08-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Add 2 more spyders to the list:ohyea:

wildbill6565
08-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Does anyone have a list of motels in and around Cuba?

Trickie Dick
08-08-2011, 06:30 AM
Does anyone have a list of motels in and around Cuba?
From this years event http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?24011-Spyder-Fest-2011-Where-are-you-staying&highlight=spyderfest+hotels

bullant12
08-08-2011, 08:00 AM
:ohyea::ohyea: Great!!!!!! I'm getting rain gear ready... :roflblack:

:pray::pray::pray: for nice weather... we had a great time.. It will be awesome going this time on my :spyder2:...

Done! Reservations made at the Best Western!!;)

Yazz
08-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Woo Hoo! Spyderfest is on it's way.:clap:

Do you know if the hotels are going to get blocked off and discounted for SpyderFesters like last time?

murphybrown
08-08-2011, 06:41 PM
When I made my reservation at Super 8 Cuba Debbie said they are blocking all their rooms for Spyderfest....she said last year they blocked 80%..this year 100%...wahoo strong indicator it just gets BETTER and BETTER... :thumbup:

Woo Hoo! Spyderfest is on it's way.:clap:

Do you know if the hotels are going to get blocked off and discounted for SpyderFesters like last time?

johnnyg
08-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Add two more :spyder2: , :spyder2: on there way planning on staying at the Best Western this time. Just made are reservations 8/9/11

spydermonkey4
08-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Count me In.

Papa
08-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Done

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpyderLady
08-09-2011, 08:38 AM
I have our reservations at the Wagon Wheel.... Glad to see others have jumped in and got their rooms also. Getting excited and have many months yet to go. MOGANG will officially start Spyderfest meetings in November.... so from then on expect monthly updates.:2excited::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::yes::yes:: yes::yes:

Mowerman
08-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Just tried to get ahold of Motel 6. The number says it has been disconnected. Has the motel changed names? Also they do not show up on the Motel 6 web site. Mogang any idea of what is going on there. Thanks.

pitbull
08-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Well this is the ladies board so I'll make this short....573 885 0100 is the new number, they changed names.... Again lol

chickenhoose
08-18-2011, 04:00 PM
The motel 6 has changed hands again. It is now Chatau Inn the Phone number is 573-885-0100
I finally had to call the local chamber of commerce to get the proper phone #.

DocRags
08-18-2011, 07:32 PM
we are hoping to make Cuba next April :2thumbs:...at least we don't have any kids graduating from school in 2012! Maybe the rain will stay away so we'll have drier rides!

SteveMac
08-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Cool Linda
We have our room at the wagon wheel as well! Connie and I are becoming regular customers there!

I have our reservations at the Wagon Wheel.... Glad to see others have jumped in and got their rooms also. Getting excited and have many months yet to go. MOGANG will officially start Spyderfest meetings in November.... so from then on expect monthly updates.:2excited::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::yes::yes:: yes::yes:

spyder3
08-18-2011, 11:28 PM
The motel 6 has changed hands again. It is now Chatau Inn the Phone number is 573-885-0100
I finally had to call the local chamber of commerce to get the proper phone #.

The motel 6 changed its name 3 days after spyderfest. I was there looking for it thinking my GPS was sacked out....I drove in and out of the parking lot at least 6 times before calling...:roflblack:

flamingobabe
08-19-2011, 05:37 PM
we are coming to Cuba this year...last year there was a conflict with other plans....but Cuba is 1st this year.....can't decide where to stay....we have stayed at Best Western this summer...OK but we will make up our mind and reserve a room...can't wait

Just made reservations at the Best Western.......when can we leave??????maybe October 8th and 9th for the Valkyrie event.....:2excited:

Bootie
08-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Ladies,

Block you calendars for the 2012 SpyderFest in Cuba, MO. Dates are: Wendesday April 25 through Sunday April 29, 2012. As I get more details and information I will keep everyone up to date.Made my reservations at Super-8. The Motel-6 across the way couldn't keep up with Motel-6 standards and lost their licensenojoke. They have opened under some other name:sour:. Better get your reservations in early or you will be stuck there.:(

Barbwire
08-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Just made reservations at Super 8 Debbie says you can't make them on line 'cuz the whole place is reserved for us SpyderLovers! Pet Friendly too! The old Motel 6 with new owners is not pet friendly grrrr!

dol
08-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Ladies,

yesssssss i can already book the flight and same motel

Major spyder
08-20-2011, 03:50 PM
we don't have a Spyder in the driveway yet. but delivery is expected soon!!!.... so God willing and the creek doesn't rise we should be at our first Rally in the spring........ date is on the calendar ........ not sure if we will ride from Orygun or trailer? but maybe some folks from our neighborhood will ride out we might join in the long haul to Mo. with them.:2thumbs:

Nor-Cal Spyder
08-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Were in for 2.....

dol
08-24-2011, 11:40 PM
i think to make the reservation at the place of bbq , by the lady , but i forgot the name and don't have the phone number , can somebody send me a number of email of that motel
? thanks

SteveMac
08-24-2011, 11:51 PM
i think to make the reservation at the place of bbq , by the lady , but i forgot the name and don't have the phone number , can somebody send me a number of email of that motel
? thanks

Hey Dol,
I think you are looking for Connie at the Wagon Wheel
Here is the link: http://www.wagonwheel66cuba.com/

ruthie
08-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Ok, I have Spyderfest on my calendar now I need some information about lodging in the area and contact information.

lissy
08-26-2011, 05:02 AM
Hi all, please give me more information about the SpyderFest in Cuba, MO and on the motel. Someone said they are blocking all their rooms for Spyderfest at Super 8 Cuba. Would like to get the telephone and address. Would like to know what is the SpyderFest. Sorry for asking so
much, i am new on everything

Thank you
Lissy
Florida

GloryRyders
08-26-2011, 05:57 AM
:2thumbs: Reservations made for Linda and I...............Spyderfest is a great way to meet and greet the rest of the Spyderlovers family:D. It is a family oriented rally where we will have a great group of the aftermarket vendors, food, planned rydes, food, fun events, food, and did I mention food:roflblack:. Planning for the event will be starting later this fall by the MoGang, Cowtown, and several others.

YOU ALL COME!

stillriding
08-26-2011, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE=lissy;366319]Hi all, please give me more information about the SpyderFest in Cuba, MO and on the motel. Someone said they are blocking all their rooms for Spyderfest at Super 8 Cuba. Would like to get the telephone and address. Would like to know what is the SpyderFest. Sorry for asking so

Thank you
Lissy
Florida[/QUOTE

Super 8: 28 Highway P, Cuba, MO 65453. 573-885-2087. A very friendly, accommodating staff.

lissy
08-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Thank you so much (*.*)

[QUOTE=lissy;366319]Hi all, please give me more information about the SpyderFest in Cuba, MO and on the motel. Someone said they are blocking all their rooms for Spyderfest at Super 8 Cuba. Would like to get the telephone and address. Would like to know what is the SpyderFest. Sorry for asking so

Thank you
Lissy
Florida[/QUOTE

Super 8: 28 Highway P, Cuba, MO 65453. 573-885-2087. A very friendly, accommodating staff.

TOPDOGJIM
09-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Could someone tell me how many ryders are expected? Oh crap is this the LSL section? OK lets just say my wife wants to know. :roflblack:

rogerb
09-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Over 300 this year. This was my first Spyder rally. My reservations are made I even added an extra day for the next one. It can't be much fun if people ryde through tornados and torrential downpours to get there. Plan early and act early. The MO-Gang won't promise excellant weather but they will guarantee you a good time. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

johnnyg
09-12-2011, 06:36 PM
It's weil worth the trip from any where,we had a group of riders coming up from Florida thur Tornados.thunder storms ,Hail sleet and temps in the LOW 40s. Will do it again this coming April again, if need be. Ladies did I do OK no quistions ask.

SpyderLady
09-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Could someone tell me how many ryders are expected? Oh crap is this the LSL section? OK lets just say my wife wants to know. :roflblack:

In 2011 we had around 250+ people show up. Hope this helps. Just read all the threads to find out how many already have reservations.:clap::clap::clap:

SpyderLady
09-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Ladies did I do OK no quistions ask.[/QUOTE]

No probelms..... Hopefully we will have a thread started under general discussion. We are waiting a few more months until we start the meetings, I just wanted to let the ladies know so reservations could be made. Hope you have made yours:2thumbs::2thumbs::2excited:

CJ/johnnyg
09-12-2011, 07:54 PM
He does. He just told me what he did. LOL We have reservations at the Best Western, wouldn't miss it. Hopefully the weather will be better this year. I will be riding my own :spyder2: this time and can't hide behind him in the rain. This will be my longest ride. He did offer to let me ride his RT insted of my RS if the weather gets to bad, that way I can hide behind the fairing and the big windsheild and let him play mocho man :roflblack::roflblack:.

pitbull
09-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Hey all, we have a lot in store this year for you all, if you like Spyderfest 2011 "The Second Cruisade"your going to love 2012 we our raising the bar!!! With over 350 spyders and over 500 folks registered in 2011 this next year is going to off the chain, but I'll leave it up to the ladies to keep you informed on here, we are have a special ladies only event this year...... But that's top secret for now ;-) Spyderfest 2012 "The Third Journey" can't wait to see you all there. Thanks girls for keeping every one informed, and love all your input and enthusasim!!!!

murphybrown
09-26-2011, 09:46 AM
we don't have a Spyder in the driveway yet. but delivery is expected soon!!!.... so God willing and the creek doesn't rise we should be at our first Rally in the spring........ date is on the calendar ........ not sure if we will ride from Orygun or trailer? but maybe some folks from our neighborhood will ride out we might join in the long haul to Mo. with them.:2thumbs:

Would love to connect and travel together...get back to me as you make your plans. Great way to see some wonderful country and meet new friends.

kyspydergal
09-27-2011, 01:46 PM
I put the dates on my calendar and hope to make it this time.

retiredsquid
09-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Looks like we may end up staying in the Comfort Inn in either Rolla or Sullivan.

pitbull
09-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Looks like we may end up staying in the Comfort Inn in either Rolla or Sullivan.....Honestly, if at all possible, I'd try to stay in Cuba, Just for more fun factor...Its kinda coool to be in the middle of it all, and having to leave and drive home late wouldn't be much fun unless you have too!

retiredsquid
09-28-2011, 10:41 AM
....Honestly, if at all possible, I'd try to stay in Cuba, Just for more fun factor...Its kinda coool to be in the middle of it all, and having to leave and drive home late wouldn't be much fun unless you have too!

I thought we were going to be able to head up Friday morning, but my wife won't be flying into home until Friday evening. So, we will be riding up early Saturday morning and heading home on Sunday at about noon. I wasn't able to get a room at the Super 8, as they were out of handicapped rooms. It looks like Sullivan only adds about 16 miles to the ride. It'll be okay. Heck, my wife wanted to stay on base at Ft. Leonardwood.

Maxiega
10-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Ok just marked the calender, and sent the dates to my husband. I just got my spyder this year and was too new a rider make the trip to this years Spyder fest. I got my spyder in April and only have 450 miles on it. I know, I know what am I waiting for. But I don't do well in very warm temperatures so, had to wait for summer to be over. I'm really looking forward to next April. Hopefully hubyys will get the time off!

SPYDERGUY1
10-03-2011, 08:57 PM
what if any are the camping facilities like ???

pitbull
10-05-2011, 08:52 AM
what if any are the camping facilities like ???Ladybug RV park is less than a mile. Great facilities, friendly folks 573 885 3662, or check on spyderfest.com

SPYDERGUY1
10-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Thank you very much for the info. Will check it out.

Blondespyder
10-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Already looking forward to it. Planned and vacation dates already blocked out :thumbup:.. As for weather, I don't care either way. I can go from leathers to rain gear to shorts and still be happy as long as I have good friends and nice riding :2thumbs:
If anyone can tell me where the best place to stay would be I would greatly appreciate it?!. I dont mind having to stay in another town besides Cuba. I have seen that Rolla has alot more hotel options. Thanks girls :D

SpyderLady
10-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Check spyderfest.com. While it might be the 2011it still has info on rooms. By the way the are going fast. Wagon wheel is sold out and I believe one of the others is also full. Look forward to meeting u

Blondespyder
10-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks! Will probably book soon.. And you are right, the spyderfest was still 2011 as of the other day. Can't wait to meet you too. :)

Blondespyder
10-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Hotel booked and now just waiting for April!

NavyChiefEd
10-29-2011, 12:25 PM
I hope to finally meet you. I am planning on going and going to make my reservations today or tomorrow. Chief Ed

Spydeejane
10-30-2011, 08:43 AM
From this years event http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?24011-Spyder-Fest-2011-Where-are-you-staying&highlight=spyderfest+hotels

Check trip advisor for Cuba Motels to get some up-to-date details from reviews.

Spydeejane
10-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Does anyone have a list of motels in and around Cuba?C

Check out trip advisor for reviews on Cuba Motels

Lamonster
10-31-2011, 08:39 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?33958-Spyderfest-2012-User-Group-has-been-created!

SpyderLady
12-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Be sure to check General Discussion. Spyderfest web site is up and running. Early bird registration info also. Hope. To see lots of you there. Be sure to find me (if u can I will be hard at work trying to make sure you enjoy the event) and say HI

TicketBait
12-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Be sure to check General Discussion. Spyderfest web site is up and running. Early bird registration info also. Hope. To see lots of you there. Be sure to find me (if u can I will be hard at work trying to make sure you enjoy the event) and say HI
didn't I read some where you were getting a new bike/ different color, or am I confused.?

SpyderLady
12-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Ticklebait you are correct. Was hard to give up my purple Spyder but this one will be just as customized for me. I should be able to get her the first Saturday in January. We have lots of longgggg trips planned and I decided I wanted some of the comforts of the RT. not to worry you will definitely be able to identify me at Spyderfest.

JCSMOKE
01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I am confirmed with ladybug camp ground for a nice tent spot. Does anyone know the temps of an average April in Cuba Mo? I have an electric hook up at the campground so I can bring a heater.

SteveMac
01-04-2012, 11:46 AM
I am confirmed with ladybug camp ground for a nice tent spot. Does anyone know the temps of an average April in Cuba Mo? I have an electric hook up at the campground so I can bring a heater.

Typically mid to upper 60s
Here is a link to the annual averages! : http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USMO0213?onloadedmetadata=null&oninput=null&onabort=null&oncanplay=null&onsuspend=null&onpause=null&onratechange=null&onstalled=null&onerror=null&onload=null&onchange=null&onloadeddata=null&onseeking=null&onseeked=null&oncanplaythrough=null&role=&onreset=null&onplay=null&onvolumechange=null&onplaying=null&ontimeupdate=null&onloadstart=null&ondurationchange=null&onwaiting=null&onselect=null&onended=null&onemptied=null&onprogress=null