PDA

View Full Version : I got a chuckel this afternoon....

Mac
08-06-2011, 01:32 PM
The wife, Mac, bought herself a BRP Spyder a couple of weeks ago and of course I have had to make some modifications on it. Well I took it out today for a quick spin, while she was working, and had to stop at an Advanced Auto parts. Well, I pulled into the lot and there were two Harleys parked by the front of the store, one was having a little problem, naturally. Well I went into the store and made my purchase, and returned to the Spyder. There were a few people looking at it, along with the Harley riders. I answered a couple of questions, and one of the 'riders' questioned me a little more. "Hows it ride?" he asked. "There fun to ride." I said. "Like a go cart with a whole lot more power!". "It's the wifes bike, she loves it!" "What do you ride?' He asked. "A Goldwing". I replied. "Hummm, A damn rice burned." His voice was that of discussed. "Yep, may be but I never had to park in front of a parts store to repair it either" I fired the Spyder up and pulled off.. :2thumbs:

Spyder Cat
08-06-2011, 01:51 PM
:roflblack: :roflblack: get used to it :2thumbs: the fun's just starting. :joke:

vampyregirl
08-06-2011, 01:52 PM
:roflblack:

Nice!!!

acinpcola
08-06-2011, 05:05 PM
:clap::clap:roflmao:roflblack: very nicely said...

Be Safe
AC:spyder2:

ThreeFeet
08-06-2011, 05:11 PM
:roflblack::2thumbs::roflblack:NICE!!

GloryRyders
08-06-2011, 05:49 PM
:roflblack:.............good thing that you didn,t need parts because the auto parts store wouldn't have anything to fit!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I wonder if the Harley guys know that your Gold Wing has more "American Build" to it than his Hawg?? :shocked:

ARtraveler
08-06-2011, 05:55 PM
:ohyea::roflblack:

Y Rider
08-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Since Harley Davidson motorcycles are being built in India wouln't they be "Curry Burners"? :roflblack:

Weave2u
08-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I wonder if the Harley guys know that your Gold Wing has more "American Build" to it than his Hawg?? :shocked:

:agree: They just don't make 'em like they did....say 45 years ago...

BTW...snappy come back!!:roflblack::thumbup:

scudrunner
08-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I wonder if the Harley guys know that your Gold Wing has more "American Build" to it than his Hawg??
Not anymore.... they're all built in Japan, the Marysville plant has been closed.

Leslee
08-06-2011, 09:43 PM
The over age 55 Del Webb community we live in had a sales event today where Ray Price Harley/Buell, a very good Raleigh, NC Harley dealer brought their simulator (bike on a trailer with "holders" for the wheels so you could "ride" to see what it is like). The event coordinator sent a note to residents suggesting we bring our bikes to be a part of it.

The leader of our community biker group and his friend brought their Harleys, and my husband and I took the Spyder and Gold Wing. It won't be any surprise to you, but I had residents and potential residents looking at the Spyder for the whole 3 hours of the event. People wanted to sit on it, children and adults got their pictures taken, and lots of smiles all around. Even the Harley dealer people came over to see it. Definately more attention than the Harley. What fun!:clap: